“It's clean neat and nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Hugs!
Ranked #19 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Saint Helens, Oregon
“It's clean neat and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a wonderful clean comfortable hotel within easy reach ( without getting on the Freeway jam) to downtown. however it is in a kinda ghetto location but for Seattle you can't bet the price and it was very comfortable and clean and pretty

Room Tip: Don't hang around after dark outside although everyone hanging outside was pleasant just really...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Corpus Christi, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, and the price was right for Seattle. We had a kitchenette and it was equipped for only very light cooking, understandably. Parking was cramped, but the biggest problem with this hotel was the noise. Our room, on a corner with two windows, may have been worse than others, but a very busy street on one side and Boeing Field airport nearby interrupted a sound night's sleep more than once.

Room Tip: The hotel is "L" shaped--a room on the inside of the L away from the street might be quiet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Clean, Comfortable, Great Price, Quiet... Pick any 3...But seriously. We are well within the city limits and only 3 miles from downtown Seattle so you should expect a city environment. We are far from an island resort. Boeing field is a nearby municipal airport so very light traffic at night if any. You will however get the occasional Harley cruising by late at night but we call that “Flavor”… Thanks for staying. Cheers! Rich
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Tried several different motels in Seattle and this one was the best value and the service was very nice! It was very easy to access from Seattle and had some nice restaurants close by. The industrial area vibe was actually kind of neat. The desk people were very helpful!,

Room Tip: Upper level rooms were nice, on the north side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Burnet, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Georgetown Inn got my Pacific Northwest road trip off to a great start. I received much more than I expected, especially for the rate I paid. I was at the hotel for two nights. The hotel manager was outstanding. Thank you, Richard, for your help, consideration, and genuine caring attitude. I received better customer service at Georgetown Inn than at some well-known resorts I’ve visited! The front desk clerk that checked me in had a great sense of humor and a kind spirit. Everything I asked was answered pleasantly. Recommendation for a local restaurant, within walking distance, was spot on. I appreciated the honest reviews about closer restaurants that weren’t so good…I avoided them. I am a solo female traveler (of a certain age) and I felt safe in the neighborhood. By the way, any complaints that have been posted about the recycling plant behind the hotel are greatly exaggerated. I could hear them working during the day, but they stop at 5 pm. What I heard during working hours was not obtrusive. The noise didn’t even prevent my taking a nap in the afternoon.

Kudos for nice linens on the bed. Not only were they good quality, they were pristinely clean and fresh-smelling. The duvet-covered comforter was pure white and couldn’t have been cleaner if I’d washed it myself. The pillows and mattress were delightful. It’s nice to see three big, plump pillows on a queen-sized bed.

The pure white bathroom towels were good quality, spotless, and fresh smelling…an important feature for me. The toiletries provided were very nice. The added touch of individually wrapped mints on the toiletries tray was a pleasant surprise. Both the bathroom and the bedroom were spotlessly clean. I commend the staff on their diligent cleaning efforts.

The continental breakfast was standard, with a couple of nice extras. There was raisin bread for toast (very thoughtful), and the coffee was outstanding. There was no need to go to that famous (and expensive) Seattle coffee store, immediately across the street. The fruit on the buffet was perfectly ripe and delicious. It was obvious that management would like to provide a better breakfast, but there just isn’t room.

A couple of minor disappointments: the wifi connection was slow and/or intermittent during times of heavy usage. The hotel is an older building and the plumbing can be noisy at times. The furniture is a bit worn around the edges. As the hotel is located at a busy corner, there is some noise from daytime and early evening traffic; however, when I was ready to sleep, it wasn’t bothersome at all.

