“Your basic hotel, but very nice and good value - especially for Seattle!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nexus Seattle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nexus Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Nexus Seattle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2140 N. Northgate Way, Seattle, WA 98133   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #63 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Aspen CO
“Your basic hotel, but very nice and good value - especially for Seattle!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There's nothing particularly new, fancy, or original about this hotel, but if you spend any time at all looking for hotel options for this section of town, you'll come to appreciate what a gem the Hotel Nexus is. Clean rooms, friendly staff, easy access to I-5, and there are shops and a mall within very easy walking distance for any of your needs.

Because the rooms do face the exterior of the building (with no interior hallways), you do get noise penetration; however, I didn't find it any worse than any hotel in an urban location. You're pretty safe from it unless an ambulance or firetruck goes by ... which would be the case most anywhere.

The concierge service I received from the front desk personnel was above my expectations. Again, very friendly and very helpful, and saved me money getting to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for an even-numbered room ... this puts you on the side of the building away from the main road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are glad you enjoy your stay at the Hotel Nexus!! We strive to provide excellent service and are happy to read that we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ive stayed here many times. Walking distance to North gate mall and right across the street from McDonalds and Starbucks if you like tho places. breakfast is good and staff is friendly. I always stay with my two small kiddos when we visit Seattle Children's and its only a few miles from here. Right by I-5

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus. We are glad you enjoy your visits here and we are very happy to be host to you and the kiddos when you are in the area... We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Anacortes, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the Nexxus 2 nights and received a very good rate that they offer for patients at UW Medical Center. Great I-5 access and free parking. We last stayed at this hotel over 20 years ago when it was Ramada. It has since been renovated. I am not a big fan of it's "retro" decor but was willing to overlook that for the rate and location. The hotel is clean, front desk staff is friendly. Great restaurant, Saffron Grill, is located in front of the hotel and I highly recommend.

The room itself was adequate. Flat screen TV was fine, bed was OK but sheets were not very good quality. We had problems with the toilet constantly running and the coffee maker was sluggish. One lounge chair in the room was not comfortable to use. The biggest issue was the walls are paper thin. You could hear conversations quite clearly As a light sleeper, this was a problem.
Their continental breakfast was in a very small room, inadequate for the number of people staying here, and the choices were pretty blah. Not enough fresh fruit.

I honestly don't know if I would stay here again. I would probably check out other properties first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to reduce freeway noise. Of course, you still have paper th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Nexus one night. Room was modern, obviously remodeled in last couple years, and was clean. Staff at front desk was very friendly and I liked that they had working computer with a printer in the lobby. I was able to pull up an email and print in with a couple minutes. Breakfast in the morning was okay, nothing exciting but can't complain it was free and eating area was clean. I was lucky to have a room with the unique hydrotherapy tub. It was a pretty cool 3 foot deep tub and I was surprised with the fast flowing, crazy hot water, that filled the tub fast considering how big it was (earth friendly, probably not). Location was pretty good, restaurants and lots of shopping very close and only a minute off I-5. I would of rated hotel 4 stars very good but I had a terrible night sleep because of the noise! I could hear traffic, people in the rooms above and beside, cars coming and going out front (it is a motel style with door opening to outside), alarms going off, and the heater in the room sounded like an airplane (and yes, I turned it off but got cold and was forced to turn it back on). Between the noise and the hot/cold all night I hardly slept and by morning I packed up and went to another hotel. Maybe it was bad luck and just a loud night.

Room Tip: I had room on first floor, back side and it was very loud. I can't imagine the front being any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are glad you have enjoyed the hydrotherapy tubs and that you found the staff friendly. I want to apologize that you found the hotel noisy. We do have several areas of the hotel that are more quite and would have been happy to accommodate a room move upon request. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another try in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Conveniently located 200 yds from highway I-5 but not noisy. Was visiting friends downtown and this was half the price of hotels in their area and only a 10 minute hop away. Seems to be a renovated motel that is now a very hip and student friendly place. Great updated in-room facilities include big desk, refrigerator and Microwave; Nice bathroom. Free Wi-Fi and a very helpful desk staff. They have a van that will take you downtown etc. if you ask them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for the Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and found the amenities and location a great fit and value. We look forward to having you return in the future should your travels bring you to the area again. Happy Holidays!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband I stayed at Hotel Nexus in July 2012 for a total of eight nights. As we scheduled this trip just a few days prior to arrival, the options for available hotels in Seattle were very slim. Other options included SeaTac, Everett & Bellevue hotel/motels. As we knew we would be house hunting within the Seattle metro area, we went with Hotel Nexus. The hotel is more of a motel – no frills with simple rooms. Check in went smoothly & the staff is great. We were given an accessible room, which was a bit larger than their regular room, but it was located on the first floor right by the staircase on the front side of the hotel. As the hotel was very full we didn’t try to get another room location, but I wish we had – the location was horrible. As we were right by the stairway door, we had to listen to it being slammed throughout the night, constantly waking us up. The bed was also too soft for our taste in this room – our backs were really hurting. We originally were scheduled to leave Seattle after five nights, but on the fifth day, my husband’s back was hurting so much that he collapsed to the floor. Long story short, there is a great ER right around the corner from the hotel – Northwest Hospital. Turns out my husband had herniated a few discs in his back & he could not fly for a few more days. As we were scheduled to check out the next day (& it was still cruise season with limited room availability) the hotel scrambled & found us another room (there had been a cancellation). The next day we checked out of room one & moved to a room on the second floor, located on the front side of the hotel, to the right of the lobby. This location was SO MUCH BETTER! The room was smaller, but quiet & there were two double beds which were much more firm than the king bed in the other. We both finally got some much needed sleep & we ended up finding a house the very next day! While I’m not sure I would choose this hotel again, the staff members that we dealt with were all great! They really came thru with the second room for our extended stay. Not one person was every rude & they always smiled – even at 2am. The bathrooms were adequate – never ran out of hot water & the TVs worked. The wireless was sporadic – we received a much better signal in our second room than in our first. The breakfast was ok – eggs, breads, juices, cereal, coffee, etc. We always found something to hold us over for a while. If I ever needed to stay at this hotel again, I will make sure to request a room far away from the slamming stairway door.

Room Tip: Request a room far a way from the stairwells
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel Nexus. We value honest feedback from all of our guests. Summer in Seattle can get a bit crazy when looking for hotel accommodations and we are glad you found us.
I hope your husband’s back is making a recovery and that you are enjoying your new home in the Seattle area.
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

WHY YOU'D STAY HERE:

You're right off of I-5, it costs about half as much as a hotel downtown, it includes breakfast, there is a cool aquarium in the lobby, it has HBO, it has a mini-fridge and a microwave, wi-fi is included. There are restaurants and services within walking distance, a shuttle will take you downtown about every 2 hours, it's near the Northgate Mall. Free parking

WHY YOU'D STAY ELSEWHERE:

Thin walls, breakfast scene might be a little chaotic for some (particularly travelers not used to all that goes with small children "eating" breakfast) mini fridge seems like a good idea but it's really noisy, heater/blower easily overshoots comfort zone.

BOTTOM LINE:

Once again, you get what you pay for. The Hotel Nexus isn't luxurious by any stretch, but it has a lot of amenities, a pretty convenient location if you need to be in North Seattle or even downtown, and it is very reasonably priced. Seems like a no-brainer for a budget-minded traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest and thorough review of Hotel Nexus. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found value in the property and location. We try hard to provide travelers with a great place to stay in a convenient location... while still offering all the amenities you would get in a hotel downtown at a much higher rate. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon...

Been to Hotel Nexus Seattle? Share your experiences!