“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The motel is close to almost everything that you wish to visit in seattle. (Approx 15 mins to space needle and 5 mins to beth's cafe). The room is big enough for 5 guests and its not expensive at all... basic amenities are available and the muffins were good. Overall experience was average. I would love to stay there if i will visit seattle again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is the title given by M. The room was spacious, bathroom and shower passed the M test ( this is not an easy thing). Sink drained very slowly. breakfast was muffins and tea. we had brought in things we wanted. Room was quiet . Rugs need to be updated. TV selection poor but i wanted WiFi which was excellent. Met what we needed. Desk help helped us understand how to drive in seattle and the road system. Freemont was cool. Got to catch the ferry to Bainbridge island

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We needed a cheap place to base ourselves while in Seattle and this fit the bill. Yeah Jonathan is quirky but very friendly and helpful. We were able to walk to a market and buy food and bring it back to our room. Breakfast was basic but the coffee was good. My one complaint is that we had our door and window open while eating our breakfast in our room and the patron next door found it a fit time to stand right there and smoke NOT ON!!! didn't even move when I slammed the window and the door!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'll relate my experience with The Marco Polo and then you can form your own opinion. The motel itself is ok it's a basic place to hang your head. Johnathan at the desk is a quirky interesting character. The problem being is that you can be quirky and still competent , but not this guy. I bought tickets to go to see a show in Ballard WA on Oct. 26 /13. I called the Marco Polo on Aug 14/13 to book two single rooms. We had stayed here once before and found it good enough, mostly because it is convenient to get to Ballard by cab from there. I made my reservation with Johnathan telling me "no problem it's not necessary to leave a credit card we will take good care of you gentlemen". Just to be on the safe side I once again called the Marco Polo at the beginning of October to confirm my reservation. "yes we have it here, two rooms Oct. 26/13" On Oct 24 I receive a call telling me that the motel is full and we should look somewhere else!!! I speak with Johnathan three times that evening and he assures me he will figure out the situation or arrange alternate accommodation for us. I never here from him again! Needless to say they'll never see us again for our jaunts down to Seattle. Judge for yourself. We ended up booking in to The Travellodge a few blocks down the road. I would reccommend going there as an alternative.

Room Tip: Go to a different place. The Travelodge down the road is good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nanoose Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed one night on the evening of a Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos pre-season game.

Clean, but outdated and a little too basic, it met our needs for the night. $35 cab ride to the game (Hawk's Nest Pub first) and the same coming home made taking the car unnecessary - parking anywhere near the game is $40.

It could use some updates to make it good value for the money. but the price keeps out the riff-raff.

We would stay again if absolutely required - but we had little time to find a room having made the decision to attend the game only several days before.

Room Tip: Travel with foamy earplugs wherever you go :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
red bluff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We needed a lower cost room close to where our interests were, this was 5min away and no construction going on to cause traffic delays. It was very quiet and very clean. Sure the furniture is a little out dated and older but I thought it was clean and comfortable. If you are wanting top notch furniture décor, and a view, then I say you need to go downtown and pay $300 plus a night and some of them did not get as good as rating as the Marco polo has gotten. The staff were the most friendly and helpful I've seen in a long time, they gave us an easy map to neighborhood places to eat with-in 5 blocks of the motel it was wonderful with lots of local foot traffic there was a drugstore, an ice cream parlor, a few little bistros and Mays tai restaurant where we had dinner, it was outstanding and quaint. we will stay here again when we return to Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard suite in a bottom inside corner and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Certainly not a four star. But good location and adequate accommodations. Would recommend if concerned about budget over fancy bath products and pillow top beds. Fairly quiet on a Thursday night. Surrounding area has some bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Marco Polo Motel? Share your experiences!