“I Want to Stay There Again, and again and again . . . . . . .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Roy Street, Seattle, WA 98109 (Magnolia / Queen Anne)   |
Special Offer
$20 Off per Night!
Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
cookie2494
“I Want to Stay There Again, and again and again . . . . . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at the Maxwell the night before our cruise for Alaska left. I searched a long time before I picked the Maxwell. There were several advantages I was looking for. I wanted a pick up from the airport, closest to Pike's Market, transportation to the docks the next day, priced right, space in the room and amentities. I got all that and bonuses that included a view of the Space Needle, a beautiful clean room with a huge walk in shower w/shower goodies, beautiful decor, flat screen TV, wonderful comfortable bed ,I could go on forever, just as I stated in my title, I want to stay there again and again and again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Goleta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

My son and I had completed finals and decided a get-a-way to Seattle would be what the weary brain needed. Wow ~ by staying at the Maxwell our bodies, minds, and spirits were pleasantly revitalized. The location at the base of Queen Anne hill is a must with Kerry Park for the most outstanding view and the convenience of the Met market and QFC just around the corner for late night snacks or early morning treats. Upon check-in until check-out you shall be treated like a welcome guest complete with superior service. The staff is superb!! The decor is tremendous! The pool area is delightfully cherry and warm. I started each morning therein. The temp is perfect. The complimentary newspaper in the mornings is heavenly as you sit alongside the fireplace in the uber sized lobby, complete with freshly brewed tea. Oh and let me not forget the super pretty cupcakes that greet visitors throughout the day in the lobby. A nice touch Maxwell. So now that I am almost ready to move in...you may question the perfection factor. Ok - herewith a few comments erring of the side of human-ness. I would like to see additional swing towel bars in the bathrooms, to dry towels - therefore saving water and energy costs. Perhaps a hot-tub? Also - I would like to see additional comforters - and down alternative pillows. Otherwise, I am moving in....
Thank you Maxwell for a superb time. We loved staying with you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

After a long cruise in tight quarters, the Maxwell Hotel was a needed stay. The music in the lobby was soft, the front desk was friendly and pleasant and the room...Beautiful!! We really appreciated the soft wood flooring, the open, large showers and the beds (I think they're Sleep Comfort), what ever they are, we fell right to sleep. Though, cars were going by, we couldn't hear them. The room was big, quiet, clean and comfortable. The complimentary water and microwave popcorn was a bonus. My wife doesn't see very well so the large flat screens were a plus.
We didn't get a chance to use the workout room or the pool but they looked very inviting too.
Thank you Maxwell!!
We'll be back.

Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I found this hotel after extensive research via TripAdvisor (which proved to be invaluable for all aspects of this trip).

I typically look for a clean, newer hotel in a good location that is under $200/night. I don't care that much about having people park my car or turn down my bed. If this is what you need, look no further.

This appears to be a brand new hotel. It smells like new lumber; kind of how my house smelled when it was newly built. The interior design is contemporary, interesting, and bright. It has many amenities. The pool is smallish, but OK for kids. They have a coffee kiosk (it is after all Seattle) that is inexpensive but not overwhelming in terms of quality. The rooms are great; very plush and comfortable. Fully equipped with flatscreen TV, microwave, fridge, etc. Beds are very comfortable. Floors are wood and tile. No tub, but I never use one anyway. It has a large tiled shower.

Staff members are casual but polite. Only one glitch: I left some smoked salmon in the fridge and wanted to come back to pick it up. I called them right after checking out and they said they would check it out and get back to me. They didn't return my call and when I called back later they said it had been thrown out. Kind of frustrating although they were nice about it. Didn't offer to adjust the rate.

The location is very good. It is close to the complex where the Space Needle and other attractions are. You can walk to several restaurants, but it takes a few minutes to do so. The area is safe for walking. They have free parking which is obviously a huge plus.

All in all, this is a fantastic bargain. You won't find anything else in this area for under $150. My advice is go go for it before they raise their prices up with the rest.

Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Brand new hotel... right across the street from Seattle Center. We were there for 2010 Folklife Festival. Totally convenient.

Hotel tastefully but colorfully decorated. Everything brand new so very nice. Floors were wood with small rugs here and there. We had someone above us and we did hear some noises once in awhile.. like if you were in an apartment. But other than that a perfect stay. Room was small but had microwave, coffee maker, small refir, K sized bed. Staff very friendly. 24 hr coffee/snack kiosk near lobby. Price was good (we found on Expedia). Would definitely consider staying there again. Found a computer down stairs that is for public use.

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Whoever designed these rooms had a sense of humor, but a fun take on the color palette. I really enjoyed the decor; the hotel is decorated in a very whimsical-jazz inspired way with bright colors. I think we must have gotten a handicapped accessible room because the shower didn't have an actual shower, just a curtain on the side of the bathroom with a seat. Also, when the wake up call sounded, there was also a flashing light like a fire alarm. There was also a door bell and a peep hole about waist height. No real complaints there. The parking situation was the only real problem. If you go to Seattle, just get a compact car. People don't like to actually follow the compact car parking spaces and usually park wherever the heck they want, mostly over the line and in two spots. The Maxwell had a parking garage, but people parked so poorly, there weren't even close to enough spaces.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I stayed here for a week with my girlfriend. The hotel is new and the room was spacious with an extremely comfortable bed as well as a safe, coffee machine, large tv with dvd player (can rent films from the front desk) and a microwave. No bath (not sure we would have used one anyway) but a walk-in shower instead.

All the staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. Location wise, it is slightly out of downtown - about a 5 minute walk to the monorail at the space needle or about a 3-4 minute walk to the bus stop to go into downtown. There are also some restaurants on Mercer street that are only about 5 minutes walk away. We did hire a car for a day and parking overnight at the hotel was free.

One or two minor niggles - there was no bar which would have been nice but the hotel does provide coffee and fairy cakes (for free) in the lobby and also has a small shop that sells fruit / pastries / soft drinks etc. Also, there was some noise from the street when we first arrived but when we mentioned it to the front desk they had no problem with moving us to a room at the side of the hotel where we couldn't hear the cars.

Other than that, the hotel also has a swimming pool / gym and free wifi. We would definately stay here again if we come back to Seattle and would not hesitate to recomend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!