“great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 95 hotels in Seattle
vancouver
“great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Well here it goes....my first review ever! My wife, son and I stayed over the weekend and we were all very pleased.

As mentioned in other reviews, the free breakfast, parking and shuttle service add great value to what is already a reasonably priced hotel. We booked online the day of our stay and got an unbelievable deal. When we arrived the assistant manager upgraded us to a king suite on the top floor with a view of the water. The staff were all friendly. The shuttle driver was very proffesional and courteous. The breakfast was quite bountiful for a continental. In short, no complaints.

I would also like to mention the warm atmosphere at Dukes on the waterfront. The food was delicious and the service was terrific.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family

676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

We loved this hotel - it has a very home-like atmosphere which makes it nice when you are traveling or on business. The rooms are a good size, the bed was extremely comfortable, nice framed artwork on the walls. The elevator is on the slow side, as others have mentioned...

The area where breakfast is served is a great place to start your day with the typical buffet breakfast fare (cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, boiled eggs, cheese, etc.). If you want to get out of your room to read the paper later in the day or just have a great view of Lake Union and the seaplanes it's a quiet place to unwind.

Instead of using the shuttle I got a map from the front desk and the staff told me the easiest way to get to Pike's Place market. It took about a half hour to get there and was a nice way to see more of the city.

We ate at Chandler's near the hotel one night, sorry we missed happy hour, but had a great dinner.

Also an easy walk to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project. The bar/restaurant at EMP was good food, friendly staff.

Definitely would stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

My elderly parents stayed at the Silver Cloud on a visit to Seattle to visit us. They loved the hotel. Great breakfast, great coffee available all day. Nice view from their room. Attentive staff. They loved the free shuttle and used it to go to Pike Place Market and the Seattle Center. My son used the pool and we watched a Sea Hawks game on the big TV in the lounge. Parking was easy and free for guests. We will recommend the hotel to friends and relatives visiting Seattle.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

Our stay was absolutely fine - rooms were pleasant enough and very clean, breakfast buffet was typical (waffles, eggs, cereal, fruit), employees were very nice. The shuttle is a definite plus - very convenient both for trips to major areas and surprisingly quick for return trips. We had a room with a water view, but the water view is not really that great - I wouldn't make it a "must have" by any means. My only disappointment was that I love walking around neighborhoods and this hotel's location does not really lend itself to that.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

I booked our stay through Seattlesupersaver.com . They are directly affiliated with the Seattle Visitors Bureau so they were pleasant to deal with too (when I didn't get an email confirmation as it was filtered out by my spam blocker I'm guessing). I have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious and clean.
This was the first time we have stayed there on a weekend and a wedding party (not affiliated with the hotel), across the street, had music blaring as we were trying to sleep. After a call to the front desk about the noise we were advised that the music usually doesn't run that late- 11PM and they hoped it would be over soon. We were on the back side of the hotel so the noise would have a lot worse on the lake side, but I will NEVER stay there again on a weekend, so beware.
Their free shuttle service to the Space Needle and the Market and all around downtown is extremely convenient and well run.
And I forgot to mention the free and secure parking was great.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — no opinion
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2006

We stayed in this hotel while on our honeymoon which was a road trip. I booked 2 nights at this hotel based on the reviews on here, and it seemed like a good value.

We arrived and had no problem checking in and found our room to be quite spacious. We had french doors that opened out on to the road, but it was frustrating that there were no privacy shades. It was pretty much either have the curtains open or closed. Since we were on the 4th floor, people could see in from across the street, so a little privacy, as opposed to no sunlight, would have been nice.

There are 2 elevator areas, but the 1 elevator by our room was really slow. You could spend 2 or 3 minutes waiting, which for a building with only 7 floors was irritating.

The shuttle was okay, we went to the market, and then walked to the EMP and the Space Needle. The first night we were unsure how far away we were, but it only took us about a half hour to walk, and being that it was nice out, it wasn't a problem.

We took advantage of the free laundry machines, but there was only 1 washer and 1 dryer for each floor. I ran from floor to floor checking for an open machine, which was annoying. I think next time I'd just pay to have it done by dropping it at the front desk.

There is wireless on the 3rd floor lounge area only, and if you want to connect in the room, you have to have your own cable. Since I'm used to wireless, I had to buy a cable in the gift shop for $5. Just was a little annoying as every hotel we've stayed at on this trip (even Days Inns, etc) has had free in-room wireless.

Restaurants across the street are great, and we LOVED I love sushi and BluWater Bistro. Stix is also fun for drinks and billiards.

I guess I was a little disappointed in the nitpicky details, but overall it was a good hotel for a good price.

• Liked — Good restaurants close by, neat views of seaplanes, out of the way but still can walk to things
  • Disliked — Paying for ethernet cable, no privacy curtains
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

After reading the reviews of this hotel, I was expecting something extraordinary. My husband and I stayed at the Inn for two nights over labor day week. The rooms were smaller and basically appointed. I can not say I was overly impressed with the room though it was clean and the hotel staff was nice. The biggest complaint would have to be the shuttle service. While it is great to offer the service, they need to have more than one driver operating as there are many travelers that are depending on the one van to drive them to and from various downtown locations. I assume the rates we are charged help to cover the cost of this shuttle service and they should investigate adding a second van. There are several really nice restaurants close by including Joey's and Chandlers Crab House. Overall a satisfying stay.

• Liked — Great restaurants close by.
  • Disliked — Unreliable shuttle service.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union? Share your experiences!