“Wow Wow Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 3,446 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Highly regarded new addition to the Seattle dining scene: http://www.seattlepi.com/food/383564_rest17.html
Bathurst, Australia
“Wow Wow Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I read other reviews on Tripadvisor about this restaurant as I was looking for somewhere to take my hubby for our anniversary when we arrived in Seattle on holidays. We had been in the US for 2 weeks before coming to Seattle and let me just say that the meal at the Sutra was the best we have had since arriving. It was all made from fresh local produce and the flavors were just so yum. If were we staying longer in Seattle than a few days i would go back there. We also had the wine pairing with the meal and neither myself or hubby are big wine drinks but each glass we got with each course really did compliment it. Yum Yum Yum is all I can say.

• Visited May 2013

94% Recommend
washington
“vegan delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

creative, delicious food, 2nd visit and once again superb! sat at the bar and watched the food being made amazing! this pace is very small and they make it work and work well!

Visited May 2013
montreal
“Excellent vegan restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Although I am non- vegan, I love the vegan food prepared by the chef of this restaurant. The food is fresh, very tasty. The service is warm. The owner has spent time to answer our questions regarding what makes him to have this fantastic idea to open this vegan restaurant, etc.

I highly commend this restaurant

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great idea,nice folks,interesting food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Sutra recently. The people who work there are all lovely,friendly and warm. They invite questions about their food,preparation,sourcing etc... I sat at the counter and really enjoyed watching them prepare each course. We all ate at the same time,and had 5 small courses but at the end of the meal,I was entirely stuffed. A wee bit uncomfortable actually,possibly from some unusual food combinations my body isn't accustomed to. It all looked quite beautiful,and tasted interesting. They go so far as to offer non alcoholic accompaniments with each course. The total meal was $40 plus the n-a drinks $13. I think it was a great value and all locally sourced produce creatively prepared. They change their menu every 2 weeks to allow for different foraged items to ignite the chef's creativity and to keep everyone fresh I suppose. SUTRA is on N.45th ave. On a major transit line so easy to get there from just about anywhere in Seattle if you don't drive. Do go,it's quite fun if you sit by the counter and watch them prepare it all! The Sutra folks operate a yoga studio attached to the restaurant and I hear the classes are really good too!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shoreline, Washington
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have gone here twice and just loved it. Everything about it is one of kind. Totally worth the money.

• Visited July 2012