“Get your Walk On!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Get your Walk On!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really loved this hotel. I had to book it for 1 night when I decided to go up to Seattle a day early and the Olive8 property couldn't accomodate my new arrival. Even at the rack rate, this hotel was worth the price. The room was spacious, the hotel front desk staff were friendly and it is a few blocks away from the waterfront and the beautiful coastal running paths. If you are an active person this hotel is close-in to all you want to do. It is about 7 blocks up from the waterfront and I enjoyed my walk down a part of town I had never explored - the shopping was more upscale and there were some cool coffee shops as you head toward the water. Upon check out, I walked to the Olive8 property with my large pack on my back...less than a mile and totally flat. Totally worth it for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this hotel is definitely in my top 5. I stayed here for one night for my stay-cation/birthday weekend. I was got a friendly greeting from the get go. My room was on the top floor (there are 9 in total) and there was a seating area which was nice. The bed was comfortable, although it was a little high of the floor for me. I'm 5'6" and I felt I had to climb into bed. However, that is just a minor thing in my book. One thing tha needs noting is the bathroom & closet are small. However, once again it is a minor thing. After being in some really small rooms in Europe, it doesn't bother me.

They do have room service. Although I didn't order it, I did look at the menu. The menu items looked really good and the prices were cheaper than I was expecting. Usually room service is REALLY exepensive and these prices didn't seem that way to me.

Parking is $20 per day and there is in/out privalages. However, with the free shuttle within a 1 mile radius, I didn't move my car at all. I did use the shuttle to go to the waterfront, dinner reservations and Seattle Center. When I was ready to be picked up, all I had to so was call and only had to wait about 10 min.

Since the hotel is near Seattle Center, I was able to walk to/from the Seattle Center. I did do this since I had a beautiful day in Seattle and I wanted to soak up the sunshine.

They do serve breakfast but I didn't partake only because I slept in too late.

Bottom line is everyone from the shuttle bus driver, front desk and housekeeping are friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and I really enjoyed my stay. This is my second stay at a Hyatt. Both times I had a great stay and will definitely stay at other hotels. If you want to be near Seattle Center, in the heart of downtown, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff are very friendly, always smiling. They offer a courtesy shuttle anywhere within a 1mile radius of the hotel and with the complimentary breakfast in the morning - it's just about a home run.
We were on the third floor in a very spacious room with a sofa, two full size beds, and a work station with coffee maker and mini fridge. There was also a pool on the first floor and fitness center, as well. Considering that there is a complimentary breakfast, it's like a stampede. I really felt bad for the employees who had to coordinate it all. You could just tell that it was their least favorite part about their job. People can be very greedy and rude...
The hotel is not central to most touristy things, but again, there is the complimentary shuttle...

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Hyatt Place hotel is relatively close to the space needle and is a pretty good value if you want to stay at the Hyatt brand close to downtown Seattle. Valet parking is $20 and shares the parking lot with an apartment building that they're building. The hotel staff is friendly and there's several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Seattle Center is a block and a half away if you want to see the exhibits there.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hyatt place was a very nice place to stay. Beds were comfortable and the service was excellent. The breakfast was good, quite a lot of variety. I would stay there again. The location is convenient to downtown and they have a shuttle service, but we were not able to use it due to time constraints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I came to Seattle for a conference that was being held at the convention center downtown. Although the hotel is not too close, it is in walking distance and if you catch the shuttle, it's even better because it drops you off at the door. Everyone was really nice to me and my boyfriend who came with me. Our room was cleaned every day. There are some great restaurants in walking distance like Zeke's Pizza. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chehalis, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hyatt Place Downtown is in a super location for activities in at Seattle Center. It is a short walk to the Space Needle, EMP, Glass Museum, and the Pacific Science Center. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is great with lots of choices for the whole family. Expect to pay $25 for parking, but the garage is secure. Nice pool and workout room too. The hotel also offers a shuttle to nearby attractions on a first come first serve basis which can be nice if it is raining.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown? Share your experiences!