“Cheerful, Comfortable, Convenient, Clean and Cheap!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2140 N. Northgate Way, Seattle, WA 98133   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #59 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Pacific NW, USA
“Cheerful, Comfortable, Convenient, Clean and Cheap!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

What a nice surprise to find such a convenient hotel at a great rate, with all of the important amenities, that was also very clean. The reservation staff was kind and quick, taking into consideration several important personal needs and meeting all of them: room on the quietest side, close to the elevator, and with an adjoining room. So, it was a great delight to find all of that for just $85 on Friday & Saturday nights!
The room was also very nicely remodeled and had just what we needed. It had a very comfortable mattress and bedding, including both feather and foam pillows. The fridge was larger than most in-room types, as was the microwave. Everything else was normal hotel standards: coffee maker with free tea & coffee, cable TV, toiletries, etc. The free breakfast was a good surprise: hot waffles, hot eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, other pastries and hot/cold beverages. The food was higher quality than many chains with free breakfasts and the dining room staff paid good attention to cleanliness. This hotel was a really pleasant bargain.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent visit at the Hotel Nexus. I’m glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast offering, we truly take pride in ensuring that the quality of your food service is complementary to your room experience.

Additionally, we appreciate the kind words about our staff as it fuels our desire to continue to do our very best and improve our product and service level. We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to serving you again the next time you’re in Seattle, so on behalf of everyone here at Hotel Nexus, we wish you a wonderful holiday season.

Best regards, Jonathon Shea Assistant GM

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

First, and most egregiously, this is not a hotel - it's a motel. I would never have booked a room there if I had known this.
How many ways did this motel disappoint me? Not counting the really nit-picky stuff, like not having a towel rack by the sink, or the fact that the room gave me the creepy feeling that a "Criminal Minds" episode featuring a bludgeoned hooker could easily be set there:
It's non-smoking now, but the renovation didn't clear out the skanky old stale smoke smell. The refrigerator made a loud, obnoxious noise so that I had to unplug it for the sake of my sanity. I could hear my upstairs neighbor walking around and showering. The "shower gel" and "shampoo" in the dispenser were the same creamy green mystery fluid, and the touted curved shower rod led to a large puddle on the bathroom floor. There's no breakfast room service; the complementary breakfast is served in a very small room that is reminiscent of a school lunchroom and was far skimpier than Laurie S. describes.
Worst of all, the battery in my smoke detector failed at 3:00am. While someone did arrive quickly to replace the battery, all I got from the desk staff was a "Sorry about that," as if it happens all the time and it's just no big deal, rather than an uninvited assault on a decent night's sleep.
I've stayed at a number of perfectly lovely hotels in the Northwest, and this is the first time I've been so offended I was moved to write a review. When I got to my meeting they said, "Oh, we would have suggested the Hotel Deca." Live and learn.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Dear traveler,

Thank you for your recent visit and your comments. We always welcome feedback from our guests that will help us continue to improve and provide excellent service and comfort. I would like to apologize regarding your sleep interruption. I realize that we did fix it right away but your sleep was still disrupted. While those smoke detector devices are installed with your safety in mind, they are not meant to keep you from a good night’s rest. We do perform preventative maintenance on all of our guestrooms which includes changing out smoke detector batteries on a regularly scheduled basis but the battery in your room must have died earlier than expected. I also would like to apologize for any appliance noise or smoke smell you encountered. We try to follow up on all of our guests comments and invite additional direct feedback if at all possible. I know our staff and I would have done everything we could to have accommodated you if we had known about your dissatisfactions during your stay with us. We have heard from some of our guests that Hotel Nexus has a little bit of everything for the value conscious traveler yet we understand that there are many different expectation levels. We do believe that with our cereals, fruits, pastries and rotating menu of hot breakfast meats and eggs and our ever popular fresh waffles with strawberries, we have a delicious combination for our complimentary breakfast. My staff and I will get to work on all of your concerns and if you find yourself in Seattle again, we invite you to try one of our suites or our unique soaking tub rooms. Safe travels back to Portland! Tim Cordodor, General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The Japanese Hydrotherapy room got my attention. My wife and I like to splurge for jacuzzi-style hot tub rooms whenever we can and the price was right at Hotel Nexus ($116). However, the old adage "you get what you pay for" was in full force. It felt like a old motel trying to be cool and hip but not quite making it. The room was small and felt cave-like with it's low ceiling. The soaking tub easily accommodated two people and the water was hot, but the bubbles were not even close to the "hydrotherapy"of a jetted tub. The bed was great and the free breakfast was okay. Overall, it left us both a bit dissatisfied when compared to a newer Holiday Inn or Best Western.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear local traveler,

Thank you for your recent visit to try out our bubble tubs and your comments. Like you, we feel that, for the price, the Hotel Nexus offers great value to our travelers whether a suite for the family or a bubble tub room for the weekend getaway. I apologize that the hydrotherapy tub was not what you were looking for. One of the great comments we’ve received from our other guests is in regard to the hygienic nature of only circulating air and not water. Also, if I may interest you, since you enjoyed the bed and breakfast, we have larger spacious suite style rooms as well, some even with full kitchens. Once again thank you for your patronage and should you need a friendly hotel in the Northgate or Seattle areas. We’ll be here to serve you again. Safe travels to you. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager
Wrangell, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Simply a great hotel. The staff are friendly, courteous, and go out of their way to help guests with any problems. Beds are comfy, rooms are clean, service is prompt. The staff are great about remembering repeat customers and will jump through hoops to help them out. Ask for Johnathon if you need anything! A+++

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Seahawks Fan,
Happy birthday! So glad you found us and that you had such a fabulous time. Not every traveler realizes how much parking, breakfast, internet and other fees really start to add up at other hotels. In addition, you stayed in my favorite type of room. Many of our guests find our bubble tubs to be quite a relaxing experience. We agree that Saffron Grill is outstanding! Every dish has so much flavor that it is certainly a crowd pleaser, for even the most discerning pallets. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. It really means a lot to us here at Hotel Nexus. So until the next big game, safe travels to you and your family. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

When my husband bought me Seahawks tickets for my birthday, I immediately started looking for hotels close to the venue. I was shocked at how expensive hotels were AND how all of the hotels downtown charged $25+ for parking. I started looking into hotels with shuttles and I'm so thankful I found Hotel Nexus. We had an absolutely fabulous time! The staff were all so friendly. Free parking! Free internet! The shuttle was GREAT! I've had "hotel shuttle service" before (aka...say they will pick you up at a certain time and they are still not there 2 hours later), but Hotel Nexus exceeded our expectations. The free breakfast was great (waffles and even biscuits and gravy one morning!) When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to their spa suites for only $10! The tub was HUGE and it was well worth the few extra bucks. Finally, our first evening we ate at the Saffron Grill which is the restaurant associated with Hotel Nexus (I believe they even do room service!). It was hands down one of the top 5 meals we've ever experienced! All around great stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed here a night. Hotel was clean, neatly kept. Close to I-5 and the shuttle service is great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Following peoples ratings can be hard as it comes down to what you're used to in a hotel. If you're used to things being spotless, this is not the hotel for you. A water leak, upraised carpeting, patched walls and ceilings, grease all over the window, patched and repainted sections everywhere (including behind the front desk) is what welcomed us. The staff is young and 1 was more interested in texting than helping me. I will say however, that the location is good and the hotel was quiet. Room service was polite and fast. Shopping and a couple good restaurants are close by. Service can fluctuate everywhere you go, but I couldn't get past the patch jobs. Hate to be a snob, but I'm looking for spotless.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nexus Seattle? Share your experiences!