All in all, you can’t ask for a better hotel in this price range. I would gladly have paid an additional $15-20 a night for the quality room and exceptional customer care I received at Georgetown Inn. I would have rated this a "perfect 5," had it not been for the wifi snafu and the plumbing noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’d like to tell you an interesting story. This morning I received a phone call ~ I receive dozens ~ from a company telling me that they can help me manage my “online reputation”. There are actually people with multiple degrees and training in things like “social semantic search”. They tell me they can “manage” my reputation by removing negative reviews from websites on which guests have shared their experience. Think about it. These companies go to great lengths to marginalize people’s actual experience. This sounds similar to doctors prescribing medicine to mask the pain rather than searching for root causes. Why not simply prevent the negative reviews in the first place? I believe our time is best spent taking care of our team so they can take better care of our guests. I would prefer to spend our resources on improving our hotel in areas that will have a direct and meaningful impact on our guests. Not on consultants telling me how to “manage” my guest’s opinions. I think we tend over think things sometimes. I prefer to keep it simple. A warm welcome, a comfortable bed, a simple breakfast, good coffee and along the way, if we’re lucky, we may make a few friends. If you notice our work, great. If not, that’s cool too. We’re here for you if you need anything. Thank you again for staying and please let me know if there is anything I can do to be of service. Cheers! Rich
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Flew out to Seattle for a long weekend - brother's birthday. Traveled with my two sons, 11 & 18, and my mother stayed with us. Prices very good, even with 4 of us. Other places charged more for more folks.
. Please note that this hotel is 10 minutes away from SeaTac, and close to downtown. I picked up my mother around midnight, and it was not a problem. I had looked at other places to stay and I was concerned that I might be far away from everything. I went to Federal Way before I went to the hotel, and on the way back to Seattle, passed some of the other hotels I had considered. I was very happy to note that Georgetown Inn was closer to where I wanted to be, cheaper, and very easy to find. You take the exit and it is right down the block. I was one exit away from my brother, which came in handy the night we had to get back to watch The Walking Dead.
We had a room with two queen sized beds and a refrigerator. While we were there, we watched a building across the street get a new roof. We were across the street from the gas station, and we WERE NOT bothered by traffic noise. We slept very well. I emailed the hotel before arriving to find out if they served waffles for breakfast, and I was very pleased to receive an answer back. Sadly, it was no, but breakfast was fine. I had hoped to meet Richard, the manager, but we were never in the hotel at the right time.
The hotel has a little workout area, and it has a washer and dryer available. (Didn't use either, but I believe the washer was free!) The hotel had wi-fi so everybody happily used their devices.
Again, free parking was a definite savings. I looked at other hotels, and parking added at least $10 a night. I parked right by the front door every night but one, so no problems there.
The staff was great - my mother needed to wrap a present and they came up with tape, scissors, and WRAPPING PAPER! I mean, come on! who would think!
We came in at all different times and staff was great. The room was fine. I got what I was looking for at a great price. I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
You are too kind! I am so sorry I missed you... It takes a kind and generous soul to take time to out of your busy day to write a thoughtful review like that. We wish your and you family all the best. Please stop in and see us again. Cheers! Rich
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just wanted to take the time to let folks know about the nice folks and great value of the Georgetown inn! We were traveling on business to Seattle and didn't want to stay in the noisy downtown area. We rolled in the door late and exhausted, the staff was very helpful in finding us a room and making sure we were comfortable. It was very much appreciated as we were quite weary from the road. The GM at the Georgetown inn, Richard, is a great guy- super nice and makes an amazing cup of coffee (with blue agave nectar)! He suggested many great places to eat locally and we were very grateful!

We also left a few things by accident- Richard and the staff were kind enough to catch up with us to let us know. We were able to come back and pick up our belongings-THANK YOU RICHARD!!

I would recommend The Georgetown Inn WITHOUT any reservations at all!! Great place!

We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Enjoy your stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hot doggie! I'm sending that review to my Momma...I'm so happy you enjoyed the Blue Agave Nectar. I must say though that I prefer my Agave distilled and aged in oak barrels...Be sure to come back this summer for the Sub Pop Records 25th Silver Jubilee concert right here in Georgetown...The joint will definitely be jumpin’. Cheers! Rich
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Perfect place to stay, close to the city. Great value. Very helpful and freindly staff. Really clean rooms, has everything you need, very comfortable beds. Great neighborhood, close to restauraunts and night life.Also free parking, I highly recommend staying here instead of downtown seattle (too noisy). The staff was very helpful with giving directions and recommendations for places to eat. Gorgetown Inn made us feel comfortable and welcomed and it is the only place we will stay when we visit Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you Evan! We so enjoyed meeting you two and look forward to seeing you again this Summer... Cheers!

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!