“Great Staff, Room and Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Great Staff, Room and Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights pre-cruise, June 24 & 25.
The staff here is fantastic!
We inquired about a few things, 1 of which turned into an urgency,
and the staff performed fabulously!
Our room was very clean, comfortable and as reserved!
The breakfast provided is more than adequate and we enjoyed it daily.
Con: You must cross a busy Aurora Ave to get to Seattle Center, a couple block extra walk.
Pro: Kudos to this hotel for preserving its customers right to choose a smoking room!

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor with (fantastic) Space Needle view does have a slight hum of traffic below...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks for the kudos! I will certainly share your comments with my team. Our best assets are the people who work hard every day to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. I'm proud of the work they do, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge efforts. Come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Peshastin, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We got their last room and it was a smoking room. YUK! The smell was over-powering, we had to go buy fabreeze and spray the room, plus leave the window open.
Most of the front desk people were very friendly, but not all.
Breakfast was so-so, the hotel was full so they ran out of the favorites.
The location is great, thats why we picked it for a family visit to the big city.
Not my favorite Holiday Inn Express. Maybe with a non smoking room and a little more breakfast plannning for a full house things would be different.

Room Tip: When they say smoking they mean it. It smelled like an ashtray.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel! I am sorry that you had to take a smoking room. They can certainly be unpleasant, if you are a non-smoker. I hope you will come stay with us again in a non-smoking room. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience! I am concerned, however, about not all of our staff being friendly. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. In order to prevent this behavior from recurring, I need to coach those who are not adhering to our service standards. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you will return!
hambrick@hcbmi.com
Wallington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not going to bad-mouth the hotel, it was fine. I didn't have any problems there, and it was on par with the other nearly hundred Holiday Inn/Expresses I've stayed in within the past 5 years. Staff was fine, room was fine, beds were fine, it was quiet, parking costs $10 but that's what you get when you're right next to all of the attractions.

My issue was the area at night. There's really no place to eat, and it's not as nice of a touristy area as you'd expect. Some of the clientele walking the streets at night was downright scary. I walked into a nearby gas station for some snacks, and there was a man laying on the ground right near the gas pump. The attendant just shrugged, so I didn't interfere.

Standard quality hotel, and I'd recommend it... but I wouldn't go walking around at night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about the hotel! Because our location is a downtown area hotel, we can certainly see our share of the transient population. Overall, the only real issue we have is with pan-handling, but I fully understand that it can make for an uncomfortable walk at night. The Holiday Inn, which sits directly behind our hotel, has a great restaurant called the Emerald Grill, and it is the perfect location for a late night dinner or happy hour. Also, our front desk staff would be happy to arrange transportation to any of the popular restaurants or bars, if you feel like experiencing Seattle's nightlife.

I appreciate your recommendation of us, and I hope to be able to host you and your party again in the future.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is the best Holiday Inn we've stayed in in several years. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. They helped us with directions and transportation, and even let me use the office freezer to freeze my cooler ice packs! The room was clean and comfortable. Most of all, it was quiet. The breakfast was the standard free breakfast. The location was a little out of the way, but we made it work by walking and using the monorail. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! We look forward to having you back!
San Leandro, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The desk staff was wonderful. The room less so. Checked in and was "upgraded" to a king room with jetted tub facing space needle. Weird smell, TV Cale cutting out constantly, called desk, maint guy came up and said oh it's because the TV is too big?! really? NOT! For 200 per night it was a disappointment. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. I would also like to thank you for your kudos to the staff. It is wonderful to hear their hard work and great service being recognized.

I am concerned, however, about the condition of the studio Jacuzzi suite we upgraded you to. Your feedback is being shared with the housekeepers as well as with the maintenance crew. I want to assure you that your comments will be used as a training opportunity for my staff. In addition, I would like to invite you to return to the hotel on your next visit to Seattle. Please contact me directly and I will personally see to it that you and your party are well taken care of.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback! I look forward to speaking with you!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We usually stay further downtown at a highrise hotel but they were fully booked for the King Tut packages so we Opted for this Holiday Inn and are glad we did. This will be our go-to hotel for Seattle trips. Great price, fantastic location, extremely clean and very nice and helpful staff. We very much enjoyed the breakfast choices available, I don't see how anyone could possibly call the breakfast bad as some of the reviewers have..it may not be the Savoy Hotel in London, but you cannot expect that! It was very tasty with many choices and they have excellent coffee! If you wait till after 9 to get breakfast, then yes, it will be quite full, but we went down at 8:30 and there were plenty of tables available. It is not small and crowded at all. Spacious. The beds were super comfy, I was a little worried as our usual hotel has out of this world comfy beds, and I have to say, they are very close! Clean and quiet! We wanted a view of the spaceneedle but no rooms were avail for that and we are actually glad as they say it's very noisy on that side. We were on the back (or side, not sure) with a nice view of church and leafy street (albeit overtop of the aircons on the roof) and it was super quiet. Just what you want. We weren't really there to have a view in the room, we mainly were out all day and evening. The television is a big flat screen with great channels and choice of movies or even games! I like that the TV swivelled! Nice touch for a room with two beds. We had a double queen non-smoking room (all that was avail in non-smoking) and it was spacious and very nice. We liked the option of having two beds for the insomiac sufferer in our midst to dive into when needed and the room was bigger too!

Room Tip: Choose the double queen non-smoking! You get a bigger room and opt out of view rooms, too much traf...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy that we were able to earn your patronage and provide you with an enjoyable experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share this with everyone. Please come back and see us again soon!
SLC UTAH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The staff was amazing. Jeff and Kristi were the BEST!!! Hotel was a little run down and it could have been a little cleaner. The breakfast was bad!! One day ( of the 4 days that we were there) they didn't even serve meat. The room where they served breakfast was way too small and crowded.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for recognizing Jeff and Kristi for their service! I'm very proud of both of them and all of the work they do to ensure our guests are well cared for. They truly represent the level of service all of us aspire to reach with every guest.

We do have a rotating menu on our complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet in order to add variety for those guests who may be staying with us longer than one night. One of those days is a biscuits and sausage gravy day. During the rest of the week our guests can find scrambled eggs or omelets, ham steaks, sausage patties, or sausage links and a variety of muffins, cereals, yogurts, and pancakes. On our fullest days, seating in the breakfast bar can certainly be a challenge. There is no denying that! But we do provide trays for people to use to take breakfast back to their rooms or to enjoy in our lobby seating area.

I welcome your feedback regarding the condition of the hotel, as well. If there was an issue that caused us to be substandard, I would greatly appreciate knowing what that was. I want to ensure that we have no cleanliness failures and that our overall condition is good. Please contact me directly so that I can address these issues.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Best Regards,
hambrick@hcbmi.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center? Share your experiences!