“Huge room, yummy free breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #22 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Winlock, Washington
“Huge room, yummy free breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hyatt Place Seattle has a lot going for it. I was impressed with my first stay at this property. I won the property on Priceline.com with a 3-star, Seattle Center location bid.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I was offered a tour of the hotel upon arrival after I checked in. :)
The hotel is located near the Seattle Center and Belltown. There are a number of restaurants and bars within walking distance. There is a Walgreen's across the street from the hotel as well.
I was in town for a Taj Mahal show at Jazz Alley, the room was well equipped for what I needed, as well as an easy walk to Jazz Alley. I was entertaining three of my friends before and after the show, and there was plenty of room for the four of us to relax, have a few drinks and watch a slide show of photos I took on my most recent excursion to Europe. :)
The room was very large with a separate seating area separated by a partition from the bed. A sectional sofa with a large ottoman allowed all of us to sit comfortably and visit. The room has a small refrigerator to store beverages and snacks. Their is a large flat screen TV with a data input panel in the stand so I could attach a RGB or HDMI cable from my laptop to watch the slide slow.
The king size bed was comfortable and the curtains did a nice job of blocking out the light in the morning. :)
The breakfast was very good...I had a ham, egg and cheese muffin which I took with me on my walk to the Space Needle in the morning. There were two free coffee stations in the lobby that were open until 10 AM. The hotel has a small coffee stand/snack shop for items to purchase, which I did not use.
Underground, secured parking was $20 + tax. Very reasonable for downtown Seattle.
The only downside to the hotel was the room to room noise. While not annoying, I could hear the maid cleaning in the adjacent room.
Overall, the hotel is a great value...I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on November 9-13. Our first room faced a gas station on the back side of the hotel. Thought it would be ok. But, the shower did not drain. We called the front desk. They had someone come in and tried to clear drain. He was not the handyman. he came with a screwdriver. Since he could not clear the drain, we changed rooms. New room, same problem. Location - same. Noisy all night. There was yelling, car and motorcycle noise all nights. We had to place the sofa pillow cushions by the window to try to quiet the noise. Both rooms were odd numbered rooms. Might want to request for even numbered rooms on the front side of hotel-quieter. Complimentary breakfast was great with many options. Funny how they offer coffee, but not Starbucks. They sell Starbucks coffee. The courtesy shuttle that drives within a mile radius was helpful since they were able to drop us off at the Westlake Center so we can take the light rail to the airport. We walked to and from our hotel to Pioneer Square, Pikes Place, Chinatown, Centrylink Field, Olympic Sculpture Park, etc.

• Stayed November 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Space needle with my 3 children. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was great (much better than the usual muffin and coffee served at many hotels) and the 24 hr shuttle was the best. Easy access to all things downtown and on Queen Anne hill. Helpful friendly staff!
Only down side was the additional 20.00 to park in the garage. It seemed a bit steep given the hotel is not in the center of downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place is terrific value for a visit to downtown Seattle. The hotel is modern, clean and airy. It is designed to be functional rather than opulent, but the rooms are large and well decorated. All are suites with a separate living area, and a slightly different layout than conventional hotel room format. North facing rooms have a great view of the Space Needle.

The location is was great for our purposes – close to the highway for easy access, steps from Belltown’s restaurants and bars and only a 10 minute walk from the heart of the shopping district. If that’s too far, they also have a shuttle service that will drop you anywhere within a mile radius.

Compared with other hotels in the downtown area, this place also included parking and breakfast in our rate, which can often be very expensive add-ons to hotel rates in Seattle. This is now my go-to choice when I visit downtown Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceSEA, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We love to hear that we are your new "go to choice" and we are looking forward to having you stay again!
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here the night before a Seattle Seahawks game. They had a shuttle to take you within very easy walking distance to Centurylink Field or they would drop you off at the monorail station. They also offered bus service that would take you to the stadium itself. Very important to sign up for this service. We opted for the shuttle as we wanted to get to game eariler than the bus service was scheduled for. They do charge a parking fee to park vehicle in garage, but it was worth it, as they allowed you to leave vehilce there while attending the game, which saved us the hassle of finding and paying for downtown parking. The room was terrific and they had a very nice breakfast and coffee service. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for a great review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to visit us once again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have very mixed feelings about my stay here last weekend. The room was very large and nice. The bad part is that is smelled horrible. I asked at the front desk and they were going to try and find another room but it was taking awhile and I was exhausted, so I just turned the air on high and sprayed the room with perfume. The maintance guy told me it was the carpet and most of the rooms had the same foul odor. It has an amazing breakfast, the best free breakfast that I have had a hotel. The pasteries were great and didn't taste like they came out of a box. The hotel is located just a couple blocks from the Space Needle. It is on the edge of downtown and there were quite a few police out at night. It was pretty dark on the streets compared to other locations downtown. The hotel shuttle will take you within 1 mile of the hotel which is helpful, but it's first come first serve and the hotel was full while I was there, so I just chose to walk. The taxi to the airport is $40 so be prepared. I took the light rail mostly, but it doesn't run until 5 am and my flight was at 6 am. I did walk to Pikes Market an the light rail and it wasn't bad. There is an indoor pool but it didn't look that great and they had just completed maintanence on it that morning. No hot tub :( Nice workout center, but I got my workout from walking everywhere. They don't have a book in the room with the breakfast hours, pool hours, or places nearby. They said they are trying to be paperless, but that was the first time I realized how useful those books are. Given the many options of hotels downtown I would probably stay somewhere that smells better and that I feel safer. The breakfast and friendly staff may lure me back though.

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask, the blackout curtains are not the best. There was typical noise from downtown, bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your positive review!
We hate to hear that you had issues with a smell in your room, and that kind of feedback is always taken seriously. As the hotel was built in 2010, that is not a typical problem, so we will be sending our staff to survey the room. Please know that we do appreciate such a positive review despite the fact that you had an issue. Hopefully you will give us another chance and return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for a girl's weekend of shopping and Carrie Underwood concert. The room was very clean. The Breakfast was a great, with a good options and good coffee. We really liked the shuttle. It would pick you up and drop you off within 1 mile from the hotel. This shuttle service really saved us on parking and driving arould in a town we don't really know. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown? Share your experiences!