“Overall ok no heat in bathrooms, cheap shower/toiletry products” 3 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union
1150 Fairview Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 (Lake Union)   |
Ranked #20 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Whidbey Island
“Overall ok no heat in bathrooms, cheap shower/toiletry products”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The best that this hotel had to offer was the staff. Very friendly and helpful. The shower/ bath products are the worst we have had in any hotel chain. The shower shampoo actually stung my eyes and was heavily perfumed Terrible ! Rooms nice size rooms. Perhaps the worst was the bathroom. Outdated and only one control for fan/ lights. No heat in shower

• Stayed April 2013

641 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

An extra clean and simple hotel. Casual with a free-flowing feel with great style. Very West Coast I would say.

Pros: Clean, free shuttle to/from Downtown Seattle, free wiFi and gated parking, concealed mini fridge and microwave in room.Indoor pool open 24 hrs.
Cons: No room safe, hard to find

My family (wife and 2 young daughters) stayed for 2 nights. Coming from Vancouver we wanted to spend a couple of says in Seattle for a weekend visit. We already had stayed at the Mukilteo Silver Cloud Inn so we didn't think twice when it was time to book.
I have to say that this is probably one of the very few hotels I've stayed in where we've felt compelled to take our shoes off instinctively just like home without even thinking it. Carpet looked brand new and really thick. Extra point!
Room was simple and unassuming but it looked like it was carefully decorated. It had a great thing that it had a mini fridge and a microwave inside the TV cabinet. Plenty of stationary and pens (if you have young kids you know how useful this is!).
Had a sink outside bathroom as well as inside. Average bathtub and Aveda brand toiletries. Have to say that the bathroom too looked like it was deeply cleaned.
Balcony window was a double door that opened in full swing.
The hotel has a gated parking just like the type that new high rises have. You have to wave your room key in front of a sensor to open the overhead gate. Parking garage is big. We never found ourselves out of a parking spot.
Has an indoor pool that is open 24 hours. Even though the water was definitely not warm for me , neither my 7 or my 4 year old's seemed to care. Pool area also has a hot tub which was a nice thing after an almost polar swim of 45 minutes with my little ducklings.
Hotel staff were very courteous and nice. They were always accommodating to our needs.
The hotel has a shuttle service to/from Downtown Seattle. They have several drop off points (space needle, Pike's Market etc..) which is extremely useful if you're visiting Seattle.
The hotel sits in a strip just across a marina parallel to the I5 and is not very easy to find if you're not from the area or you find yourself without a GPS.
All in all The Silvercloud chain is ALWAYS a guarantee if you're looking for something a simple and inexpensive but with lots of style and first class customer service.

Short and sweet: This is like a 4 star hotel who graduated from finishing school.

4+ smile hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pasco, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was working in Seattle, I opted for the Suite, it was roomy and fit my needs perfectly. the view was nice too. I slept well. My one complaint is that it was hard to find an outlet to charge my electronic devices. I also would have thought that USB chargers would be an industry standard by now. My previous hotels have had them. I would certainly stay with them in the future. The front desk was very kind, courteous and pro active.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Silver Cloud Lake Union was my home away from home for several weeks. The rooms are not fancy, but extremely clean and quiet. The layout works well for the recreational as well as business traveler. The staff are very helpful, and the shuttle is a wonderful benefit.

The daily morning breakfast and Tueday evening social are nice benefits.

The workout room is nicely laid out, roomy and all the equipment was in great working order.

Room Tip: They have suites and even rooms with fireplaces. Rooms on the front side of the building are quiete...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent two nights at the Silver Cloud on Lake Union and both nights were quiet and peaceful. Our room was just steps from the elevator, so we weren't sure what to expect as far as noise goes, but the walls must be very well insulated since we could hardly hear any hallway noise at all. The room was very clean and that's saying a lot since I'm a clean freak and very phobic about cleaniless. Sometimes I feel the need to do a little cleaning myself before feeling comfortable in a hotel room, but our room at the Silver Cloud was already clean and comfortable. It was roomier than a lot of hotel rooms too. We had two queen beds, but had plenty of room to spread out the luggage and groceries that the three of us brought. We were also pleasantly surprised by the little bar sink near the fridge and microwave - this made it so convenient to prepare food and make coffee and tea, etc. It was so nice not to have to use the bathroom sink for these purposes. The fridge did not have a freezer in it, so that was a drawback as we had re-freezable ice packs with us for our ice chest. But, luckily we had gallon zipper bags packed with us and we just filled those with ice from the vending area for our travels upon checking out. The vanity area of our room was plenty big for getting ready, but it was located so close to the beds that it was disturbing to those who were still sleeping while I was getting ready in the morning. I prefer the vanity area to either be located inside the bathroom with the shower or at least farther away from the beds or separated by a partition wall. The one major downer of our stay at the Silver Cloud Lake Union was the pool area. The chlorine fumes were so strong in the area that most guests tried to prop open the door when they could or tried to open the windows (that were actually screwed shut - rightfully so since they were at ground level and should be secure). More ventillation would have been welcome though. Both the pool and hot tub were way over-chlorinated. When the jets were on in the hot tub the bubbles they made would pop and spray chlorine into the eyes of anyone sitting nearby. It was so bad that on our second night we begged every guest who joined us in the hot tub to leave the jets off just so our eyes wouldn't burn. After a few minutes with the jets on, everyone agreed that turning them off was the key to being able to comfortably stay in the hot tub. Other than the chlorine, our stay was great. The breakfast was nice, but it was hard to find gluten-free (and healthy) items for myself. There were eggs and sausage each morning, but those are so high in fat and chlorestrol. Good thing I had packed my own fat-free yogurt and gluten-free cereal since coffee and tea were the only breakfast buffet items I was able to enjoy. My daughter and husband appreciated the other breakfast items (especially the waffles and muffins). Oh, and the hotel parking garage included in the room rate was a huge perk for us - secure overnight parking off the street in Seattle is a must. There aren't many budget-and-family-friendly places to eat near the hotel, so be prepared to drive a ways to find something.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms are as well insulated as ours was, they should all be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

spent a few days here on a rainy spring break vacation. we have elementary school age kids. the hotel was perfect for us. shuttle to downtown seattle for attractions. free parking. nice pool. good breakfast in a beautiful room overlooking the lake. my daughter and I spent a rainy afternoon in the atrium of breakfast room playing cards- might have been my favorite part of the vacation. beds were comfy, we had a king suite on the 7th floor, not a lake view room, but still an acceptable view. the suite had a sliding door in between the bedroom part and the living area, very nice to put the kids to bed earlier. the sofa in the living room made into a bed. had a microwave and small fridge, provided silverware and dishes in the room. service was good, we needed an extra pillow and was brought up promptly. easy walking distance to the new museum of history and industry- dont miss it.
we would and will stay here again.
only warning is that there were lots of kids in the hotel over spring break, some of the people who were there without kids did not look impressed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Plum City, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was spotless, and I mean very clean! The beds were comfortable and we had an enjoyable stay. Thecomplimentary breakfast is in a nice cozy room away from the lobby and it's a delicious, hot breakfast. I loved the quiche! While all of this is good, I can't forget to mention how friendly and ultra helpful the staff members are to their visitors. They truly go the extra mile. I recommend using their free shuttle service. We used this several times to get to places downtown and we did not need to pay for parking. They are reasonably prompt with their pick up times too. Their shuttle drivers are also very courteous and entertaining. I highly recommend this place to stay while you are in Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union? Share your experiences!