“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Newcastle, UK
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Handy location for the train to the airport and for access around the city.
Maybe not the best area to walk around at night, especially a block down in Pioneer Square.
Nice reception area with attentive staff always at hand, separate business area with free coffee available.
Suite rooms were smart and large with a huge bed, a pull down sofa and kitchen.
The bar was always busy with good staff and bar meals were good quality.
There was a gym and pool downstairs but I never got that far (!!) although colleagues did say they were good.
Would stay again for the quality but would prefer a better location nearer the city centre.

Room Tip: High up and south facing gives a view of the stadiums, east view gives the Columbia building
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Many thanks for taking time to review you recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Seattle. Your word of caution for travelers to be alert at night is a good call, as it is in most large cities. The compliments to our staff’s availability, when you need them and the quality of food/service you enjoyed is most appreciated. Our access to the Seattle Light Rail Link is a great option for travelers who do not need a car as we are just one block from the station, for a $2.75 ride to Seattle International Airport. We look forward to hosting you again on a future trip to Seattle when the south end of downtown meets your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here every week for 9 months in 2011 while working on a project in Seattle. This was my second home and the people at the Pioneer Square Marriott made it feel like just that. There was always a friendly smile and hello whenever I passed through the lobby and they were great about getting me checked in quickly and had my checked bag either waiting for me in my room or at the front desk. The building itself is very nice and has been recently renovated. The rooms are in excellent condition and I did not have a bad experience the entire time I was travelling out to Seattle and staying at the Pioneer Square Marriott. It is also in a good location for getting to most stuff in the Downtown Seattle area, bit of a walk to get into the middle of downtown but there is a lot of good stuff close by.

Room Tip: Try Tats about 2 blocks down, great Philly cheesesteaks and other deli sandwhiches. Also try Fuel, a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Seattle. What a pleasure it was to learn of your experience with our staff, we are fortunate to have a caring team who genuinely enjoy what they do. Your comment on the hotel being your “second home” is very flattering and I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again when your leisure or business plans bring you back to Seattle.
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stay at a lot of Courtyard hotels - they usually have good locations at a pricepoint that makes sense for us and they deal well with kids. And I must say that this is the nicest one we've been to - a beautiful building in a great location with nice rooms. The beds/linens were particularly comfortable.

We were able to walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go and took a very convenient (and free!) bus the two times we didn't feel like walking through the rain - (the hotel is in Seattle's downtown free ride area).

Our only disappointment was that the pool is very small and there is no hot spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your very flattering compliment on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Seattle. …“the nicest one we’ve been to – a beautiful building in a great location with nice rooms.”… Your review of our facility, staff, luxury bedding, value for families as well as our central location are very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. On the pool front, I share your view that “the bigger the better”, especially for kids yet this historic 1907 building had footing constraints during the renovation in 2010 which limited the pool size and did not allow for a spa. I apologize for this missed opportunity to have made your stay even more special and hope that we can be of service again when you return to Seattle.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

A lot of the other reviews give good details about the hotel. In general, it is a pretty basic room and typical Marriott cleanliness and decor. Like other downtown-type hotels, there aren't many amenities to the room, but you'll probably be spending most of your time out doing things. We stayed here for a "staycation" in July and had a great time. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance (5-10 minutes). We attended a Mariners game, rode on the Seattle Great Wheel, shopped and ate at the waterfront and dined at The Metropolitan Grill. The Met is just up the street, all of the other things are also walking distance.

We asked for and received a room in an upper floor, so street noise wasn't much of an issue for us. We had a cocktail in the bar/restaurant downstairs and received excellent service and a nice drink. The desk staff were friendly and helpful on both days we interacted with them.

We didn't really use the pool or exercise facility, so I can't give a review on that. Overall, we enjoyed staying here and would do it again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I appreciate your positive coments about our bartender and front desk staff. We are an excellent location for many of the Seattle area attractions. I'm glad to hear that you went on the Seattle Great Wheel. The Wheel just opened and is going to be another fun tourist attraction for our guests.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I came to Seattle from Portland for a little vacation. I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Only blocks from public transportation, Pike Market, shopping, and pretty much anything you would want or need.

