You added Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121   |
Special Offer
$20 Off per Night!
Ranked #25 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, different, and more home like than hotel. The staff were all very nice and helpful in many ways. If you ask...its done.

Nice free extras were the daily bottles of water ($1.50 to $2.50 at other hotels I have been to) and the coffee's and tea's. The free shampoo/ conditioner/ shower gel and lotions were all finer quality than most hotels and were in dispensers instead of little bottles, this is a plus for those of us who hate those little caps. The bathroom had a rain shower head with water pressure!!! The toilet and tub were in a little bit of a separated area. The other area had a beautiful sink on one side and a great stand on the other that you could put your clothes on. They have a normal hairdryer, not one attached to the wall, an iron and ironing board, and the thickest, softest towels and wash clothes I have ever had in a hotel (or at my house!)

We were in room 230 and it was very quiet even though we were right over the parking lot and beside the rail train. I heard no outside noise at all. The beds were very comfortable. When you got into them it was like they hugged you but had great support. The bedding was very soft. The TV was a bright and clear flat screen that included 37 channels of Direct TV including Showtime. A relaxing chair with footstool was in the room and made it more home like. The deco was a refreshing change from most hotels. The included WiFi was fast and easy...no signing in every time you shut down. The alarm clock was one you could hook your Ipod touch into if you liked, was accurate, and the alarm was one that started soft and built in volume so you woke up gradually not startled.

We had one issue with the hotel and was taken care of right away. The A/C was working but not properly and would come on for 1 minute then shut off for 20 minutes. It made for a stuffy room. We thought it was its normal operation so didn't say anything until the morning and just suffered through the night. They had it fixed by the time we returned from our days outing. Had we mentioned it right away I am sure they would have had it fixed in minutes.

We ate at the restaurant the second day and had some issues. Just a bad day for them maybe but the steak sandwich my husband ordered had to be sent back 3 times due to them not cooking it completely (He ordered medium well and it came to him rare, then medium rare, then medium before the last time coming to him medium well) and the omelet I had ended up making me ill. The server apologized profusely but its just one of those things. NOTE: The cheese steak is not the thinly sliced beef kind of Cheese steak. It is a steak on a roll with cheese.

Area-
We easily walked to dining, Pikes Market, Museums, and Space Needle. NOTE: The rail is right next to the hotel but you can not get on it there. It only stops at the space needle and downtown, so you would need to walk the 4 blocks to the space needle to catch it to go downtown. We walked from the hotel to the underground buses, then from Smith tower to Pikes Market, then to Gameworks, and back to the hotel with ease...but I was tired after that day.

It would be possible if you are able bodied, not in a hurry, and dont have a lot of luggage... to walk to the underground airport train. Its about 5 blocks. Take note that the people of Washington think walking distance is 3/4 mile to 1 mile when they tell you "yes, it is in walking distance" and that some of the sidewalks in Seattle are very hilly.

I have photos of the hotel inside and out but it will not let me post them here (MAC) so just ask and I will send

Room Tip: 2nd floor space needle view was quiet and had a view of the needle midway up to the top. Higher up w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Arrived in seattle early, staff were great and let us check in 2.5 hours early. Stayed on the second floor, immediately hit in the face with over powering fresh paint smell when we came off the elevator. The ice machine/snack/soda area was empty the machines MIA. Had to go to another floor to find them. Just to find out that the soda machine was out of diet drinks. We had a king bed that was really comfortable but the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor from the bottom of the door. There were a few scratches and scrapes in the paint. Not just on the wall but on the ceiling, found that a bit odd. For the over 200 dollars paid by the time you included all taxes I expected a bit more in amenities. The concept is great, but next time we are in seattle we will be trying a different hotel.

