“Maybe one night but not an extended stay” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #33 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Maybe one night but not an extended stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have been here since my husband's work moved to Seattle and for the past month and I would have to rate it poorly for many reasons. The main reason I would not recommend this hotel is the lack of customer service. I have never experienced more passive aggressive responses from hotel staff in my life. Working for several years in the hospitality industry I can't believe some of these people have a job for how they treat hotel guests. They incorrectly tried to kick us out of the room twice, once claiming that it was our check out date only for them to realize that they can't add properly. The rooms were never properly cleaned. I daily had to call for them to clean our room or they would not clean it. They also daily forgot to take garbage out of the room which I realized it was just easier for me to take it out myself. After a month of being here we are glad to finally move out into our home. I can count the workers who are actually nice, the others address concerns very rudely or just entirely ignore them. I would like to add that we are very low maintenance people, but after a month of just poor treatment I felt the need to warn others of our experience with this hotel. When I finally decided to complain to the front desk about all the issues, I was told to move over to the side while they took care of the people behind me first. This hotel needs a lot of work! Don't stay here longer than one night.

Room Tip: Be vocal about it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We wanted a hotel for a night on our way to Portland. It was just before Halloween and there was a number of loud halloween party go-ers staying at the hotel. The front desk clerk - without us asking - moved our room to a different floor from them so we could have a quiet night. The room wasn't really anything to write home about. We had a hard time regulating the temperature but the room was really quiet. I was really surprised that the room had no wi-fi. There was a "Business Center" in the lobby - but I would much rather have wi-fi. The location is ok. Its close to the Space Needle but we didn't really find any good places to eat that were in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Seattle for pleasure and I wanted to find a hotel that was in walking distance to the Public Market and other attractions in Seattle. This was perfect. First of all, the front desk greeted us very warmly. We stayed in a King Suite - as I was able to get a phenomenal off-season rate. Parking isn't an issue as they have a garage below that only costs 20.00 a day which is way cheaper than anything near the hotel or anything downtown. The hotel is located in a more quiet area of town - a bit off the hustle and bustle of downtown, which means you have to walk about 1 mile to get to the public market, but after a long flight - it was perfect. They have a beautiful lobby and complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, and beverages throughout the day. We arrived on a Thursday and were welcomed back from all day of touring with a Manager's reception offering complimentary beer/wine and amazing food (chicken cordon bleu, wild rice, glazed carrots, and salad). Although we had booked a hotel reservation - I really appreciated that we wouldn't have had to go out. The breakfast is amazing - and again the staff is so friendly. Although we don't have kids - I noticed last night at the reception the woman manning the food area brought some children out crayons and coloring books for them to enjoy while their parents relaxed! I thought that was ingenious and really highlighted their dedication to customer service.
Our room is amazing - we stayed in a king suite - which has a great little couch, tv, table area. The kitchenette is stocked with plates, glasses a wine opener, a fridge, microwave and a dishwasher! The BED was amazingly comfortable -and the room was very neat and tidy. The hotel was nice and quiet. Ultimately - I can't imagine staying in a better place for our trip! We came in the off season so I know we had a discounted rate - but seriously now I may consider paying full price when I see another Homewood Suites! Very nice!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elfaaz A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting this site and leaving a wonderful and elaborate review. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Our complimentary suite start breakfast and Evening Manager’s Welcome home reception are definitely a delight. We LOVE our guests and strive to deliver great yet homely experience to ALL. Your business was much appreciated and we look forward to providing the best service for your future travel needs at the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown.
Mountain View, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We appreciate the set up of these suites....1 bedroom with kitchen, stocked with dishes and utensils, microwave and range. Beds are really comfortable, good equipment in the fitness room. Located well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for visiting this site and leaving a wonderful review. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed our conveniently designed and stocked suites and fitness center. Your business was much appreciated and we look forward to providing the best service for your future travel needs at the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown.
Sarasota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great location and great staff! Would definitely return. The location is right near the water and downtown. Very close to the bus stop as well. Wonderful breakfast each morning. A good hotel for a gathering--large area for eating to accommodate a group.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for visiting this site and leaving a wonderful review. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed our convenient location and great customer service by our friendly staff. Your business was much appreciated and we look forward to providing the best service for your future travel needs at the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown.
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you want to make your own meals, the kitchen is perfectly set up for this. No oven, but a large fridge, dishwasher, sink and two burner stove. There's a grocery store a few blocks away. Room was very clean and comfortable and quite large. I didn't partake in the morning and evening meals, but they looked and smelled great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Elfaaz A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting this site and leaving a wonderful review. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. Your business was much appreciated and we look forward to providing the best service for your future travel needs at the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived in Seattle on a red-eye very early in the morning. However, we were given a room immediately, and were able to take a nap before leaving to explore the city. Even though it was daytime, and our room faced a busy street, we were pretty well insulated from noise (closing the door to the bedroom kept out hallway and lobby noises). Since I am sensitive to noise, I was very grateful to be able to sleep with no problems during my stay there. Having a suite also gave us the opportunity to spread out and relax.

The hotel itself is a little off the beaten path. The closest attraction is the Space Needle and park, which is a few blocks away. However, Seattle is a small city, and we were able to walk back and forth from the Pike Place Market and downtown. For fun, you can take the monorail at the Space Needle, which takes you to the heart of downtown.

The neighborhood is mainly residential, and there are not a lot of restaurants. We wanted dinner our first night, but could only find a pub that was packed with what I guess were locals, and we didn't want to wait for a table. On returning to our hotel, we found that they serve dinner several days a week, and enjoyed a delicious hot meal, along with complimentary drinks, including wine and beer. Breakfast was also delicious, with a large variety of hot and cold food.

The staff was capable and friendly. We didn't interact much, but any request we had was addressed immediately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elfaaz A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting this site and leaving a wonderful review. We are glad that we were able to accommodate your early check-in and other travel needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing the best service for your future travel needs at the Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown? Share your experiences!