“Wonderful Staff & Location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #22 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful Staff & Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff here was excellent & very accommodating. Even though we purchased through Hotwire, Hyatt staff let us check in early & even gave us a suite with a Space Needle view, awesome for my Grandson. We asked for a crib for my Grandaughter which was immediately delivered. After some time to settle in, we even received a call from the staff to make sure we were happy with our room & asked if there was anything else we needed...that was a first. The 24 hour shuttle service was great, even gave us some history of the city & info on some local happenings, always prompt & courteous.

The suite itself was very nice & comfortable.Only downside was we had to ask for lotion at the front desk, it would be nice to have in the room. Location is awesome, especially with children, only 3 blocks from Seattle Space Needle Center, Museum's, etc. & 1 mile from Pike Market. If raining, the shuttle is available. The breakfast was very good, nice to have hot options. The apples in the lobby really thrilled my Grandson as well as the indoor pool. Would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Higher floors with Space Needle view was nice. No suites with queen beds on this side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 10 month old. We had a wonderful experience. There was a nice area in between the desk and fridge that fit our pack n play easily, leaving extra room in the living room for us to move around. The bed was comfy, and separated by the living room by a partial wall, so we could read in bed without lighting up the living room too much. The bathroom was small but nice, and the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. There was also a shuttle that took us down to the pier to have dinner. We didn't visit the space needle, but it was only about 2 blocks away. The hotel and shuttle were clean, modern, and spacious. The breakfast in the morning had hot and cold items, including some gourmet breakfast sandwiches. Even the silverware was nice (great attention to detail throughout the hotel). Did I mention free parking? I don't know how I missed this hotel all the years I've been visiting Seattle but I will definitely be back. It was like staying in a four star hotel with all the cool amenities of a budget hotel (free parking/wifi/breakfast, etc). The only thing I didn't like were the toiletries (good quality but ginger-scented, not my favorite. The W has the same ones). The other thing you might want to know if you're traveling with family is that the TV was between the living room/bedroom so you can't really put the kids to bed in the living room and watch TV in the bedroom like you could in a room that was completely separated from the living room. But overall not a big deal to us. We were too busy using the free wifi on our computers to care!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Winlock, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hyatt Place Seattle has a lot going for it. I was impressed with my first stay at this property. I won the property on Priceline.com with a 3-star, Seattle Center location bid.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I was offered a tour of the hotel upon arrival after I checked in. :)
The hotel is located near the Seattle Center and Belltown. There are a number of restaurants and bars within walking distance. There is a Walgreen's across the street from the hotel as well.
I was in town for a Taj Mahal show at Jazz Alley, the room was well equipped for what I needed, as well as an easy walk to Jazz Alley. I was entertaining three of my friends before and after the show, and there was plenty of room for the four of us to relax, have a few drinks and watch a slide show of photos I took on my most recent excursion to Europe. :)
The room was very large with a separate seating area separated by a partition from the bed. A sectional sofa with a large ottoman allowed all of us to sit comfortably and visit. The room has a small refrigerator to store beverages and snacks. Their is a large flat screen TV with a data input panel in the stand so I could attach a RGB or HDMI cable from my laptop to watch the slide slow.
The king size bed was comfortable and the curtains did a nice job of blocking out the light in the morning. :)
The breakfast was very good...I had a ham, egg and cheese muffin which I took with me on my walk to the Space Needle in the morning. There were two free coffee stations in the lobby that were open until 10 AM. The hotel has a small coffee stand/snack shop for items to purchase, which I did not use.
Underground, secured parking was $20 + tax. Very reasonable for downtown Seattle.
The only downside to the hotel was the room to room noise. While not annoying, I could hear the maid cleaning in the adjacent room.
Overall, the hotel is a great value...I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on November 9-13. Our first room faced a gas station on the back side of the hotel. Thought it would be ok. But, the shower did not drain. We called the front desk. They had someone come in and tried to clear drain. He was not the handyman. he came with a screwdriver. Since he could not clear the drain, we changed rooms. New room, same problem. Location - same. Noisy all night. There was yelling, car and motorcycle noise all nights. We had to place the sofa pillow cushions by the window to try to quiet the noise. Both rooms were odd numbered rooms. Might want to request for even numbered rooms on the front side of hotel-quieter. Complimentary breakfast was great with many options. Funny how they offer coffee, but not Starbucks. They sell Starbucks coffee. The courtesy shuttle that drives within a mile radius was helpful since they were able to drop us off at the Westlake Center so we can take the light rail to the airport. We walked to and from our hotel to Pioneer Square, Pikes Place, Chinatown, Centrylink Field, Olympic Sculpture Park, etc.

• Stayed November 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Space needle with my 3 children. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was great (much better than the usual muffin and coffee served at many hotels) and the 24 hr shuttle was the best. Easy access to all things downtown and on Queen Anne hill. Helpful friendly staff!
Only down side was the additional 20.00 to park in the garage. It seemed a bit steep given the hotel is not in the center of downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place is terrific value for a visit to downtown Seattle. The hotel is modern, clean and airy. It is designed to be functional rather than opulent, but the rooms are large and well decorated. All are suites with a separate living area, and a slightly different layout than conventional hotel room format. North facing rooms have a great view of the Space Needle.

The location is was great for our purposes – close to the highway for easy access, steps from Belltown’s restaurants and bars and only a 10 minute walk from the heart of the shopping district. If that’s too far, they also have a shuttle service that will drop you anywhere within a mile radius.

Compared with other hotels in the downtown area, this place also included parking and breakfast in our rate, which can often be very expensive add-ons to hotel rates in Seattle. This is now my go-to choice when I visit downtown Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceSEA, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We love to hear that we are your new "go to choice" and we are looking forward to having you stay again!
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here the night before a Seattle Seahawks game. They had a shuttle to take you within very easy walking distance to Centurylink Field or they would drop you off at the monorail station. They also offered bus service that would take you to the stadium itself. Very important to sign up for this service. We opted for the shuttle as we wanted to get to game eariler than the bus service was scheduled for. They do charge a parking fee to park vehicle in garage, but it was worth it, as they allowed you to leave vehilce there while attending the game, which saved us the hassle of finding and paying for downtown parking. The room was terrific and they had a very nice breakfast and coffee service. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for a great review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to visit us once again!

Been to Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown? Share your experiences!