“Excellent customer service, comfortable, clean rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #39 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Edmonton
“Excellent customer service, comfortable, clean rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed her for two nights. Check in went very smoothly, staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed on the Bed and Breakfast package and the restaurant staff were excellent at accommodating our meal requests. Food was delicious! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only complaint there was that the lights are on a main switch, we had to take the bulbs out over the desk because there was no way to shut them off when we put our little one to bed, without shutting off every light in the room. Minor, but a bit of a pain. We were heading to the Seahawks game and checking out on the same day and the staff was extremely accommodating in holding our vehicle and luggage until after the game. Customer service was excellent! They even provided excellent directions and instructions to the transit system. One thing to keep in mind though, is this is right downtown. I'm a light sleeper and the downtown noise and sirens drove me nuts and kept me awake. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I’m glad you were able to enjoy breakfast in our Bistro. I will pass on your compliments to the restaurant staff. I do apologize about your light situation in your room; it does sound like a hassle to go through. I will have our engineering team take a look, it could be something was wrong in in room that the light switch for the desk was not working properly. Otherwise, it sounds like you had a great time seeing the game and hope you return to stay with us again!

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I chose this Hotel because of its location and many positive comments thru this source! Be sure you check first what you get before you received your room key. This is our first trip in Seattle. Booked 3 nights stay in a king size bed with a sofa bed thru booking.com. Sounds like you are getting what you have booked for, right? Not really!! After a long day travelling to Seattle, checked in at the Hotel and gave us a key to our room with a king bed without a sofa bed but a regular chair. So I checked the printout confirmation from Booking.com to reconfirm if this is what I am getting for. True enough .. I was told by the front desk agent the room I was checked in actually not the room I have booked for after he asked to see the printout from Booking.com. I was unhappy to hear that and questioned why we were not assigned the room we have booked for in the first place. Interestingly I was told by him that "I should have informed front desk what I have booked"...C'mon really!! This is ridiculous. I have never experienced this in my life.

So we did move to the correct room type........ room is way alot better than the first one.....spacious! We have another issue with heat system in at least 2 other rooms. Anyway we have moved to this current one which is working perfectly. We were promised for a complimentary b/fast for 2 by the agent over the phone. Was told vouchers will be slipped under our door but was told by the engineering person who checked our heat system that we will need to stop at front desk for our vouchers the next morning. Anyway I dont really bother whether we are getting our free breakfast. All I know I am getting my room we have paid for and heat is working in our room. Second opinion about this hotel is for sure. Most importantly make sure you bring your printout and proof it upon check in. Good Luck people!

