“Fantastic Hotel and Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #36 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Baltimore, MD
“Fantastic Hotel and Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November. He was attending a conference at the convention center and I came along to sightsee. The hotel is in the financial district so it busy with people from 7 am – 6pm. After lunch time many area coffee shops and little restaurants close for the day. I did find a great sandwich place in Pioneer Square called Delicatus we ate there twice for dinner. It’s the perfect place if you want something quick, delicious and a short walk from the hotel.

The hotel itself is really nice; the hotel lobby itself is awesome. I spent plenty of time down there waiting for housekeeping to finish with the room or waiting on my husband. They have a great business center with four computers and a printer. They also have several couches and chairs and a big screen tv to enjoy. There is also a kiosk to print off your boarding passes for no charge. Another nice touch is there are several large golf umbrellas for guests to borrow for rainy days.

Our room overlooked Cherry Street on the 14th floor. I found the room layout to be very nice and the bathroom was spacious. I feel there could be more closet/drawer space. We were a bit tight on space since we were staying seven days and packed lots of sweaters. I loved the bed! It was the best Marriott bed I have ever slept in, firm but not too hard. I am not a fan of the super soft mattresses at other Marriott locations. I thought the couch everyone complains about was fine. The little foot stools in front of the couch are nice to prop your feet on and enjoy the flat screen tv. I also loved the shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water. My only small complaint about the room is the noise. People are not kidding when they say you can hear the outside traffic. I brought a small fan with me to use to block out the noise and occasionally I could still hear street noise and sirens over it. This would not stop me from staying here again.

During our stay we went to a football game at CentruyLink Field. The hotel is only a short walk away from the stadium. We were there in less than ten minutes. I would highly recommend staying here if you’re in town for a football game.

I also went to Pike Place Market every day for lunch and the original Starbucks. The hotel is approximately 10 blocks away. These are very large city blocks and some hills are involved. Parking is a nightmare at Pike Place so it’s worth it to walk down there and explore all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have stayed at other hotels which were carved out of existing older buildings an have been disappointed but the Pioneer Square Courtyard did not diappoint but wowed me. Every aspect is updated and new. It was a pleasure to stay here and will do so again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed two nights back in April 2011 for a wedding to take place down on a cruise boat. The building had that old time elegance and the staff was very professional and friendly. I had forgotten my dress in the car and the attendents quickly got our vehicle (parking is off site) so that we could make it to the wedding on time.
This is a great location to take advantage of all the sights. We walked down to Pike's Market and saw the flying fish and had coffee at the original Starbucks. The next day we walked over to the monorail and went out to the Space Needle and ended up walking all the way back enjoying the wonderful architecture. We walked to the docks for the big event.
Though the room was not large it was fine for the four of us since we spent most of our time sight seeing. We had room 607 which looked out onto the street ~ not picturesque but since we are from a rural area we enjoyed "the city view". Really appreciated having the refrigerator and small coffee pot that got our mornings started and appetizers before going out to dinner.
I thought it was a very good value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a newly remodeled historic building in Seattle’s Pioneer Square area and would be a great choice for those going to events at CenturyLink Field, Safeco Field, or the WaMu theater, as well as those who will be moving through Seattle’s cruise terminal (Argosy, Victoria Clipper, or regular cruise ships.) The hotel is an easy walk to each of these, as well as some great neighborhood bars and restaurants.

The remodel was tastefully done, and the addition to the rear of the building for newer rooms was also done appropriately for a historic building. The basement features a nice pool, but note that there is not a lot of lounge space around the pool so its best used for a workout rather than a “hangout” spot. The exercise room is huge and impressively equipped.

I had a King room with the “Bay view” which was on the tenth floor, putting me just high enough to see the water over the building across the street. The views are impressive and certainly worth an upgrade. While the room is not large it is intelligently designed with furniture whose flexibility allows you to make it what you need – a desk that can be pulled out and moved if you need a larger table, a small ottoman that works both as a table and seating space, etc. It was very well done. The bathroom was large enough to feel spacious without sacrificing square footage in the room itself. We had no problems with noise, even given that it was New Years Eve when we stayed.

My only real complaints about the room were trivial – rather than properly strip the woodwork and repaint they saved money by just repainting on top of the old (which I suppose is better than ripping out the original features entirely!) There was also a long hair left on the side of our tub which grosses me out more than it probably should, but there you go.

The hotel had friendly service, and is firmly in the 21st century with convenient electronic terminals set up for guests in the lobby to print boarding passes, valet service that takes a text message when you need to order your car, and free wi-fi that worked very well. I can’t remember what we paid for valet, but given the dearth of available parking in downtown Seattle I found the fee worth the unlimited access to my car. We didn’t try breakfast, but enjoyed a late night snack at the comfortable bar while watching the world go by out the floor-to-ceiling windows on the street.

All in all this is a great option for the Pioneer Square area, especially if you are a Marriott member or prefer familiar corporate chains (and their lower prices) to the smaller boutique options nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Really nice hotel. Large stylish bedrooms. Pool very small, kids enjoyed the gym! Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Larchmont, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The staff was friendly and efficient, the hotel is clean and modern, and the rooms are spacious with all the amenities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is my second stay in as many years. I gave it 4 stars the first time but decided to bump it up for this review. I've been here over Thanksgiving both times and have enjoyed this hotel thoroughly. It is easily accessible to all local transportation options, which are extensive in seattle, so no car needed! It's a cool urban hotel with the new courtyard design. Surrounded by many local establishments. Easy walk down to the pier and Ferry terminals. The light rail to/from the airport is 2 blocks away. I can't think of anything they did not take care of, from early/late check in, to loaner umbrellas. I can't think of a better value in any of the major cities that I travel to.

Room Tip: High floor facing west or south get's you a view of quest field or the bay.