“Modern hotel, good location for restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

Save Saved
You added The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Roy Street, Seattle, WA 98109 (Magnolia / Queen Anne)   |
Ranked #10 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Canada
“Modern hotel, good location for restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent 1 night at The Maxwell Hotel with my husband. Our room was trendy, very large (maybe too large) but comfortable and a very good nights sleep. The hotel is a little out of the downtown area of Seattle however they offer a complimentary shuttle to make it very easy for you to get there. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a great location to many restaurants within walking distance. Maybe a little expensive but a good stay regardless.

Room Tip: This hotel is not in the downtown area but it's very accessible to downtown.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I'll thank the team for being so helpful. Please come back and see us again soon.

1,315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Maxwell Hotel for meetings at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is only 7 minutes walk away. The hotel is also close to the Space Needle. My room included free wireless internet, coffee, bottled water, and microwave popcorn. It had a refrigerator and microwave oven. The room was very large and so did not feel especially cosy, but was well appointed and distinct from your standard chain hotel room. My room was connected to the neighboring room by a lockable door that conducted quite a lot of noise from next door. This interrupted my sleep a couple of times, but this is my only criticism and was a relatively minor issue. Cupcakes and coffee were provided in the lobby each afternoon. Staff were helpful and knowledgable about the local area and Seattle. I took the Shuttle Express from the airport to the hotel (USD 18), and a hotel-arranged private limo from the hotel to the airport (USD 42); both worked well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello GHJohn! Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We enjoy having the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation guests stay with us and try to take great care of you. I'm so sorry about the noise from the connecting door. We only have a few of these in the hotel so hopefully you won't have to worry about that noise again. We also will be able to see which room you stayed in and put you in a quieter room next time. We hope to see you again soon!
Salt Lakr City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while in Seattle. Was a great place to stay. Room was very nice with modern and trendy touches. Friendly staff. Offerred free shuttle service to area attractions, which allowed us to just park (in their free parking!) and explore the city by foot or their shuttle. Also had bikes to use if needed, we will use those next time. This hotel was very close to city center, an easy walk. Also had a lot of nice places to explore like Yeti Yogurt! We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Great review! We want to give you a tremendous thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle, friendly staff, and the hotel design. We hope to see you with us again soon.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I love where this hotel is located and the rooms are very comfortable and staff is friendly. Would not want to stay any where else. Restaurant in lobby is very good. A+++++++++++++, It is close to the needle, ride the ducks which we went on and all the other places close by the needle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review! We truly appreciate your response and wouldn't be here without great guests like you. We very much would like to see you again soon.
Charleston WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is a gem! A block from Seattle Center, down the street from great bars, restaurants and 2 grocery stores, and you can rent bikes! The decor is bright and modern, and there's coffee everywhere--Pineapple Espresso in the lobby, K-Cups in the room, and free coffee and muffins in the afternoon. The rooms are big, clean, and the bed is orgasmic. If you get a chance to stay at The Maxwell--DO IT!!!!!!! It will be my new go-to hotel in The Emerald City

Room Tip: The only bad room is the one you don't reserve at The Maxwell
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Amazing review! We truly appreciate it and hope to see you very soon. We are glad you enjoyed the location, the amenities, and the beds. :)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've been to Seattle many times and typically stay closer to Pike Place. We recently stayed at the Maxwell which is closer to the space needle in the Queen Anne before going on a cruise and the hotel was a great choice. The hotel also had AC which was nice since not all hotels have AC in Seattle.

The rooms were very large, new beds and the bathroom was great. After a long day on a plane they were able to check us in early (I called in advance to let them know we'd be getting there 3 hours before check in and they put it in their notes and had the room ready for us, which was a huge surprise.) The staff was very helpful, something I'm not used to in the DC area.

The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you around town - reservations are a must as space fills up quickly since they also pick up at their sister hotel. The driver was a font of knowledge about the city and I learned some things I didn't know before.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will go back the next time I'm in the area if I get to choose my hotel and don't have to use a room block.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less street noise since there are several neighborhood bars in the area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, AC, early arrival, and the shuttle driver. He definitely knows a great deal about the city and isn't afraid to share it which we appreciate. We certainly hope to see you back with us soon.
Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in a great area and I would recommend to normal travelers, but we travel with dogs and this hotel said they were dog friendly. My comments are only with respect to dog friendly. The up side was that online they showed pet services that were good. We used a dog groomer to get our mutts washed and dried. The down side was that we were required to sign a form that said that we wouldn't let our dogs use any of their property nor their neighbors property for their personal needs. When we asked where we could let our dog use some area we got a bewildered look and told to go two block away, which we did. I wasn't expecting to walk two blocks in the morning first thing to relieve my dogs. To their defense and their neighbors defense, they really only have concrete around them. The Maxwell allows dogs but they are not dog friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello Bill H. Thank you for staying with us here at our nice hotel and we appreciate the recommendation for normal travelers. We are so sorry that we didn't give you the greatest impression with our dog friendliness. We have dog treats at our front desk, free disposal bags, dog bowls, doggy beds, and more. It's a shame that we weren't able to convey just how friendly we are to our four-legged friends. The team just wasn't sure what to say at that moment and I have since spoken to them. We have plenty of grassy areas within 20 feet of the hotel that is not on our neighbors property that your dog can certainly go on. We just ask that you clean up after your dog which is normal these days. I'm so sorry for the misinformation and for the unpleasant feeling that you took away.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Been to The Maxwell Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!