“Great food, great environment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oddfellows Cafe

Oddfellows Cafe
1525 10th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)
+1 206-325-0807
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #273 of 3,492 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, European, Bar, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Description: Oddfellows is an all-day all-night cafe and bar that serves simple fresh food influenced by peasant French and Italian dishes and served without pretense. Oddfellows is a large welcoming space that has kindly been referred to as "the Pike/Pine corridor's living room."
Seattle, Washington
“Great food, great environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have to laugh at a fellow reviewer who called the atmosphere "damp" in a posititve Seattle way. Pretty funny. I have lived here for nearly two years and have spent most of my dining money on breakfast. This place was great. Met a good friend for breakfast on a Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. and we had no problem getting a table. The coffee was tasty and our cups were kept full. The biscuits are amazingly good; I can never stay away when I see biscuits on the menu. I can also never stay away when I see beignets on the menu, and these are among the best I've had. My husband had the french toast - wow, the bread slices were so thick but not soggy.
This is a really casual place. It gets loud and buzzes, but in a good way. Can't wait to come back. It is worth it. On a side note, I was really disappointed with the state of Capital Hill. It was really dirty. Is is always like that? It won't keep me away though. If you are visiting, you can stop at Elliott Bay book store. Huge inventory, though sadly (in my opinion), not as enchanting as the old store in Pioneer Square.

• Visited January 2013

Minneapolis
“Mmmmmm Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My sisters and I had a delicious breakfast. I ordered the biscuit with scrambled egg and cheese. It came with a side of greens with basaltic vinaigrette dressing. The biscuit was dense yet crumbly like a good biscuit. The eggs were perfect. It was a good sized breakfast. My sister got a biscuit with jam. The orange marmalade was sweet and a perfect compliment to the biscuit. The atmosphere was very good. The service was good and the food was delivered quickly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Awesome brunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Brunch here is fantastic, and if possible I would eat here every day. Order at the counter, then get an assigned number for your table. The line was long, but don't be intimidated. It moves quickly and the space is large and efficiently run.

• Visited November 2012
Malmo, Sweden
“Excellent kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Best fish with sauce!!! The waiters nice and fast, the local fascinating. Would like to return immediately...

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great dinner, good lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

As many other reviews say, Oddfellows is very modern and chic/hipster, but it is tasty too!

I had a salad here for lunch once, and it was really good. However, that time I felt it was a little over priced. I came back to have dinner in December 2012 and it was one of the best meals I had had in a long time. I had:

- Brussels sprouts for appetizer = extremely tasty!
- Cod with some type of wheaty rice and a delicious sauce.

These were both daily specials and very very good. It was one of those situations where I was too full to continue but tried my hardest to clean the plate! If I came back to Seattle, this is one of the places I would definitely revisit. Go there!

• Visited December 2012