“Everyone has said it...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Seattle
Austin, Texas
“Everyone has said it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's well-priced (I got a HotWire deal for a weekend that ended being around $130/night --that includes taxes), clean, easy to get to, and has free parking.

While we never used the shuttle, I would think that is handy for people wanting to see the usual tourist spots.

Parking was fine, until Saturday night. It was cramped in there! There obviously were folks who had no idea how to park - do you really need two spots for your Benz? Umm.. no.

The staff was lovely and the complimentary breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold items.

The location is good if you want to checkout DT things. The lake across the street just beckons you to run along its shore! There is plenty of dining/shopping within a mile of the hotel. Bed was comfortable and free wifi is always a plus!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ang3ldu5t

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Dropped on this place by pure accident - managed to pick the weekend when there was a huge conference in town with 4500 delegates attending and the New York Yankees were playing a 4 series game against the Marriners so rooms were at a premium. My only complaint is I paid over the ods but all rooms were at a premium when we stayed.

The hotel is about a mile from the main city and offers a free transfer service but unless it is raining or you have mobility issues I would recommend the walk along the lake edge past the boats as the scenery is stunning.

The roms are huge and spotless and the breakfast is lovely. The cost can be a bit high but given the price of parking in Seattle and the fact that breakfast is included do go someway to evening the cost out as many hotels closer to the centre charge for both.

The staff are helpful and happy to help at anytime and the pool and gym are clean and an excellent addition.

I would thoroughly recommend this place as a base for Seattle

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Geoff N
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were staying 2 nights in Seattle, one day before our cruise and one day after our cruise. Seattle has a lot of hotels, but after coming across this hotel, somehow I felt this was the one for us. Our flight arrived at 12:40p.m. and we arrived at the hotel about 1:45p.m. and they were happy to check us in early. I asked her to confirm our reservations for our second night's stay, and yes they were there. She then asked if we were going on a cruise and we made some friendly small talk. Our room was well appointed and had beautiful views of Lake Union, the sea planes taking off and landing and downtown Seattle. Loved the french doors that opened up to the tiny balcony and the wonderful views. Shuttle service was prompt and friendly and tried to answer every question passengers had. When asked on the first evening where a steak/seafood restaurant within walking distance was, we were shown several menus. After deciding on one the shuttle driver offered to give us a ride. On the way he called ahead to the restaurant to get us on the list. When we got there and sat down they brought us an appetizer compliments of Silver Cloud Inn-Lake Union. Now that was just beyond anything I would expect of a hotel, it really just took our vacation to another level of enjoyment. Check-out was a breeze, we asked them if they could please call us a cab, unfortunately their shuttle does not, to the cruise pier, and we will see you in a week.
The first thing when we returned that the front desk clerk said to us was how was the cruise and did we enjoy Alaska? It was 10a.m. in the morning surely we can't check in this early? I'd be wrong yes they could go ahead and check us in this early and with another awesome room, just maybe 4 rooms away from our last one. Same wonderful appointments in the room and same gorgeous views. I used the hot tub and pool with no problems, after so much walking that hot tub was a welcome relief and after the heat of the hot tub the pool was also refreshing. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've been to, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, yogurt, cereal, milk, bread and bagels and accompaniments. I'm sure I missed something there was so much and ample indoor/outdoor seating with nice views of Lake Union. We loved our stay here and would definitely stay here again in the future and recommend anyone we know and love to too.

Room Tip: Lake views on the 6th floor afford the best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovelearnteach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The shuttle service, enhanced breakfast options, clean and well equipped fitness center as well as free use of laundry services made this an incredible value. The staff was always friendly & helpful, the rooms & customer areas were clean & well maintained. I only wish the surrounding area had better dinner options although I felt 100% safe anytime of the day or night on the pier and in the general area.

• Stayed May 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I did not have a real friendly welcome - in fact it seemed like the check-in staff were doing me a favour by checking me in. No real introduction to the hotel - I found most facilities myself. That said they were good facilities, coffee available 24 hours, free shuttle to Downtown Seattle; great breakfast and bonus - complimentary laundry facilities. Also I wasn't impressed that the hold they placed my debit card was nearly $100 over the total for our entire bill - apparently that was to cover incidentals? What incidental, the shuttle, breakfast, laundry, pool use, Wi-Fi were all complementary - there is no room service. Would have been happy for them to put a hold on the entire stays bill but the extra was unnecessary.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staff was very friendly and got checked in quick, room was clean and better than I expected. the gym was big and had a lot of machines free water and clean towels. breakfast was great and the dining area was huge. I didn't use the shuttle service but it does take you to the piers (if you are going on a cruise)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ricky2727
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family stayed here the night prior to a cruise. I picked it based on reviews i had read. The hotel itself is beautiful. The breakfast area is great! The pool area is very basic and i was a little disappointed with our room. We got put into a room with a view of the parking lot which was very disappointing after reading most room have waterfront views. Traffic noise was there, all night. The fan setting for " constant" was broke so we were stuck listening to it all night. The staff was very friendly and the shuttle service was efficient

• Stayed June 2013