Room Tip: we were on the end without a view and got a little road noise. Try to get one facing the Monorail.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We were doing some touch up painting in some of the rooms last week so I apologize that the smell was a bit strong that afternoon. As you noticed in your room the walls can get a few scratches from time to time so we try our best to keep them under control. I'm glad you commented on the "empty vending area" we have ordered an ice cooler for this space as opposed to a noisy ice machine. The ice cooler should be here shortly and will be filled with pre bagged ice for your convenience. So no more noisy ice machines to keep you up at night!
Also if you’re looking for travel deals keep an eye on our web page, I know there are some fun and exciting things coming up this summer!

Lacey King
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is comfortable, but I'm not sure the decor will be to everyones taste! The rooms are very bright and airy and the bathrooms are good. It is within walking distance of the space needle and the staff were friendly and helpful. We did find it a bit noisy though. There is no carpet on the floors - they are all wood - and the person upstairs to us walked about in very noisy high heels!! There was also a group of teenage girls on our floor who woke us up at 2 am, so we didn't get much sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Purchased a Groupon, which included a coupon for $25 towards food at Hotel Five! Was NOT disappointed. Hotel was great for access to downtown Seattle, the staff were friendly, helpful and approachable. Room was comfortable with a modern, funky design and our room had a view of the Space Needle. Breakfast was good as was the choice. Only hiccup, was in the early hours of Saturday morning, we did hear some "loud talking" for about 20 minutes. Not sure if it was other guests of changeover of staff! After a day pounding the streets of Seattle, we were too tired to complain! Overall, a great weekend exploring Seattle. Would definitely stay at Hotel Five again :o)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

After readaing varied reviews on this hotel I decided to stay here anyway. Although there was some city noise that came through the windows this hotel was very modern and clean. You could see its a reno of an older hotel but really funky and not your usual stock standard boring business hotel which was refreshing. The rooms were extremely comfortable and bathrooms large and modern. The down town location was perfect both for my meetings and places like Pike Pl Mkts and the Space Needle area. Both less than five mins walk. I would stay here again. Also thanks for the upgrade.

Room Tip: I had a king room not sure what other rooms were like.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We got an amazing rate on booking.com I would have gladly have paid more. The service was perfect, the room spotless and the location the best I have ever stayed in Seattle. So close to everything.
I was a bit concerned with the monorail being right there but it does not run all night and even when we heard it in the morning it barely was noticeable.
The lobby is awesome, very stylish.
The halls and common area are well designed.
the room itself was a HUGE surprise. It was much better than I was expecting and pictures reflect exactly what you get. I ussually find that the pictures are never as nice, and in this case it was a perfect representation. I loved the floor which is a nice change from rug found in 99.9 percent of hotels, that alone made it feel cleaner. I really loved the bathroom, the vanity area was nice and the shower was big and roomy. Only thing we never had bath gel in the shower at all and it was never filled up....mind you did not request it to be filled up as honestly it is not that big of a deal for a two night stay plus I had other stuff with me. The bed was a little hard but nothing I could not bare.

I love the pops of colour and the addition of the chair which was very nice.

I can see how some people might compare it to Ikea as the only thing I could see being an issue in the future is the dresser and counter top area. I can see that getting beat up over a year or two, that being said it is probably an easy thing to fix and replace with new laminate.

Would I stay here again...Absolutely and I am already researching dates for another trip.

The location was great walking distance to everything, shopping, the market and the needle if you so choose (this time we did not go to the needle) and it is very close to the best restaurant in Seattle called Barolo.

Only reason I don't give it a 5 star is that for me a 5 star has to be something over the top.

Wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Apart from the poor wifi connection in the room (we used the computer and printer in the hall), everything was fine in this hotel...although the monorail passes just in front, we never heard it at night and never disturbed us! Room and bathroom were both very clean and comfortable, with contemporary art paintings; liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner (with dispensers in the shower) were excellent; a large, yellow umbrella at disposal in the room proved very useful at the end of our stay, when it rained all day!
The cafeteria serves a delicious breakfast, but no espresso coffee (for this we went to Top Pot Doughnuts just across the street!). Every evening, free coffee and cupcakes for all customers!
We walked to downtown, Pike Market, Waterfront, and the Space Needle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Five Seattle - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!