“Good location, very nice staff, good room, clean but NOISY!!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Nexus Seattle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2140 N. Northgate Way, Seattle, WA 98133   |
Ranked #60 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good location, very nice staff, good room, clean but NOISY!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Nexus one night. Room was modern, obviously remodeled in last couple years, and was clean. Staff at front desk was very friendly and I liked that they had working computer with a printer in the lobby. I was able to pull up an email and print in with a couple minutes. Breakfast in the morning was okay, nothing exciting but can't complain it was free and eating area was clean. I was lucky to have a room with the unique hydrotherapy tub. It was a pretty cool 3 foot deep tub and I was surprised with the fast flowing, crazy hot water, that filled the tub fast considering how big it was (earth friendly, probably not). Location was pretty good, restaurants and lots of shopping very close and only a minute off I-5. I would of rated hotel 4 stars very good but I had a terrible night sleep because of the noise! I could hear traffic, people in the rooms above and beside, cars coming and going out front (it is a motel style with door opening to outside), alarms going off, and the heater in the room sounded like an airplane (and yes, I turned it off but got cold and was forced to turn it back on). Between the noise and the hot/cold all night I hardly slept and by morning I packed up and went to another hotel. Maybe it was bad luck and just a loud night.

Room Tip: I had room on first floor, back side and it was very loud. I can't imagine the front being any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are glad you have enjoyed the hydrotherapy tubs and that you found the staff friendly. I want to apologize that you found the hotel noisy. We do have several areas of the hotel that are more quite and would have been happy to accommodate a room move upon request. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another try in the future.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Conveniently located 200 yds from highway I-5 but not noisy. Was visiting friends downtown and this was half the price of hotels in their area and only a 10 minute hop away. Seems to be a renovated motel that is now a very hip and student friendly place. Great updated in-room facilities include big desk, refrigerator and Microwave; Nice bathroom. Free Wi-Fi and a very helpful desk staff. They have a van that will take you downtown etc. if you ask them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for the Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and found the amenities and location a great fit and value. We look forward to having you return in the future should your travels bring you to the area again. Happy Holidays!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband I stayed at Hotel Nexus in July 2012 for a total of eight nights. As we scheduled this trip just a few days prior to arrival, the options for available hotels in Seattle were very slim. Other options included SeaTac, Everett & Bellevue hotel/motels. As we knew we would be house hunting within the Seattle metro area, we went with Hotel Nexus. The hotel is more of a motel – no frills with simple rooms. Check in went smoothly & the staff is great. We were given an accessible room, which was a bit larger than their regular room, but it was located on the first floor right by the staircase on the front side of the hotel. As the hotel was very full we didn’t try to get another room location, but I wish we had – the location was horrible. As we were right by the stairway door, we had to listen to it being slammed throughout the night, constantly waking us up. The bed was also too soft for our taste in this room – our backs were really hurting. We originally were scheduled to leave Seattle after five nights, but on the fifth day, my husband’s back was hurting so much that he collapsed to the floor. Long story short, there is a great ER right around the corner from the hotel – Northwest Hospital. Turns out my husband had herniated a few discs in his back & he could not fly for a few more days. As we were scheduled to check out the next day (& it was still cruise season with limited room availability) the hotel scrambled & found us another room (there had been a cancellation). The next day we checked out of room one & moved to a room on the second floor, located on the front side of the hotel, to the right of the lobby. This location was SO MUCH BETTER! The room was smaller, but quiet & there were two double beds which were much more firm than the king bed in the other. We both finally got some much needed sleep & we ended up finding a house the very next day! While I’m not sure I would choose this hotel again, the staff members that we dealt with were all great! They really came thru with the second room for our extended stay. Not one person was every rude & they always smiled – even at 2am. The bathrooms were adequate – never ran out of hot water & the TVs worked. The wireless was sporadic – we received a much better signal in our second room than in our first. The breakfast was ok – eggs, breads, juices, cereal, coffee, etc. We always found something to hold us over for a while. If I ever needed to stay at this hotel again, I will make sure to request a room far away from the slamming stairway door.

Room Tip: Request a room far a way from the stairwells
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel Nexus. We value honest feedback from all of our guests. Summer in Seattle can get a bit crazy when looking for hotel accommodations and we are glad you found us.
I hope your husband’s back is making a recovery and that you are enjoying your new home in the Seattle area.
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

WHY YOU'D STAY HERE:

You're right off of I-5, it costs about half as much as a hotel downtown, it includes breakfast, there is a cool aquarium in the lobby, it has HBO, it has a mini-fridge and a microwave, wi-fi is included. There are restaurants and services within walking distance, a shuttle will take you downtown about every 2 hours, it's near the Northgate Mall. Free parking

WHY YOU'D STAY ELSEWHERE:

Thin walls, breakfast scene might be a little chaotic for some (particularly travelers not used to all that goes with small children "eating" breakfast) mini fridge seems like a good idea but it's really noisy, heater/blower easily overshoots comfort zone.

BOTTOM LINE:

Once again, you get what you pay for. The Hotel Nexus isn't luxurious by any stretch, but it has a lot of amenities, a pretty convenient location if you need to be in North Seattle or even downtown, and it is very reasonably priced. Seems like a no-brainer for a budget-minded traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest and thorough review of Hotel Nexus. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found value in the property and location. We try hard to provide travelers with a great place to stay in a convenient location... while still offering all the amenities you would get in a hotel downtown at a much higher rate. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon...
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Nexus four different nights and have not been disappointed! The staff was so helpful and always willing to go the extra mile when asked. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for being a repeat visitor to the Hotel Nexus and thank you for the kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Big Bear
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a really good rate. The rooms was more than adequate and had a nice fridge and microwave. The hotel was very accommodating of our two dogs. The staff was friendly and helpful, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Hotel Nexus. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and were able to bring your furry family members. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Davis, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at Nexus because we were visiting in North Seattle. The location gives easy access to the freeway and to Carkeek park on the Sound. The person at the desk was very friendly and helpful, allowed us to check in early, and obliged our request for a quiet room on the end away from the freeway.
Our room was a business king with a built-in desk rather than a table and a fridge more than big enough to hold a couple of 2-liter soda bottles. We found the bed too soft, but its plushiness might be what some would like. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which had a good selection and plenty of tables at the time we went.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side, away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location and that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to North Seattle.

Been to Hotel Nexus Seattle? Share your experiences!