“Wonderful floors tucked into a street front retail space” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anchovies and Olives is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #395 of 3,492 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th & Pine
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful floors tucked into a street front retail space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Lovely sophisticated restaurant on the edge of the bustling Capital Hill neighborhood. Portion sizes were just right with a nice variety to select from the seafood centric menu. Nice cocktails and wine by the glass selection, served by a very polished wait staff. I wish they offered a better selection of green salads (actually none!) as well a vegetable sides. The desert selection was simple and very tastey. Overall a bit pricey, two people, two drinks each, one appetizer, two entrees and two desserts = $140 including gratuity. Good option for impressing a date or celebrating an event.

Seattle
“What's up woith the hip-hop?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

When you walk into this restaurant the decor is nice, italian, the fung chewy is there, but from behind the bar somewhere there is hip-hop music blaring at a a volume that caused our neighbors and us to simultaneously look at each other and shake our heads with confused looks on our faces, while our young daughter happily sung along to this mental insult. If anything, I was happy the meal ended to escape the bizarre atmosphere.

The service was good. I ordered the crab/noodle dish, which defaults with jalapeno, but I ordered without. There were lots of noodles, but the crab was hiding somewhere amongst them, making the dish somewhat bland. Yes, the peppers would have made it not-bland, but really, jalapeno peppers with crab?

Daughter kind enjoyed her dish that had mushrooms, wife thought hers was just OK. Overall, if you want Italian, head a block away to Spinasse; see my review.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“A Very Good Tuesday Night Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

After driving around the city looking for a place to eat that was open (post Labor Day Monday extended closings), my friend and I came upon Anchovies & Olives.

I have always seen this place but never bother to give it a try. Not sure why I didn't but I will be back for sure. Two out of three appetizers rocked us but one didn't. Can't win them all.

Our entrees were both pretty delightful, too. One linguine and clams with slightly under done pasta was redeemed but an amazing sauce that used preserved lemons. Great twist to save the dish. The second dish was house made pasta with a heavy tomato and meat sauce. Hearty meal on a cool autumnal night.

The service was spotty since the server was not well informed about the wine list or the menu. Surprisingly the food runner had a better grasp on the whole show. Someone needs a promotion, boss!

Would return again.

Visited September 2012
Seattle
“All my favorite things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I LOVED this restaurant. I and friends started with oysters on the half shell. I especially liked the citrus ice and chili ice toppings. Then we shared a melon, cucumber and anchovy salad -- it was incredible. Next came yummy pasta dishes. There were several fish entrees on the menu also. I didn't know what to choose -- they all sounded fabulous. Also indulged in a very tasty Pinot Grigio. My friends ordered a very decadent dessert that they raved about. The service was absolutely tip top. I'm already planning a return trip.

Visited July 2012
Blythewood, South Carolina
“Good food, odd music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Anchovies and Olives has a completely open kitchen, and the dining room vibe is laid back and relaxed. Our starters of roasted cauliflower and dungeness crab risotto were excellent; the smoked trout salad was light on the trout but otherwise tasty. My 19-year-old daughter loved the bucatini with pancetta and spicy pomodoro, and my sockeye was excellently prepared. My husband enjoyed his sea scallops with eggplant caponata. The only complaint--and this is mild--is that the background music was energetic and discordant, which did not mesh with the atmosphere in the dining room at all.

Visited August 2012