“Very friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Miami
“Very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and felt welcomed as soon as the valet opened our car door. There was a small wait at the front desk, but the staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Our room (king bed) was good-sized with a large bathroom. The decor was quirky but cool and seemed to fit with the city. The bed was comfortable with high quality linens, We'll stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Georgetown Inn of Seattle is very clean, safe, and perfectly located for my occasional visits to Seattle. The best part of the stay, though, was the staff, each of whom welcomed me warmly, looked after my incidental needs with a smile, and brewed terrific coffee. The maid service was excellent and the maid came to clean my room also with a very warm smile. Overall, a very good value and a very pleasant place to stay..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for the kind words...We love it when guests share their complaints with us directly and shout their love for us from mountain tops...We look forward to having you stay with us again ~ Cheers!
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nothing special about this hotel. It looks like a Super 8 that was privately purchased. It was clean and a place to sleep but nothing else. The toiletries were very cheap (I don't expect much from a hotel, but these were worse than most) and there was no blow dryer in the room. There was also a large gouge out of the toilet seat which looked tacky, cheap and unclean. The air conditioner/heater did not have a thermostat, only an on/off, so it was very hard to control the temperature in the room. It also smelled slightly musty. The area itself has a few restaurants and bars within a few blocks, but overall, not an area in Seattle I would consider visiting again...my boyfriend and I frequent Seattle so we stayed here to check out the Georgetown area. It is a pretty run down area, but we did walk to a nice pizza place that was about 3 blocks away and also encountered a couple of ok bars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hey Melissa, we are pleased that you found us a clean place to sleep and we apologize if you felt we misrepresented our humble little hotel as something more than that. We have been in a constant state of improvement since I took over as GM in 2011 and you may be able to see that trend in our reviews. We simply have not “gotten” to room 308 yet. I just ran up there and installed a new seat and blow dryer. Although the AC/ Heater does in fact have a temp control in can be difficult to dial it in exactly. We are in the process on changing out the old and installing new units ~ at $650. each it’s a slow process. As for the neighborhood it is not run down and much as on the mend. 10 years ago it was run down. Georgetown is continuing to go through a resurgence with restaurants, pubs, artist studios, art walks music festivals etc. The Corson Building is one of the best restaurants in Seattle. Check out this article form the NY Times… http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/travel/01Surfacing.html?_r=0. Again, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. It is not our goal to pretend we are something that we are not. Cheap, clean, kind, caring, thoughtful and 3 miles from downtown. No more, no less. We’ll keep improving and keep grooving and hope the next review is always better than the last. Thank you and Cheers! Rich
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had some friends and family in from out of town for a Seahawks game recently and I couldn't find a decent place to stay for the life of me until I happened upon the Georgetown Inn. Everything else was either booked up, a complete dump, or along the lines of hotel 1000, the W etc (really expensive)
This place was clean, the prices are great, the people go out of their way to accomidate you, it's close enough to down town, and the rooms are really comfortable. If you are looking for something reasonably priced and you should absolutely check these guys out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked this hotel because of the good trip advisor reviews...which i dont totally agree with. My room faced out towards the very noisy street. Spacious king room but no frills. Front desk person nice, breakfast very average and area a bit sketchy. Super noisy bathroom fan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hey, thanks sharing… I believe we “upgraded” you to a King but I guess it wasn’t for the best. Please accept my apologies. In speaking with guests that have posted reviews for us it is with a sense of overall value that we receive such kind compliments and not because we’re actually the 23rd best hotel in Seattle. If we were charging $150-$300 per night I’m sure we would perform to the standard you expected. I am sorry too that you thought there may be “Frills” here at the Georgetown Inn. To all those considering a stay with us let me be crystal clear. About $85 a night, 3 miles from Downtown, Artsy ~ Pub filled neighborhood, free parking, free Wi-Fi, free Continental breakfast, new beds, fluffy comforters, great staff but definitely NO FRILLS… So don’t even ask! Cheers!
Nanaimo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Georgetown Inn for two nights in September. Rooms were clean ànd comfortable and the service was friendly. Overall very good value! The location is handy right off of the I5 and only a 10 minute or so drive into the city. If you prefer avoiding the interstate you can go straight down 4th which takes you right by the stadiums and their is also bus service close by. There are several restaurants and pubs within easy walking distance - especially on the main strip (Airport Way). A 24 hour diner - the square knot - was surprisingly good.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevators. A quest there mentioned that he heard the dinging all night long
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello and thank you for the kind words~ I'm happy to hear you took the time to check out the neighborhood. We do love the Square Knot! I’m usually there around 3:00am after insuring all the pubs in Georgetown are keeping their beer at the right temperature. Thanks for staying and Cheers!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I would agree with the other reviewers that there's nothing to keep you away from the Georgetown inn. I think it is the cheapest hotel in the area. The only other one is 'the Grove' (see my other review) and it only costs a bit more, but it is closer in. The only problem I had was getting to the inn which is located at the end of Michigan street. I was heading east and failed to turn left to get to the hotel and ended up south bound on I5 for a couple of minutes before I could turn around. And if you love Harbor Freight Tools, they got one just across the street!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the kind words… I read your other reviews and it is clear you are simply a kind person in general. I believe some people use these review sites to blow off steam or take out their frustrations on anyone they crossed paths with. You seem look for and find the good in the world and. I also think that when we do look for the good we tend to find it, or it finds us. Heck, if you read our reviews we were actually compared to the Ritz ~ I would agree we are “not the Ritz”, if you want the Ritz, stay at the Ritz. If you want to save about $400. per night you could stay with us. We are a simple, warm, clean, comfortable place to stay with genuinely nice people on our staff. Your kindness is appreciated. We hope to see you again down the road. Cheers! Rich

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!