“Great start to an evening” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #230 of 3,490 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Olympia, Washington
“Great start to an evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have been going to Long for the last couple of years prior to evening engagements at Benaroya Hall. The Tamarind Tree appetizers are a wonderful start to any meal. Our groups have consisted of folks with a variety of tastes, from vegetarian to carnivore. The menu covers it all. All well prepared and tasty. Service is good, not obtrusive but there to help.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Olympia, Washington
“Lots of different choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you l like Vietnamese food but are tired of the same old choices, you should go to Long Provincial Vietnamese Restaurant. In addition to a full bar, they have a large menu with lots of meat, seafood and vegetarian choices. On our last visit I had the Longs Provincial noodle bowl, which had a little bit of everything; chicken shrimp, beef, an eggroll, and sugarcane, plus lots of vegetables and noodles. We always get the tamarind tree rolls as an appetizer. Diners at other tables around us were having squid, eggplant, and lots of more adventurous choices. Longs is a great place to go before an event at Benoroya Hall, as it is within easy walking distance.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
seattle
“Nothing like the Tamarind Tree”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I brought my friend from NYC here for lunch today. She was staying at a downtown hotel on business so I thought I would try out Long Restaurant rather than Tamarind Tree because we could walk from the hotel. What a disappointment!
We got there after the lunch rush and the place was practically empty and when a restaurant is empty you can really see what the inside looks like. It was dirty and grimy and the employees were running all over the place, I guess cleaning up from the lunch crowd and getting ready for the evening meal.
Our meals were ok but not what I expected after having dined at the other restaurant they own (Tamarind Tree). I guess we should have gotten in the car and driven out to the International District.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Best Spring Roll Ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The Spring rolls in rice paper are The Bomb ! I also had the Beef Pho' and martinis they were great also but I could eat those spring rolls by the dozen they were so good !

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Good Food, Great Happy Hour Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here around 4:00 on a Saturday. He had a bone marrow app and I had the duck rice soup. We were very pleased with both our dishes. You can tell when eating here that they cook their food for a long time. Often I find the broth lacking in depth from not allowing it to simmer long enough. At Long, the broth had the depth I was looking for and my husband raved about the marrow dish. The duck was also good, not too tough or fatty. The restaurant itself needs a face lift. The floor tiles were missing in places and I think that it could use a deep cleaning. However, the food and service were good and I would go again when in the area.

Visited August 2013