“What a Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bacon Mansion

You added Bacon Mansion to your Saves list
Bacon Mansion
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   959 Broadway E, Seattle, WA 98102 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Ranked #14 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

A quaint, well appointed and friendly B&B in a great location with easy access to downtown Seattle. Great hosts, friendly breakfast table meeting with other house guests. Thanks to Darren and Darryl from your downunder visitors.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a lovely choice for Seattle. It's not far from downtown but you are in the middle of one Seattle's most beautiful neighborhoods with Volunteer Park and lots of dining options nearby. We stayed in the Venetian Room on the second floor. It's large and comfortable with a very comfortable bed and a nice size bathroom. The whole house is beautifully restored and renovated. Our flight got in late at night so our hosts left a note on the door for us with instructions on where to find the key and our room. A continental breakfast is served with delicious muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt and excellent coffee. We would happily return in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed 11/5/13 at Bacon Mansion. We were about to check in at a chain hotel right by the space needle. I thought a B&B would be to far out of the way and I was tired. I looked at the room we were about to call home for the night and took my phone and called Bacon Mansion. I said do you have room I was told yes I said I am on the way.. Boy am I glad I did. The property is in a great location, rooms are awesome, Inn Keeper is AWESOME. We will be back on our next trip to the Emerald City. Oh did I mention they have parking and it is a safe neighborhood, Walking distance to food and shopping. This is also a place just like home and not sterile, noisy..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Bacon Mansion for work a few times, and in October 2013 did so again with my longtime life partner and also got married there. Beautiful multi-story home with themed rooms - ours was The Clipper - and our host Daryl welcomed us every morning with a warm smile, wonderful coffee and tea, fruit and juice, and fresh-from-the-oven muffins. Daryl is a fountain of knowledge about things to do in Seattle, which he enthusiastically shares with his guests. A definite must-stay in Seattle that we'll definitely check out again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
A small town in Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Friendly owner and staff. Rooms are diverse and all very nice. I have stayed five times in different rooms. Easy walk to Broadway and food and fun. Lighter Breakfast. Be sure to check out the different rooms for bed size and amenities before you book- or call.

• Stayed September 2013
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found the Bacon Mansion to be very pleasant, very clean and a great location. The décor is beautiful. Parking was not a problem in this neighborhood, but we were driving a very small car. The neighborhood was very quiet during our 5 days there. The Asian Art Museum was a great find and we probably would not have found it if it had not been so close by. The lookout from the top of the water tower in Volunteer Park was splendid.

The service was great from the moment we arrived to the day we left. The breakfast is (as many others have pointed out), very tasty, but minimal. Yogurt with fresh fruit, granola and cereal is not enough from a B&B. The homemade muffins (they were not store bought) were delicious, but that still does not constitute a full breakfast. Now everyone is different, but breakfast was served from 8:30-9:30am. That is too late for us. We like to get an early start to the day so we can accomplish things and beat the crowds. Nonetheless, we adjusted.

My suggestion would be that they should have a computer station available for people to use for small limited amounts of time. Every B&B we've been at in the past 15 years has always had computer access so that one can check email and do an online check-in with the airlines.

Please do not take this has harsh criticism. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Venice, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with a friend and we were accommodated with two beds -- the room was lovely, clean and well appointed. The hosts were extremely helpful, with maps, directions and advice. THe common areas were very beautiful and the location is great. All in all, I highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs, near a common coffee area - I was afraid it would be too noisy for me, but it...