Room Tip: Do not leave behind your printout booking confirmation.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LindaOngEE, wow…your experience with our hotel was anything but what you expected and no excuse will do. Reservations through any source, including our partner with Booking.com should be honored without fail, nor is there a need for your “print out” at check in to get what you expected. I apologize for the run around you received and for the poor experience with our heating system which you encountered, once you were in the correct room. Wasting your time and creating a frustrating experience is not acceptable and if you would like to contact me to discuss your experience in more detail I would appreciate your time so we can ensure our procedures are in place to make sure this does not happen in the future.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have stayed at Courtyard Marriot hotels with positive experiences and this another of the same. The room was surprisingly quiet given the busy neighbourhood and staff were friendly and attentive. We chose this location because we wanted to be close to Century Link Field which is a relaxed 15-minute walk away. We also found many unique, eclectic shops and eateries in the area and had no concerns walking around despite some cautioning us about some of the local residents (who might be homeless but we found to be friendly and of no concern). Parking is valet only but it is well worth it as you have in/out privileges and have no need to worry about your vehicle's security. Staff bring the car to the front quickly when you need it. Might cost a bit more but easier than finding local parking. My only criticism is the overly-attentive housekeeping staff who woke us at 8:00am wanting to clean the room...then did the same 30 minutes later. We advised the front desk who were sympathetic and apologetic. Our advice (not theirs)? Make sure you put a Do Not Disturb sign out if you plan to sleep in, just to be safe. We recommend this hotel if you are attending something at Century Link or Safeco, or even overnighting an Amtrak trip (the station is also in walking distance). If you plan to play tourist in the central downtown area or around the Space Needle, it might be too far south for easy access - unless you have good shoes and plan to do plenty of walking. This will be our hotel of choice now for future Whitecaps games in Seattle. A pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep late, place a Do Not Disturb sign on your door to avoid over-attentive housekee...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will definitely pass on your comments about our housekeepers, but as you mentioned, having our Do Not Disturb sign on the door will be the best way to not be disturbed in the mornings. Hope to see you again on your next Seattle visit!
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at other Marriott Courtyard locations (Tukwila and Portland) and have been very pleased so it was a no brainer to book this one in Seattle for a night out with family and friends. We had a few hiccups in our stay that were resolved effective and efficiently by the GM. The hotel is in a great location, very clean and a great price. I will definitely stay again and recommend the other locations as well. Thanks Marriott for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. I’m glad to hear that even with a “few hiccups” you were able to enjoy your stay. I will pass on your great comment about our GM to him as well! We all look forward to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This a very nice hotel in the restored Alaska Building. Rooms are very nice and hotel is very close to the stadiums. Parking is a bit difficult so use the valet service. The bistro has limited hours but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Although there are a couple of options for parking in the area, our Valet Parking is definitely the most convenient, as it is operated 24 hours and guests have complete in and out privileges. We hope to see you again soon!
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very pleased with the service, amenities and room. Price is better than others in the immediate area, and having stayed at others, would come back to Courtyard based on price/comfort/location. I would also note that the restaurant on the first floor (The Bistro) was a reasonable priced casual spot with good food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments on the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel and the Bistro. We will see you on your next visit to Seattle.
Arvada, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We made relatively short-notice plans to stay in Seattle for a couple of days before visiting a nearby college our daughter is interested in attending. It was tough finding a relatively inexpensive hotel that was relatively close to the sites we wanted to see.....Pike's Market, Underground Seattle, EMP museum, Space Needle. The problem was that very little was available downtown on the dates we wanted.......largely, I think, because it is a September weekend and also because there was a Seahawks home game on Sunday. Bottom line is we lucked out booking our stay at the Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square hotel.......and I am glad we did!

We booked the hotel through Hotels.com. We had the choice to get the room with or without breakfast.....we chose to get it WITH breakfast. That was a SUPER great deal. For the four of us it only cost an extra $20 per day for the breakfast and we didn't get some plain continental breakfast with bagels and cold cereal. It was full-on breakfast, made to order and served to us. I would bet we would have paid $12 to $15 PER PERSON if we would have had the same breakfast out somewhere. Definitely a killer deal in my opinion.

The hotel was also very comfortable, quiet, and modern. It is obvious they have.....and are continuing to.....done extensive upgrades and modernization. The technology amenities were nice (TV, Wi-Fi, etc.) were all top notch.......the Wi-Fi was free and was higher quality than I have seen in many hotels and I travel for work quite a bit, so I have seen the good, bad, and ugly. This was good.

Proximity to sites we wanted to see was great. We left the car parked with the hotel valet and just walked. Pioneer square and the underground Seattle tour was less than two blocks away......and an eclectic little site that we enjoyed. The one end of the waterfront area (south end) is about 4 blocks away and then there is about a mile+ of waterfront shops and restaurants from there. Pike's Place Market is maybe 7 or 8 blocks away up the hill.....always one of my favorite places to visit when in Seattle. Great food, local artists, fresh produce and flowers, coffee, good beer.......its all there. A bit more of a jaunt is the Space Needle. I would say from the hotel it might be 1.5 mile walk, plus or minus. We just walked to Pike's market and then on up to the EMP museum and Space Needle.........then rode the monorail back which cut the walk back in half.

Lastly, the staff were just great.....super nice and helpful. Everything from getting us extra shampoo to checking our bags on our last day while we were out playing around.

Bottom line is the next time I am in town, I will look to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the alley if you want it quiet like I do. When traveling, I could care less about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. It seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned, we are in walking distance to many of Seattle’s attractions. We will see you again on your next Seattle trip!
Front Office Manager

Been to Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square? Share your experiences!