“Comfortable if someone is paying :P” 4 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn - University
5036 25th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Ranked #33 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Delft, The Netherlands
“Comfortable if someone is paying :P”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was there for business otherwise I think the price per night would be too much. I enjoyed the spacious rooms, the mattresses that led to an amazing sleep. The only negative thing I could mention was the attitude by the employees at the reception desk, they were a bit arrogant probably because someone else was paying for me but that wasn't appropriate at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a very central Inn, located in the University area with GREAT staff! The king room we had was quiet, spacious, sweet-smelling, comfortable bed, and very reasonably priced, including free parking and Wifi. It's within walking distance of the shopping mall where there are great places to eat, and handy for driving to Pike place market or to the football game, which is why we were there. They also have a free shuttle to the Uni "Ave" if you're so inclined, and provide a decent little grab'n'go breakfast. .

All in all I'd say it was worth way more than we paid in comparison with those downtown places that charge $35 a night for parking! Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've stayed here before and liked the hotel, convenience and price. Service is good, as is breakfast. However, hotel seemed tired this time. Carpets dirty. Prices up substantially since last stay. I would stay here again, but would hope management would update.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend here while visiting a friend and could not have been happier with our environment. The staff was pleasant and friendly and our room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very good, as well. I particularly liked having laundry facilities, and was super surprised to see that usage was complimentary. Kudos for that! The location next to University Village was also excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whittier, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I needed to find a hotel near UW on very short notice (2 days). My usual "go to" hotels were fully booked, so I chose the Silver Cloud University District based on its location right next to the UVillage mall and close to campus. I found the hotel to be very clean, very quiet, and comparably priced to the other hotels I have stayed at in the area.

Parking is included in the hotel rate, and there were always plenty of open spaces. A nice breakfast is also included in the rate, which included scrambled eggs and sausage, make-your-own waffles, assorted muffins and cereals, juices, coffee, yogurt and fresh fruit. There is a good-sized eating area with comfy seats, fireplace, and library nook. It felt very "homey". Wifi is also included.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Maybe the carpet and bedding could have been a bit newer and the towels could have been a bit fluffier, but it was a nice room. The wall heater/air conditioner unit was the quietest I have ever used in a hotel room. I did not hear any plumbing noise in the walls nor people above us or in adjacent rooms.

I used the fitness room one morning. There are free weights, two treadmills, three ellipticals, and a multi-purpose machine. Everything was clean and well-maintained. The Burke-Gilman trail is right next to the hotel, so it is easy to access for a hike, jog, or bike ride when the weather permits.

UVillage is walking distance from the Silver Cloud Inn with its numerous shops, restaurants, a market and a drugstore. All-in-all I highly recommend this hotel for visitors to UW.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed one night while moving out of our house. Living nearby, we had never had any reason to stay there and our impression driving by all the time was that it was a well-maintained, moderately upscale hotel with a great location right next to University Village. After staying there I would say that's all true, but it needs a refurbishment to make it worth the rates they charge.

The staff was unfailingly pleasant and helpful, breakfast was what you'd expect for a hotel buffet, and our room was comfortable and clean. Only negatives were the price ($195, definitely a downtown Seattle price) and the dated decor. The hallway carpets need to be replaced, as they give off an "old motel" vibe.

I'm still giving it 4 out of 5 because of the staff and location and perks like free parking and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My first hotel review ever, and hands down ...it goes to the staff and hotel at the Silver Cloud Inn (University Plaza).

Now we usually stay here because my husband likes clean hotel air!
But this trip was last minute. I was not planning on getting sick while I was away for hospital appointments, but the staff jumped in like family and friends.

(The extra pillows and blankets are sealed for dust, A/C and heat is filtered...everything is clean and sterile looking! Nice touches)

Hospital rates are fine, we get to save up for a free rooms with points, etc.

But what happens when you get sick on a trip by yourself? The Manager Steven comes in to help! I felt well taken care of. Shuttles to the U of W and Childrens Hosp.

The staff including Madison helped me load and unload, everybody set up extra night, great teamwork. Right down to the end, John comes running out to help throw my poorly packed, last minute bags in Subaru!! Did I meantion how clean the air in the room is? Yes, but comfy these mattresses are? No, they actually are.

Room Tip: Location far enough from U district to be safe, yet nice shopping. Quiet room. No noise from A/C...