“Clean, New, Good Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Clean, New, Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Booked through Expedia after reading all of the reviews. Overall this hotel is in a good location to walk around downtown Seattle. We used the valet parking which was convienient but $28 day. The room was as advertised. It was clean and modern with a nice king bed. Staff were very good to us. We were traveling with a 1 1/2 year old and had no troubles. The bistro at the hotel was pricy but tasty. I would stay here again. I did feel the rates were a bit high though and the pool was very small.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Take the light rail from Sea/Tac, $2.75 one way) it's stop #10, hotel is around the corner on 2nd Ave. Spent 6 nights, check in was early and easy. Staff recommended a good place to eat, it was ok. Room with king bed, dresser, flat screen, bath good size, ac worked very well, maid service was great. Had one meal in the hotel bistro, good food, and prices and service was great. Did notice a lot of take back to your room service.
Hotel is about a 15 minute walk to Pikes Market, we went every day for fresh fruit and bakery. Very busy on Sat/Sun, we did do some shopping for gifts, some unusual stuff.
Our room was on 9th floor, no view, didn't ask for one. We used Marriott points, and as has been the case in the past, the rooms with a view go to the cash customers. We would stay in this hotel and recommend it. Did not use the pool or exercise room. Parking is expensive, both at the hotel and on the street!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here at the courtyard pioneer square. When I first checked in at 10 pm, the valet was friendly and it was welcoming. I didn't ask what floor my room was because I'm on a marriott associate rate and therefore not picky about anything. I had requested a king bed and high floor room, which is exactly what I got. I was on the 13th floor (there are only 15 floors) and it was a king. Perfect! I never expect too much due to the rates that I get at Marriott's but they treated me like any other regular rate customer.

As for the room, it was really nice. The walk from the elevator to the room was very close. Everything looked brand new and no smelly hotel scent. The lights were dim but I was with my boyfriend and it was a nice atmosphere. I wasn't expecting a fridge but after some looking around, there was a mini fridge in the corner hidden next to the closet. I really like fridges because whenever I go out to eat, I always come back with leftovers and it works better when I dont have to use my portable cooler. The internet is also free! There's wifi (great reception even on the 13th floor) or you can plug it in like I did. Very convenient. The desk was nice to work on and the chair is a comfortable ergonomic one.

Out of all the things about this hotel, I actually felt like my luggage and valuables were secure. I never feel secure usually. The HUGE difference between this and marriott waterfront was the safety issue. I had to store my bags and laptop after I checked out at courtyard. The front desk clerk made sure my laptop was safe in the safe deposit box (you get a key and the clerk gets a key, you need both keys to open that box) and she tagged all my bags not with a cheap sticky tag, but one with a string tag. She said that the storage area is video monitored and very safe. It was behind the counter in a room where I saw management staff walking around and that's what I really liked about it. The marriott waterfront's storage is actually right at the front entrance at the valet room and everyone walking into the hotel has a full view of all the bags. It was an awful feeling knowing that a stranger could easily go in and grab something. I wasn't even able to get a safe deposit box there and I felt bad using up the front desk clerks time because there were 7 other people behind me in line at the waterfront (understaffed obviously).....anyways enough about that, that's for another review. I didn't worry one bit about my bags at courtyard.

To wrap it up, I loved it here. Valet wasn't an arm and a leg and you can't beat the associate rate at this hotel. I'd love to come here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family stayed here for a few nights in the heart of Seattle. It is a very nice hotel in the middle of everything. The shops around Pioneer Square are great. It was within walking distance to Pike Place Market with more great shops and restaurants. It is within walking distance to Safeco Field, which is a great ballpark.

The room was pleasant and clean - what I come to expect from Marriott hotels. The price was reasonable, except the valet parking gets to be a bit expensive. Overall it was a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and ask for a corner room. Spectacular views!
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Room was large and comfortable. Staff ... especially the valets ... were extremely friendly and helpful. The Bistro was not a good choice for breakfast with pre-set choices. Biggest problem we encountered was that we booked two rooms and spent two nights before going to Portland and wanted to book two more for the end of our trip but they raised the rates so high we stayed elsewhere.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Tired of fighting traffic and paying expensive parking fees when going to a baseball game? If so, this is the place to stay. The Courtyard is a 10 to 15 minute walk from Quest and Safeco fields. The rooms are very spacious , comfortable and clean. Our room didn't have much of a view (brick building) but it was very quiet. Staff is very friendly. Only complaint was the bar. We came in after the game and asked for Irish Coffee's. What we got was coffee with a little whisky in it. I even had to go to the bar and ask for whipped cream. Still tasted good, until I got the bill. I was surprised that the bill for three Irish Coffee's came to $34. I would definately come back to this hotel next time I come up for a game.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. Very easy to get to from the light rail station which is just around the corner. Early check in was not problem as we arrived before lunch on a flight from the east coast; and the lunch we had at the restaurant was very nice with the friendliest service. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is close to many nice restaurants with a Seattle's Best coffee shop right across the street where we had breakfast the next morning. A short walk to the waterfront. The front desk service was friendly and efficient, and gave us directions when we asked. After our stay the hotel staff called a cab to take us the the cruise ship terminal. Overall a beautiful hotel and I would stay there again. Highly recommend considering this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square? Share your experiences!