“Right downtown, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Palo Alto, CA
“Right downtown, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed overnight for the UW graduation on June. The front desk staff was very welcoming. The room was spacious and quiet. We were on the 8th floor and the view is what I would call "downtown", looking at other buildings, yet not bad. Ask for a higher floor to get the better views. Room rate was reasonable for a graduation weekend. Overall, if you're looking for a central location in Seattle, this is a good bet.

Room Tip: Upper floor, ask for a corner room.
Green Features: Very green. Recently remodeled to LEED certification.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We're very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We love that our central downtown location allows our guests easy access to local attractions, restaurants and entertainment. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for three nights for a conference. Great environmentally-friendly hotel with good service. The rooms are nicely-sized with great, modern bathrooms. Stay on the 8th floor and you get a nice rooftop view of their green space. This is a solid four star hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent it was a short walk to Pike Place Market and a shorter walk to the rail station that takes you directly to the space needle. The staff were very formal but polite, it is quite obviously a business hotel but they were still extremely helpful and the concierge, a friendly gentleman arranged and booked a trip for me and had excellent advice on restaurants, shops and other places to visit, reception provided maps on check in and were genuinely more than happy to help in every way (was lucky enough to have my room ready although I arrived earlier than the allocated check in time and also allowed my room an hour later than the usual check out time). The room was very spacious the bed comfortable and the bathroom beyond what I usually expect. I did not use the toiletries as I prefer my own but they looked nice enough. Both bathroom and room were very clean, the coffee machine looked almost new as did the bathrobes/towels and bed linen. They cater for the modern day traveller in that they have facilities for charging iphones and other usb chargers. The only slight problem was the sound proofing. I could literally hear the conversation, word for word, coming from the couple occupying the room next door - this is not ideal and something which the hotel should look to address as I was rather lucky in that the noise wasn't disruptive late in the night.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We just returned from our trip to Seattle over the July 4th holiday. This hotel was wonderful to us. We had a rough trip as our first flight was delayed, then we had an unexpected plane change and Southwest lost our luggage. We basically arrived at the hotel with nothing. They were very accommodating and offered us a $50 voucher at the hotel restaurant. We thought that was very nice and it allowed us to relax a bit and enjoy the remainder of our first day. We asked them to call us, no matter the time, when our luggage arrived and they brought it to us at 4am. Thought it was a pain (that's Southwest's fault) we were thankful to wake up with our things so we could shower and get ready for a full day in Seattle. The rooms were clean and very nice. We received fresh towels every day. We didn't have a chance to visit but we heard the gym was very nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay downtown but not pay quite as much as some of the other hotels. It was walking distance from everything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We're so glad that we helped your difficult day end well. We always want to provide genuine hospitality to our guests and ensure that they feel welcomed and comfortable, it's wonderful that this is what you experienced. We would love to have you stay with us again during your next trip to Seattle.

washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here last year because I was attending a concert acrossed the street and I wanted to stay close by so we could just walk and it was the closest hotel to the venue. I was SO extremely happy with it. I love that it's a green and eco friendly hotel as a "wannabe hippie" this made me very pleased. We used our triple A card and with that, it gave us breakfast for free in their restaurant on site and I again was very pleased mostly organic food and SUPER yummy! hotel is very modern and I have no complaints. Bed was comfy, bathroom spacious, very clean. Parking was a little pricey but this is downtown seattle and thats to be expected.

Room Tip: definitely eat in the restaurant!
Green Features: I LOVE this aspect of it!! Makes me feel very good about staying here, the toilet was easy to use, the decor was all still very modern looking, everything about it was wonderful
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visit Seattle often, and have stayed at many of its finest hotels (including Westin, Sheraton, Renaissance and many more). The Hyatt at Olive 8 is by far the best hotel I've stayed at.

This is a new hotel with very clean and comfortable rooms. The space in the room is very well utilized, the furniture is nice, the bed is comfortable and the lighting is pleasant.

However, the thing I liked the most in this hotel is the attention to details. All those little things that annoy me in most hotels were absent here. The internet service was superb, the bed sheets are not too warm and not too cold, the air conditioner is easy to control (and also obedient), all the electrical outlets are easy to reach, the lighting is easy to control, the towels are soft, the room was (by default) equipped with a bathrobe, toothpaste, q-tips and cotton balls, the TV was of a high quality and there was an empty mini-bar to store my food. In addition, the gym is fantastic. It so well equipped compared to other hotel gyms that it saved me from going to my regular Seattle gym.

It was a great pleasure to stay there, and I will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to ensure that our guests have everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. That's wonderful that you got to try out the fitness center and hope that your visit also included a dip in our heated saline-lap pool. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Orinda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Wow from the lobby to the rooms to the resturant-this is a great downtown local-that is youthful and clean and modern-attending a conference and will be abck. Great rate and I loved my stay-wish I had time for spa

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!