“Very Dissappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Musical House on Harvard B&B

Musical House on Harvard B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Musical House on Harvard B&B
You added Musical House on Harvard B&B to your Saves list
2612 Harvard Ave. E, Seattle, WA 98102   |
Ranked #31 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Very Dissappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed in one of their "double bed and shared bathroom" accomodations with my partner. Although prepared to share a bathroom, sharing our room was another story--the room next door to us was seperated by a carpet not a wall!!! The place itself was dusty and the washroom sink was full of debris when we got there. Although it is a beautiful house, the decor is tacky and outdated. Though their advertisements boast a shared balcony, the balcony was in such poor shape we were unable to use it.

The hosts were unfriendly and totally unaccomodating. I felt like we were imposing on them. Tthey were not willing to serve us any kind of breakfast outside their 8am-9:30am option times. My partner and I had to leave by 7:30am and they did not even supply us with so much as a coffee for the road. (Athough they claim to provide breakfast to go, don't count on it.) The host was up both mornings (and had been forewarned of our early commitments), but he was not bothered to provide us with anything. Considering they work under the title of Bed and BREAKFAST, this seems totally unacceptable.
The place is loud (right next to highway) and a $20.00 cab ride to downtown.
All in all, it was a total rip off and I would never suggest that you waste your time and money on this place. Also you are asked to pay for your rooms and all the nights you are staying before you arrive, another tacky and telling gesture by the hosts of this B&B.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Modena,Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

My housband and I spent 2 nights in this B&B and we felt like to be at home.
The host was friendly and kind, he has suggested us many things to do and place to visit in Seattle and also help us to find the right way to travel to Canada.

The "breakfast smile" is simply delicious: it's different every day and the chef is very careful to use organic components, melting different tastes from different countries.

We stayed in the room with shared bathroom and it's confortable, clean and wide.

The house is cozy and the old styled forniture fascinating and we invite to discover the roof terrace.

We truly recomend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed here with a friend for two nights and was not at all impressed, as I have stayed in far superior B and Bs in Seattle and would never come back to this one. This host may have been friendly to other reviewers on this site, but he was not to my friend and I. He did not have a warm personality and made us feel as thought we were imposing on him and his family. He took a minor payment error (he expected me to pay for both nights 4 days before I arrived and only paid for one, thinking I could pay for the other at checkout) and made it a huge deal of it, chastising my friend and I in a totally inappropriate manner for not paying in advance.

Aside for that totally uncomfortable situation. Here is my review:

What I liked: the beds were really comfy and the other people staying there were really nice.

What I didn't like: this place is right by the freeway and very loud; the host is rude; his breakfasts are basic and bland...it's all Costco stuff; the place is dusty and old and he hasn't put any money into decent furniture in the common areas.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Musical-Innkeeper, Owner/ Operator at Musical House on Harvard B&B, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
At the reservation point Guests are advised: "In order to not be disappointed with your B&B experience, please review the B&B policies by clicking here: www.musicalhousebandb.com/policies.html"

Our New York Times reviewed Inn and Cuisine speaks for itself.

Our Historic Home, located in a Federal Historic Trust District does indeed feature "old furniture."
Santa Fe NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Outstanding breakfast and then some; excellent location for pleasant neighborhood walking; quick bus trip with frequent service to downtown Seattle. Friendly, accommodating hosts; comfortable bed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

This is a classy and very comfortable place to stay. It was the only place I could find in Seattle within budget that wasn't drowned in chintz.

Albert is an excellent host and made my girlfriend and I feel very welcome even before we'd stepped through the door, by inviting us to join his family for a barbecue they were having with some friends. The food was mostly home-grown and all delicious, something Albert clearly takes a lot of pride in.

If you don't like making conversation over breakfast, then this might not be the place for you, but we met some very friendly and interesting people at the table.

A shopping and dining district was only a 10 minute walk away, and there was a frequent bus to the downtown area.

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a fantastic time.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Musical House on Harvard B&B? Share your experiences!