“nice and... noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rome, Italy
“nice and... noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

we stayed at the georgetown inn last month for a couple of nights: we found it clean, and enjoyed the courtesy of the personnel and a plentiful continental (and complimentary) breakfast despite low price

it lies not exactly in the city centre, but it's easy to get to downtown simply catching the 124 bus line, just a few steps away

unfortunately, our window was overlooking a metals recycling depot beyond the courtyard, and it was REALLY noisy through the day

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for the first time the other day. The room was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. They also provide a very nice continental breakfast.

The inn is the perfect distance from the airport and downtown seattle. It's also located in a quaint little part of seattle which has been said to be one of the oldest neighborhoods. It has lots to offer when it comes to things such as food, coffee and breweries!

We will definitely stay here the next time passing through and will recommend it to all traveling friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The large, clean rooms were comfortable and inviting. The sttaff was nice, patiently answering our questions about the area. We liked that there was secure parking - there were cameras located throughout the parking area. Even though it was full, it was quiet. We could have been the only ones staying there! The drive to Safeco Field was easy and took just a few minutes. The price was unbelievable, especially for summer rates! We will be back.

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here the last week of June and then again one night upon our return to Seattle and I'd have to say that overall, the hotel is a decent value. We had a small kitchenette that we used once which included a microwave, small fridge, sink and cooktop, but no oven. The room (301) was clean and appeared up to date in decor. Internet service was good & parking is free. The upside to this hotel is the price/value and being close to downtown and the freeway . On the downside, it's in a light industrial/business area, with a scrap recycling center next store, and there isn't much in the way of restaurants nearby.
Breakfast consists of toast, cereal and fruit (apples & bananas). The front desk lady was helpful and there is a free washer/dryer available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front road (Corson Ave).
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay in 10 days at the hotel. We have been impressed with the location, cleanliness and attention to detail. It's a very great value for the price. If I was coming to Seattle again, this will always be my choice for a place to stay. As the reviews say, it is at a fairly noisy intersection but that didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed June 2013
Van, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After reading all the bad reviews, I was needlessly worried. It was a nice place. Clean & comfortable and the staff was very friendly & helpful. I was disappointed that there was no microwave in the room. I didn't have a car & had to walk 4 blocks to the nearest place to eat (Arby's). I was just slightly nervous as it wasn't the best neighborhood. One other thing. I read a lot of reviews praising the continental breakfast. That was a let down. It had the basics: something toastable, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee. Nothing special. But overall, I was quite happy with the place. I would stay there again & would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: It's hard to rate these catagories as I only had one room and nothing to compare it too. I don...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattlehotel, Concerned Citizen at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello world! I would like to clarify a couple things brought up in this review: We are ranked in the top 25% of Seattle (City Limits) hotels. We have 89 reviews rated “Very Good” or “Excellent” and 6 rated “Poor” or terrible”. Also, the bad reviews are all from before June of 2010 when previous management was in place. Just Sayin’. Additionally, we have no less than 25 restaurants closer than Arby’s, (BTW, I would walk 100 miles to avoid an Arby’s) serving a variety of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarian, 24 Hour Diner, and Pub Food. We prefer not to have microwaves in the rooms as the hotel would soon start smelling like reheated pizza and popcorn. We do provide a microwave in the common area for your convenience and we also have 8 rooms available with kitchenettes available at your request. Webster’s definition of Continental Breakfast: “A light breakfast, as of rolls or toast and coffee.”. We offer that and a bit more. We are located 4 miles from downtown Seattle and our rates run about $50. to $200. less than other hotels in the city. Free parking too…Thanks for reading… Have a Great Summer! Cheers! Ps. My wife told me not to post this…I just could not help myself.

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!