“Pretty standard -- but high standard” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn - University
5036 25th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105   |
Ranked #25 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Pretty standard -- but high standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

There's nothing super-memorable about the rooms, but I couldn't ask for anything cozier, cleaner, or more updated. Easy free parking, adjacent to U Village, and excellent service for the most part. When we checked out, I believe I mistook a manager [?] for a check-out clerk, and he was kind of stuck-up about it until someone else hastily took over. Sorry about that! Unfortunately that's what I remember the most about my stay, but it wouldn't prevent me from choosing it again. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chelan, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Whenever my husband and I travel to Seattle, we stay at the Silver Cloud Inns. Great service, really decent breakfast and the staff is wonderful. They also have a great shuttle service that will take you to nearby shops/restaurants/theatres! They go out of their way to accommodate their guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Winder, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my first experience at Silver Cloud Inn, but it will definitely be my hotel of choice in this area. The experience from reservations to check out was flawless. The staff consistently went above and beyond my expectations. The shuttle service was extremely helpful and considerate, the Tuesday Happy Hour was a fabulous surprise and the quality and comfort of the bed and room in general was fantastic! An example of how the management and staff concentrate on the customer's experience: Seattle Light & Power scheduled a 5 hour power outage for the area during my planned stay. Prior to my arrival, the hotel notified me of the scheduled outage and gave me an opportunity to change my reservations. I opted to stay, where upon they provided brand new flashlights, glow sticks, extra blankets, early coffee service and more to minimize any difficulties the power outage created. The staff really went the extra mile to take care of the guests. A surprise touch: my stay included a Tuesday evening, on which the management weekly hosts a happy hour for guests that included wine, beer, and a very nice selection of sandwhiches, fruits, cheese, ffresh vegies, and fresh tortilla chips & dips. This was such good quality and quantity, I elected not to have dinner following the happy hour! This will definitely be my hotel of choice anytime I am visiting the area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I rarely write reviews for places I have stayed in or visited, but the erstwhile and constant excellency of the Silver Cloud University has prompted me to take pen in hand. I have been coming to this hotel since 2006 (eight years now), often four or five times a year for stays of between one and two weeks, and I have been consistently welcomed in a professional yet warm and friendly manner. I would find it almost impossible to contemplate staying anywhere else during my regular trips to Seattle. I feel like I am almost coming to a second home at the Silver Cloud and staff have always gone out of their way to accommodate me and my two children. The hotel is impeccably maintained, the service at reception is excellent without being too stiff, and any time I have had a query or a need for information, I have obtained complete satisfaction. The breakfast is always fresh and copious and the pool and spa are very inviting and a great joy for the kids. Rooms were always clean and comfortable, parking was easy and access to laundry and fitness room was a big plus. I am really at a loss to find anything to complain about, even though I have never shirked that responsibility in other places which were not up to standard. My contact with staff at all levels was cordial and professional and I must commend those responsible for the management of the hotel, which for me gets top marks at all levels.

Room Tip: I have tried several rooms and all were bright and got sunshine at some stage. I was not disturbed b...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

At our third stay here, I had my worst experience ever in a hotel room. The guests in the room adjacent room were throwing a loud New Year's Eve party in their room. We went to bed at 2am but it was too loud to get asleep. I complaint twice with the front desk, but they just asked these guests to be quieter, without any result. Eventually at 4am I was assigned a new room.
According to the staff, these people are staying over an extended period and making noise every night! I don't understand how the management can tolerate this. During check out I did not receive any apologize at all, the staff member let me know it was expected because of NYE; I was just offered a small discount on my room rate.
I'm not sure I'll come here again, especially if I come with the kids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
sciuniversitymanager, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn - University, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
These are very nice guests that have stayed with us previously without incident and we are very disappointed that for this visit their stay was less than satisfactory. While with our hotel, our location, and our clientele - noise disturbances are extremely rare, we really apologize that this situation arose last New Year's Eve.

Although our team were able to eventually quiet this disturbance, they realized that it might not occur with sufficient immediacy and felt that providing an additional complimentary room for these guests to utilize would likely be the most expeditious solution for their comfort which, at the time, also seemed most satisfactory to them as well. We do realize, of course, that it is most unfortunate that they were inconvenienced in any way.

It is our hope that these guests will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves with a future stay. Should they choose to do so, we would very much like to guarantee that they experience the same comfortable and problem-free visit as the have had in the past with us -and that they -and all of our guests - are entitled.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My friends and i spent the night last night in this hotel because we wanted to celebrate a birthday and didn't want to "drink and drive". We are not from the area so we took chance on this hotel and we reserved a Mini-King-Suite. We feel we made a great decision!. Our check in was very smooth with a super friendly but professional staff. The room was good sized and very clean. Asked for extra towels because there were 4 of us staying in the room and it wasn't a problem at all, and graciously provided. After a night of laughter, talking, and even a couple of hours of sleeping, we all enjoyed a delightful free continental breakfast. It was one of the best continental breakfasts I have experienced with lots of options and good tasting food. They have a beautiful, clean pool and hot tub. As an added bonus, we discovered we were within a block and half of University Village so we were able to walk over and "shop til we dropped".... Would stay at this hotel any time I was in Seattle and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I got this hotel through a hotwire booking and had never heard of it before... When I arrived Dave at the front counter was quick with check in, I was given a parking pass(Parking is free) and WiFi is free. My room was clean and comfortable.

Just a warning in the morning the traffic is a tad slow heading back to the freeway.

Very satisfied and it was nice to see how well taken care of this hotel was.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Silver Cloud Inn - University? Share your experiences!