“Very frustrating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Spinasse

Spinasse
1531 14th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)
(206) 251-7673
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spinasse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,471 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: 14th Avenue between Pine and Pike
Transit: The Metro buses 10, 11, and 12 stop a half block away on Pine between 14th and 15th Avenue.
Description: Opened in August of 2008, Cascina Spinasse captivated local and national attention for its authentic incorporation of Piedmontese dishes, including handmade pastas and use of local and Italian ingredients. Spinasse, is open for dinner from 5:00 pm- 10:00 pm Sunday -Thursday and until 11 pm on Friday and Saturday. We take reservations via phone or on our website.
Vancouver, Canada
“Very frustrating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The time that we spent at Spinasse for a dinner could be better if Michelle the bar server had a better people skills. Very frustrating.
We love the food.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, WA
“Every dish thoughtfully created”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have eaten here several times since they opened. I sat down at the counter overlooking the kitchen and told my server how much I was looking forward to this meal, because I knew I would not be disappointed. Every dish is very well thought out, and created and presented with care. These dishes are on the smaller side, but the flavors are so complex and interesting that you will slowly savor every bite. My server, Shane, suggested an excellent Italian wine to accompany my meal. He allowed me time to enjoy each course, and yet made sure the next course was on its way when it was time. Make sure you order one of the fresh pasta courses; it doesn't get much better than this. If you enjoy watching the kitchen, grab a seat at the counter overlooking the action (if you can). If there is a wait, go next door and have a drink. It will be worth the wait.

• Visited December 2011
Boston
“OMG kinda of carbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Everything was fabulous, nicely prepared, nice wine list, cozy environment, great staff.

• Visited June 2011
Ketchum, ID
“So close to my best meal in Siena, Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I found myself dining alone after a late cancellation of a business dinner. Why not have the dinner I had heard so much about? Seated at the dining table facing this man making the pasta that I would eventually have for my main course. My waitress was willing to take over for me and my command of bring me something good was accomplished with style. The burnt butter and Sage pasta was brilliant, salad with braised rabbit and a meatball dish that was full of flavor. The wine list, I believe I remember this, was all Italian.
Kristie, my waitress was very attentive and informative. Great dinner, maybe better than another time I recall in Siena, Italy. I will be back on many occasions.

• Visited October 2011
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice, very special, very different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is an Italian restaurant with very special menu. Different from any other traditional Italian restaurant. Great quality but with similar pricing. So you may end up with $100 pp like I did.

• Visited November 2011