“Meh.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anchovies and Olives is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 3,488 Restaurants in Seattle
Cross street: 15th & Pine
Vancouver, Canada
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We came with 6 of us and were led to a table right away. Had to ask for our drink order to be taken and was then told of the three items from the menu they were out of (it’s not a very big menu and what they told us we couldn’t have, we would have preferred to what came, I’m sure).

I wasn’t overly impressed with the menu; not really a lot of things looked appetizing or appealing to me. I ended up ordering some spicy peppers to start (recommended by our waiter) and they came and yup, there was a white plate with about 6 peppers on it and a blob of aioli. I don’t know what, exactly, I was expecting, but I wasn’t impressed. They tasted okay, but it just seems strange to be handed a plate of hot peppers to eat.

Someone else ordered a crab pasta and she said the pasta wasn’t cooked properly (too al dente) and the noodles were all stuck together. Another at our table sent her main course back, as part of it was burnt (though they claimed it was meant to be). The only thing which looked great, that I didn’t try were the sea scallops. Three of them for like $26. Maybe it was an off night, but I wouldn’t go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Seattle
“Oyster lover heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love oysters on the half shell. This restaurant serves them several different ways (with different toppings). I loved them all -- the toppings enhanced the delicate flavours of the oysters. Other food is great also. Ambience is cozy, low light, kitchen in full view -- I can't wait to go back.

Visited September 2012
“Nice happy hour...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The oysters at "Power Hour" are only $1 and the best thing on the menu. The additional choices, including a couple nice pasta dishes, were flavorful and a good value. The happy hour wines were only two dollars off the regular price but this is a nice alternative to the Pike/Pine corridor on Capitol Hill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went here to try something new and were quite pleased. Of the 4 dishes we ordered, the Gnocchi was excellent as was the Casarecce. We also had the Spaghetti Neri, which was really delicious but the clams could have been rinsed more there was a bit of grit. Last dish was the Fettuccine and this was a disappointment, it really lacked flavor. We also had the Padron peppers for an appetizer and they were quite good. Enjoyed the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo red wine. Overall a great experience and will definitely go back again. Service was excellent, friendly and knowledgeable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Point, New York
“tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Bucatini was delicious! Service was ok. Would have like the server to have been a little more attentive.

Visited November 2012