“Econo Vacation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The College Inn

You added The College Inn to your Saves list
The College Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Ranked #72 of 95 Hotels in Seattle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Good location if you are wanting to stay In the U-district. A really friendly place, nice breakfast included and great value

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel advertises itself as European; but with bathrooms down the hall it's more basic than that. Hotel was realtively clean and neat, but old with with worn out furnishings. The price is right, the location great but old and old fashioned.

Stayed April 2012
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for your posting. We are always interested in your thoughts and appreciate the feedback. This Spring we are making improvements to the property's decor but keeping our historic charm.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've stayed at The College Inn several times over the years and my experience has gradually gone from pretty good to horrible. I stayed there a few weeks ago and should have insisted on my money back (which I've never done) because it was so bad. When I arrived at 10:00 the clerk met me at the door, shoved the key in my hand and left for the night. Consequently, I wasn't able to get online as the code wasn't correct in the room information and there wasn't a clerk to ask. Some of the room's furniture was of the quality that Goodwill would likely reject and send to the landfill. I'm not exaggerating. The next morning, the coffee was lukewarm and awful as usual, but in the past that had been a feature I was willing to put up with. As I was packing to leave, looking forward to being out of there, I realized I was stepping on a used condom that was lying beside the bed. Gross!!!! I called the manager and left a message, but did not hear from him.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for your posting. We appreciate any and all feedback.

We find your experience unacceptable. As you noted in your posting you have stayed with us several times over the years and this is not up to our commitment to quality. I sincerely apologize for your experience. We guarantee our commitment to a positive guest experience and would like to speak to you about your stay. Please contact me personally at mgr@collegeinnseattle.com and we will rectify your situation.

In regards your concerns to others who read the review, we have follow up with our staff and make the necessary changes to insure the items highlighted will not happen again. In addition, we have installed a brand new coffee machine with enhanced coffee selection and this spring we are upgrading our rooms from furniture to bedding.

We are and continue to be an excellent location with quality accommodations for northwest travelers. We welcome feedback in order to be a better COLLEGE INN.
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are planning on hanging around Seattle's University District. We went for a concert and the hotel's location was ideal. Lots of restaurants and bars in the area.

The hotel itself is clean.The rooms are well appointed; however, all rooms on a floor share common washrooms, which is a definite minus. The breakfast upstairs in the morning is very low-effort on the part of the hotel, but it suits it's purpose.

I would only stay here again if i was spending more time in the University District. For trips to downtown Seattle, I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I arrive to The College Inn and we loved it from the first moment. It was just like going back in time! While we were waiting for 3pm (checking time) we went to the bar around the corner to have a beer and something to eat... great place!! Went back to the Inn, and checking was easy.... The room was AMAZING... we got a corner room in the second floor... lots of space, very clean! The bed was awesome and at night it is very quiet. FYI - you share a bathroom.... there are two bathrooms per floor (one guys/one gals). Hubby and I really didn't mind the shared bathroom thing... we like trying new things... Overall our experience at The College Inn was great... we will definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The College Inn? Share your experiences!