“Great customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121   |
Special Offer
$20 Off per Night!
Ranked #26 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Gibsons, Canada
“Great customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Unfortunately the rooms fell short of my expectations however the staff and location made up for it. This hotel has a funky feel and goes out of it's way to make you feel welcome. My biggest complaint about the room was the noisy air conditioner which kept us awake for two nights and when we tried turning it off, the room became very warm. As mentioned, the location could not be better, a 10-15 min. walk to all the highlights. Do yourself a favour and eat at the Palace a few doors down, the best burger and Appies of the whole trip. Overall I would return only if I had a reasonable rate, $555.00 for two nights was a lot for the quality of room.

Room Tip: Even though we were overlooking the monorail we could hardly hear it go by.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello stokolas,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations but we are glad that you still enjoyed your stay in Seattle. We do our best to go above and beyond for our guest to assist them any way we can. We appreciate your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Hotel was ok, but not as superb as described. Just a standard hotel. Hospitality? Yes, the "Concierge" in the yellow T-Shirt was friendly and gave us some good hints, but not at all the staff at the front desk. The lady was unfriendly and harsh already when we checked in. Unfortunately I forgot my rain coat in our room the day we left to travel further. When I went back a few hours later to fetch it I was told to come back the next (!!!) day, because only the Management had the key to the store for forgotten objects and would not be back at the hotel until the next day. I was insisting and got my coat back, but in such a rude manner, I would never return to this hotel.
Caroline

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello Caroline O,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. It is unfortunate that your stay was not as expected but we do appreciate your feedback so we can address any issues and make our hotel better. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to email me directly at llee@hotelfiveseattle.com.

Kind Regards,
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

First off, I'm not young (54). Not hip (rarely wear black. or is it orange now?). Don't usually go out of my way for "boutiquey". Nevertheless, my , wife, 16 yr. old daughter and I enjoyed this hotel immensely. I read with interest the recent negative posting, and our experience couldn't have been more different. I found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful. The front desk folks were not the best people to ask for detailed suggestions- that's why they have these guys dressed in yellow who spent lots of time with us to make sure we found what we needed. They were friendly, patient and informed- and led us to some very good choices.
The hotel itself was very upbeat. A good vibe throughout. We liked the decor, the beds were extremely comfortable and the location was perfect. Much better than many of the same old, same old hotels.
Check out their website to see if the feel of the place fits your interest.
But I wouldn't hesitate to book if it does- even if you are an old fart like me.

Room Tip: we stayed in a one room suite with a separate living room with fold out couch. Perfect for our 16 y...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello chickyskids,

We appreciate your wonderful review of Hotel FIVE. We do our best to go above and beyond to ensure our guest are comfortable and informed about the city. We are glad you had a good stay and we hope you were able to enjoy everything that Seattle has to offer. Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Chatsworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Me & my son recently stayed at the Hotel 5 before our cruise to Alaska. We flew in a day early so we could checkout Seattle. Our flight got in early, we were met by our driver that Hotel 5 had arranged for us. We were met with warm welcoming smile and was able to check in our room at 10:00 AM. The room was very nice and clean, the bed were comfortable! The front desk staff were always ready to help you with any questions and I forget the guys name that help us ( he worked in the lobby) with recommendations but he was the best!! It is in a good location right in the middle of downtown with easy walking to Pike's Market or the Space Needle. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone and if we're ever back in Seattle again we will definitely stay with Hotel 5 again! Oh and can't forget the pineapple cupcakes served in the lobby daily :)

Room Tip: safe location & in the middle to be able to walk to everything
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gagenie2014,

What a great review. It is always good to hear when one of our guest had a good stay at Hotel FIVE. We do our best to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you like small hotels with a unique or hip vibe this place is the perfect choice. In a sea of traditional hotels Hotel Five is Easy, comfortable, convenient, small, clean, unique, not "fancy", not "trendy," updated, good for young people, not hipster just hip, safe location and affordable.

Room Tip: It's in the city and most rooms face the street so.....welcome to the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Shelly_6012,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. We take pride in being a little different than most hotels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked Hotel Five through Hotwire on either end of my trip to the San Juan Islands. The first two days I got a corner room on the fifth floor and then a corner room on the second floor. Both rooms were small, but the amenities were nice: bottled water, coffee, free internet, hair dryer, and vending machine on each floor. The decorations were funky cool. I found the people at the front desk welcoming and helpful. They called a cab for me and a town car to the airport when I needed it. I especially liked the pineapple infused water and the daily mini cupcakes in the lobby. The free bike check out was a nice touch. I wouldn’t say it was located in the center of the city, but you could walk to the waterfront in 10-15 minutes. I actually took the light rail from the airport to the Westlake stop and walked the 3 blocks to the hotel lugging my 45 lbs. luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello leo28,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. It is always great to hear when guest enjoy their stay with us as well as some of the great perks our hotel offers. We hope you enjoyed the San Juan Islands and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

First off - expectations of the place were rather high based on the 4.5 rating of the Hotel 5. Photos looked great - with an Art Deco feel, etc.
We were looking forward to a nice, unique experience vs the chain hotels we frequent.

The reality of the hotel is that it is a "re-done Ramada", with a few cheap add-ons. A front desk person explained "it is over 40 years old" to me.

The front desk "help" are not too friendly - and offer very little in terms of input/advice or suggestion (they don't make much eye contact either - just staring at computer screens when you try to engage in conversation).

Fellows in bright yellow shirts are engaging - (I think they were concierge ? Bellhops? Don't exactly know...) and interactive - but don't provide much in regard to suggestion, or even attempt to assist you with luggage.

Highlight - the beach cruiser bikes you can utilize at no additional cost.

Lowlight - Max's (Cafe/restaurant) in the hotel. I've never received such terrible service or hospitality in any restaurant. Slow is one thing - curt and abrupt (with eye rolls from waitress staff for simple requests) is another.

Rooms are rather small but kept clean. One person bathroom sinks keep traffic tight. There are no refrigerators in the room - and only bags of ice offered on the 2nd floor (no ice machines ).

The hotel is well positioned in the heart of Seattle - however, ordering a car/transportation from the front desk was laughable: "you have to wait outside by the curb or the car will leave". (Why call the front desk for transportation then?)

The Pineapple idea is a cute one (cold infused pineapple water and the once daily pineapple mini muffins), although the delivery of hospitality came up short.

PS - get the Park Pass (if traveling to the Space Needle, etc). No mention was provided by the Hotel 5 staff - but "discovered" through our own travel.

A good hotel for something close to downtown (only book at a low rate) but not much else to highlight.

• Stayed July 2014
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello 33Alphie33,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE and it is unfortunate your stay was not what you were expecting. We will look into the issues you have mentioned. We use reviews like yours to make our hotel the best it can be.

Kind Regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!