“Rock and Roll!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 178 Attractions in Seattle
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Arts and crafts, Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit a museum like no other on earth. EMP Museum, located next to Seattle’s historic Space Needle, houses some of the world’s most legendary pop culture artifacts. Test your DJ skills in Sound Lab, take over the spotlight in On Stage, and get the scoop on the world’s most mesmerizing producers of pop culture. Hands-on experiences, iconic artifacts, and award-winning exhibitions featuring luminaries in the fields of music, literature, television, and film make EMP a destination unlike any other.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Rock and Roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This museum had exhibits on science fiction movies/tv, horror films, video/pc gaming, and of course music. Without going too much into each, they showed the evolution of these topics. Big exhibit on Hendrix and Nirvana. We were there for a few hours and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Seattle. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m sure most people can find something there to interest you.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Dark, dull, blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love music, I love Hendrix and I was sure I would love EMP. It was wrong. I even went back another time a few months later, convinced it must have been an anomaly. But this just was not the right venue for me to enjoy music. The headset started things off wrong for me - I spent much of my visit hoping I would not contract head lice from the previous user. I doubt they are thrown out between users, and all it takes is one. Dark space, too many lines, it felt claustrophobic & I really just wanted to get out of there. Also, not that it really affected my experience indoors but the outside of the building is monstrously ugly.

Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
“Fun but a bit meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

A good way to spend a rainy day. My rock-music fan cousin found more here to appreciate than I did, but it was still worth the price of admission...once.

Visited November 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 attraction reviews
“Rock on!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I really enjoyed this museum. It was smaller than I expected but well worth the visit. The mega-gigantic video screen playing rock videos was a powerful reception. For those who play an instrument or wish they did, the Lab Room is an awesome experience; you can spend time in one of various sound-proof session rooms with real instruments, or simply follow learn-as-you-play exhibits in the main hall. For science fiction lovers, the basement exhibit is a must. And for a bit of video-game nostalgia, go to the Video Games exhibit for a tour of the last 40 years of video game technology.

NJ
19 attraction reviews
“Decent place for a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you love all things music (especially the Seattle music scene) then you will love the museum. I don't know if it was worth the $20 ticket price though. A lot of interesting stuff to look at and they also have a sci fi area and horro area. I especially liked the Jimi Hendrix room(s). I don't know that I would go back but it was ok for a one time visit. The ticket counter was quite busy and the service was a bit slow.