“Wow, Wow” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Wow, Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Great hotel, great room, great service....I hadnt stayed at a Hyat for a while. I usually stay at the big names like Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, etc.. This hotel has everything from a great fitness center, spa, etc.. I will for sure be back. If I could say one thing negative it would probably be the price. My company paid the bill so I got to live it up.... But then again you get what you pay for!!! you get what you pay for here. I hope all the hyatts are consistant like this one!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 21, 2009
Excellent! Glad that you enjoyed it, and we are happy to hear that you will be coming back!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Everett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

The location of this hotel is fantastic! Everything was close at hand including shopping and the Paramount theater. The rooms were immaculately clean and modern. I found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and professional. The resteraunt was the most pleasant surprise. Our waiter (Luke I think) made some recommendations which turned out to be wonderful. I kid you not... the pork shank... yum! The steak was excellent also. We followed that up with a chocolate souffle that was to die for. All around a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
Thanks so much! Yes, the hotel has been very popular for those going to the Paramount, which is almost across the street and they have an exciting line-up this year. We love to hear guests say that our rooms are clean; that is our business after all! I will pass along your remarks to the team in the hotel and over at Urbane restaurant! Hope to see you again soon.
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Olive 8 Seattle for a night. I'm truely impressed by the service of the hotel. From the front desk lady, restaurant staff, to the pastry Chef, Emily, we were being treated with highest attentiveness and kindness. The hotel design is very clean, very modern and stylish. Food at the restaurant is out of this world, especially the dessert menu. I've ordered the pumpkin ice-cream that's garnished with Marshmellow. I would have to say, this is the best-ever dessert I've ever tasted. The marshmellow is absolutely amazing. It's really the best marshmellow in the world in my opinion. I highly recommend everyone to come and try it.

I'd also like to thank our server that night at the restaurant who went out of her way to hook us up with a box-load of marshmellow on our check-out.

I can't wait to go back there again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Thanks for the great review! Glad that we got it right at check in, and we are really appreciative that you gave Urbane Restaurant a shot. Our pastry team is really the best, and it is ALL made in house. Rest assured the Executive Chef will be seeing this. We love hosting our friends from up north, and judging from all the BC plates in our valet parking area, we are really catching on in Canada! Only question is, did the box of marshmallows last all the way to the border?
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

My friend and I stayed at Hyatt at Olive 8 in November 2009 for 3 nights. This hotel is very new, and therefore extremely clean and modern. The bedding, bathroom, and amenities are definitely up to Hyatt standards. Most impressive, however, were the staff; they went above and beyond to be helpful and accommodating. They were also very professional and respectful. This level of hotel service is usually only found in high-end hotels and restaurants in Asia.

The hotel fitness center was also extremely nice and very large. It even has a room for aerobics/yoga classes. And of course it was spotless.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Seattle.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
Thank you for your nice review. We are delighted to hear your comments on the staff. They train hard and take great pride in what they do. As a new hotel, we were able to get off to a running start with a lot of veteran employees from our other hotels, yet they take pride in presenting a very unique experience, even within the Hyatt portfolio. We look forward to your next visit!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I travel a lot so have a lot to compare to. I can't say enough about how clean, modern, convenient & fantastic this place is. The rooms are SO well appointed & the decor is modern & posh. The gym is incredible - new eqiupment, free weights, etc. etc. Can easily get a full workout that compares to my gym at home in a HUGE, modern space. So many times the gym is an afterthought & you're crammed into a tiny room fighting over a broken treadmill. Not here!!

The service was GREAT - maybe a little over the top with the "pleasantries" to the point it was a little scripted - but I'd much rather have that than someone who acts like I'm interrupting their day by checking in.

Valet service was very efficient & friendly. Ordered room service & the food was great & came in 15 minutes.

I'm a little sad I stayed here actually because now nothing else compares. Considering the rate I paid & the experience I had, the value was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 7, 2009
And we wish we could clone you! Couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your stay, as I have said before, we think our health club is tops…instead of a closet in the basement, we pretty much built the second floor around it and gave it all the windows! We love our guests from Portland; we’re so close, we really should see each other more often! :)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

My partner and i were on a 3 week tour of the states and Seattle was the last port of call for us,we have never stayed at Hyatt before but found this hotel very good.
We found the front desk very polite and helpful and also the bellboy to be very helpful and proffesional.
After checking into the room,we found it to be of a nice size,and very relaxing lighting, we did however find a very peculiar smell in the bathroom,so asked to be moved,this was not a problem and we were given another room straight away.
I agree with another reviewer about the sliding door issue in the bathroom,i could see this being a problem for some people.but the bathroom was very clean and very modern with great lighting again.
I particularly enjoyed the foyuer area of this hotel, it had a great buzz to it,a very social place and alot happening,the main restaurant/bar was nearly always full but there is a seperate bar where very friendly bar staff serve with a smile.
The concierge was also extremely helpful and polite,all in all we really enjoyed Seattle and The Hyatt At Olive 8

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
Thanks for the nice words…and thank you for giving Hyatt a try. We were glad that we were able to help you finish your three-week stay on a positive note!!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This was our first time in Seattle, so we had no expectations of what the city would be like or what our stay would be like. Both were absolutely amazing! We had our room at the Hyatt at Olive 8 for five nights, and it became our home away from home. It was a great way to be introduced to a city that fast became a must-return destination.

Some highlights:
- They upgraded us to a corner room (I was celebrating my birthday, and that was such a nice treat!)
- The location is convenient to everything, even a Whole Foods grocery a few blocks in the opposite direction from Pike Place
- The styling is modern and sleek
- We had a roomy, EMPTY mini-fridge! We LOVE the empty fridge and are not minibar people, so this is a huge plus, especially when walking back and forth from Pike Place all the time with yummy snacks.
- The fog-free mirror was cool, just one of those little touches that remind you you're not at home

The only downsides, none of which was a big deal for us but could be for someone else:
- Our wireless Internet didn't work -- they did provide us with a wired connection, though
- We only had one robe in the room (huh?)
- The sliding door on the bathroom would be inappropriate for anyone sharing a room who was not very familiar with their roommate
- There's no tub, so don't bring bubble bath. It's a step-in shower only.
- Because the hotel is so new, our driver took us to the other Hyatt and tried to unload the bags despite our insisting we were at the wrong place (that's not a Hyatt issue, it's a driver issue, but be prepared to be taken to the Grand Hyatt by mistake)

All in all, I was very impressed with the service, location, room, and all-around convenience of staying at this hotel. If you book through a low-cost carrier like Priceline and find out you'll be staying here, start celebrating. You hit the jackpot!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
And we couldn’t have asked for a better introduction to you! First off, Happy Birthday! Glad we could make it special with the upgrade. We like the mini-fridges too, very handy for a long stay like yours. I appreciate all the comments, good and bad. Sorry about the internet; we know wireless is important and will continue to try to improve our service. We generally only keep one robe in the room because over half our guests are traveling by themselves, so this does save on some unnecessary laundry (water, detergent, etc) and we are always happy to deliver an extra. The sliding doors are a different touch, not for everyone we know but have been positively received by most. And we do have standard tub/shower combos in the 80 rooms that have two Queen beds. We actually invited ALL Seattle cab drivers down for coffee and donuts twice to help educate them on the two hotels; probably missed a few but we’ll keep trying! :) Again, thanks for the great review, and we hope to see you for your birthday next year!

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!