“Great value, great location, will return” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Hugs!
Ranked #19 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
new jersey
“Great value, great location, will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Flew out to Seattle for a long weekend - brother's birthday. Traveled with my two sons, 11 & 18, and my mother stayed with us. Prices very good, even with 4 of us. Other places charged more for more folks.
. Please note that this hotel is 10 minutes away from SeaTac, and close to downtown. I picked up my mother around midnight, and it was not a problem. I had looked at other places to stay and I was concerned that I might be far away from everything. I went to Federal Way before I went to the hotel, and on the way back to Seattle, passed some of the other hotels I had considered. I was very happy to note that Georgetown Inn was closer to where I wanted to be, cheaper, and very easy to find. You take the exit and it is right down the block. I was one exit away from my brother, which came in handy the night we had to get back to watch The Walking Dead.
We had a room with two queen sized beds and a refrigerator. While we were there, we watched a building across the street get a new roof. We were across the street from the gas station, and we WERE NOT bothered by traffic noise. We slept very well. I emailed the hotel before arriving to find out if they served waffles for breakfast, and I was very pleased to receive an answer back. Sadly, it was no, but breakfast was fine. I had hoped to meet Richard, the manager, but we were never in the hotel at the right time.
The hotel has a little workout area, and it has a washer and dryer available. (Didn't use either, but I believe the washer was free!) The hotel had wi-fi so everybody happily used their devices.
Again, free parking was a definite savings. I looked at other hotels, and parking added at least $10 a night. I parked right by the front door every night but one, so no problems there.
The staff was great - my mother needed to wrap a present and they came up with tape, scissors, and WRAPPING PAPER! I mean, come on! who would think!
We came in at all different times and staff was great. The room was fine. I got what I was looking for at a great price. I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
You are too kind! I am so sorry I missed you... It takes a kind and generous soul to take time to out of your busy day to write a thoughtful review like that. We wish your and you family all the best. Please stop in and see us again. Cheers! Rich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just wanted to take the time to let folks know about the nice folks and great value of the Georgetown inn! We were traveling on business to Seattle and didn't want to stay in the noisy downtown area. We rolled in the door late and exhausted, the staff was very helpful in finding us a room and making sure we were comfortable. It was very much appreciated as we were quite weary from the road. The GM at the Georgetown inn, Richard, is a great guy- super nice and makes an amazing cup of coffee (with blue agave nectar)! He suggested many great places to eat locally and we were very grateful!

We also left a few things by accident- Richard and the staff were kind enough to catch up with us to let us know. We were able to come back and pick up our belongings-THANK YOU RICHARD!!

I would recommend The Georgetown Inn WITHOUT any reservations at all!! Great place!

We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Enjoy your stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hot doggie! I'm sending that review to my Momma...I'm so happy you enjoyed the Blue Agave Nectar. I must say though that I prefer my Agave distilled and aged in oak barrels...Be sure to come back this summer for the Sub Pop Records 25th Silver Jubilee concert right here in Georgetown...The joint will definitely be jumpin’. Cheers! Rich
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Perfect place to stay, close to the city. Great value. Very helpful and freindly staff. Really clean rooms, has everything you need, very comfortable beds. Great neighborhood, close to restauraunts and night life.Also free parking, I highly recommend staying here instead of downtown seattle (too noisy). The staff was very helpful with giving directions and recommendations for places to eat. Gorgetown Inn made us feel comfortable and welcomed and it is the only place we will stay when we visit Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you Evan! We so enjoyed meeting you two and look forward to seeing you again this Summer... Cheers!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Originally I had booked this hotel after 3 hours of searching, due to their complimentary parking & breakfast. My boyfriend & I were in Seattle for a few nights & wanted to do a lot of sightseeing & such. Great location if you own a car, quite a short distance to city centre. Many thank you's to Rich for showing us the faster route on getting to downtown as we used that route more than 3-4 times.

The first nice surprise we received was during check-in when a gentleman at the desk informed us that hotel manager had upgraded our queen bed to king bed with jet tub. He had switched rooms after someone complained to him of the size of their king room. (I, on the contrary, have absolutely nothing negative to say about king room with jet tub). That room upgrade in itself, meant a lot to us, because we ended up having more romantic time than initially hoped for. Big smile goes out to Rich again, for the upgrade.

Our room was facing the noisy side of the street, however I rarely opened the window, and the noise was redused to bare minimum, its like there was no traffic at all.

The hotel was extremely clean and smelled very fresh. I appreciated crispy white linens as that told me that shower curtain & towels & bed linens were regularly cleaned to high standards.

The breakfast (if you go down before 9 am) was really tasty. Big assortment of muffins, breads, jams, and cereals. They even offered 3 kinds of sweeteners for those with different dietary needs. I am not diebetic but I do not use regular sugar as much, prefer honey as a sweetener, which was also readily available. Just simple but great selection for a quick & tasty breakfast.

We enjoyed our stay so much, that we ended up staying third, additional night. We had requested our room to be cleaned, as on the third night we were running out of clean towels (we reused our towels for better environment, the last two nights) and came back to a spotless room with bedding & towels replaced, and everything very clean.

I think overall, we really enjoyed our stay as we came in without any special expectations & left very refreshed & happy. We will be going on a roadtrip in the summer with one more couple, and I will be booking our stay at Georgetown Inn. Great quality, great stay, super nice customer service. Many thanks to Rich & his team for being so nice and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you! Your words make me all tingly inside...Please let me know when you are coming back...We would like to show our appreciation... Cheers!
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Georgetown Inn for two nights and loved it. No problems. Clean, moderately priced, with friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for an unpretentious place to stay in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Helix, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night here for a birthday trip to Seattle. I found the inn on Tripadvisor and we were both very pleased. The room was clean, modern and comfortable (my priorities) and the price was very good and the parking free (my husband's priorities.) We will return. The staff was friendly and helpful. They recommended three or four restaurants in the area and were right about the two places we visited. The breakfast was a bit simple (toast, muffins, cold cereal), but the coffee was outstanding (it is Seattle!) I would have liked to see some fresh fruit and/or yogurt, but it could have been there earlier. We did get there toward the end. They did have soy milk which is the first time I've seen this and it was appreciated.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi Nancy, thanks you so much for the outstanding review! Please come back soon… We miss you already… Cheers! Rich & the team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

George Town Inn and the staff - Richard, Trihny, and Tony -greeted us with smiles and very helpful service. Being our first time in Seattle we had a little trepidation of this big city but after meeting these guys we were given a feeling of being amongst friends. Helping us with directions, places to eat, and friendly conversation,

The Rooms were excellent - clean, all the needed essentials, plenty of space, view of the City.

Hey come and check the George Town Inn out and see for yourself.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!