At check-in I was greeted by Brittany and Isabell. My request for a high floor corner room was available which made me very happy. They were fast, efficient, and courteous. Brittany also arranged a late check out for me per my request since my travel arrangements were later the next evening. All services offered and given were delivered with professionalism and friendliness.

The lobby was clean and inviting. There are couches, chairs, and tables. Folks on business could have a little meeting in the lobby alcove by the business center or friends and family could hang out over a cup of coffee that is available 24-7. They have a market right by the front desk. There is a business center with three computers. Nice clean modern design. There is also a restaurant but I didn't go.

My room was clean and comfortable. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I felt refreshed and rested the next morning. I was very pleased that this property had a microwave and fridge in the room without having to request one. Also there is an ipod dock/clock radio on the night stand. A for sure plus! The AC/Heater worked magic. The weather was a little chilly at night.

Brittany, Isabell, Teresa, and Jennifer (FD Mgr) were more than happy to do anything. They made my stay very pleasant. When I come back to visit Seattle and the friends I made I will be staying HERE!!

Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: My room was a corner with 2 queens. Lot's of light. Rooms 2-10 on 10th floor and up face the w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for writing such a nice review for our hotel. I will share your feedback with all of the staff members that you mentioned. I'm glad to hear that you liked and enjoyed all the amenities in our hotel. The lobby area, the business center, complimentary coffee, our Bistro Restaurant and comfortable beds are all a part of our refreshing business concept. We have all the comforts of home in our guest rooms. Our friendly and professional staff is one of our strongest assets.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for four nights recently while sightseeing Seattle. The hotel is a converted office building in the middle of Seattle. I think they did a superb job - the rooms are decent size and comfortable with modern amenities. The real draw for me was the location. Travel from the Sea-Tac airport could not have been easier. The Light Rail station is literally a half a block from the hotel. For sightseeing, you are only a 10 minute walk to the ferry dock to Bremerton/Bainbridge Island. There is a free bus just a half a block from the hotel that runs on a loop to and from the tourist areas which is very convenient since some of the walks can be steep going up hill.
Restaurants galore in the surrounding area. The hotel has a bistro which I tried a couple of times for breakfast. It was good and convenient.
Staff is superb. Couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff.
Great place. I hope to stay here again when I travel to Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher floor gets you away from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay. The Seattle Light Rail is great option for our travelers who don't require a car during their visit. We are also fortunate to be centrally located to many of the attractions which make Seattle such a great destination! Your compliments of our staff are very welcome and will be passed on to our team.
virginia beach,va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Coming in from the east coast to run the RnR marathon, we were able to save on rental car by taking the light rail from the airport which took us to just half a block from the hotel. Good thing too because parking is valet only and costs 28 dollars a day. Getting around was easy as we could either walk or take public transportation which was either free or very inexpensive. We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed the resturaunt which served up some delicious meals, the pool which was very relaxing after the marathon, and the comfortable plush king size bed. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We were given specific directions that even I could follow on how to get to our destinations. When we asked for a good breakfast place, of course we were told about their in house resturaunt but in addition, we were also given a few other staff favorite options in the area. (The Fire House Grill serves up some tasty french toast.) I like the fact that they made us marathoners feel welcomed by posting information on how to get to the expo, start line and how to get back as well as offering up a carb-load dinner. Many hotels I've stayed at for other marathoners have made us feel like intruders. So thanks Marriott for a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. We are one of the host hotels that support the Rock "n" Roll Marathon in Seattle. It's been our 3rd year of being a host hotel.I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly and that we welcomed the marathon runners with open arms.We are a great location with easy access to most of downtown Seattle. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our pool and your guest room.It's great that we were able to recommend a local breakfast option. Hope to see you back next year.

Been to Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square? Share your experiences!