“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wisconsin
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I travel a fair amount for business and this is the nicest hotel that I've stayed at in quite some time. The exterior decor is striking. The front desk staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful as was the concierge. The rooms were very clean and without odor. The toiletries are good quality, too. On the last night, my sink drain backed up with some foul ooze. I notified the front desk upon check out and was immediately provided a discount on my stay. Very, very nice place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. It's so great when our guests feel accomodated and comfortable as our goal is always to exceed your expectations. We apologize if the issue you experienced caused you any inconvenience, but it is wonderful that rectification was promptly and adequately handeled. We would love to welcome you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Olive 8 Hyatt is a really nice hotel green hotel. The rooms are well appointed, clean and comfy. The water pressure was great and no issues with sound (not sure what the other reviewer's experience was related to water pressure and noise). The staff is very friendly and helpful. This was a local weekend getaway for me and my husband to see a show in Seattle. We really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel to out-of-towners along with people local to the Seattle area. The location is near the major shopping area in downtown and near Pike Place, the waterfront and to the monorail for a quick ride to Seattle Center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Was here for 3 nights for a tech conference in July 2013. Had a wonderful time, very knowledgeable staff and their concierge was excellent.

Our wifi was free because of the conference but warning to other travelers, wifi is not usually free. I think it's $8.95/day.

Location was 2 blocks away from Convention Center and a short walk to the major shopping streets and Pike Place.

Rooms were spacious and super nice!

Perfect place for business travelers, as they have a large business station (ports/printer) on a big desk right in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lower 48
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

To fully enjoy this hotel you need to share their commitment to the "green" movement. Everything is oriented around saving energy and resources as gracefully as possible. Examples: to power up lights and AC, your room card must be inserted in a socket. The "refrigerator" is an unpowered insulated box.

Our "corner king" room was huge, with a walk-in shower (no door needed) and a very useful desk, with outlets on top and even an hdmi connection to the tv.

Housekeeping is excellent, prompt, and spotless.

Parking is expensive, but you're downtown in a big city, so what would you expect?

Room Tip: Try the corner king room for great views and space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I planned my 20th anniversary without telling my wife that we are travelling to Seattle and Vancouver that week. So I made my airline reservations from Tampa to Seattle and reserved Five nights at Hyatt Olive 8 (and later extended it to a sixth night). I ended up telling my wife that we are travelling to Seattle without the kids a couple of days before our departure, but never told her what is waiting for her there. I called the hotel a day before our trip started and told them that it is our 20th anniversary and that I needed an upgrade to a corner room if possible. No surprise to me, they were very receptive and even offered me a very nice upgrade for a very small price. when we got there, they took us to a very nice corner room with panoramic views of the city. They put chocolate and nice drinks in the room, complimentary. They also left a nice note congratulating us of our 20th anniversary. They also included full breakfast every day for two in their restaurant, which was rather great.

The room was spacious, the views were great, the food was delicious, and most importantly, they made us feel very special.

THANK YOU HYATT SEATTLE AT OLIVE 8 FOR YOUR GREAT HOSPITALITY!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a corner room, it is really worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you decided to spend your anniversary with us! It's such a pleasure for us to be able to surprise and delight our guests especially on wonderful occaisions such as this. We hope the rest of your trip went just as well and would love to have you back with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Brand-new hotel, very clean, staff was extremely nice. However, the only two things I care about in a hotel (quiet; good [hot] water pressure), I found sorely lacking here. The walls/doors seemed paper-thin and the low-flow shower heads totally sucked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review; your comfort and happiness is our number one priority here at the Hyatt at Olive 8. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your stay was anything less than perfect, our goal is always to exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we always appreciate any feedback that will help us grow and improve. We hope this will not deter you from choosing Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I picked this hotel for upcoming Sakura-Con back in March. I flew into Seattle and took the light rail to downtown. It's a 5 minute walk to get to the hotel which makes it very convenient. The hotel was very clean and organized and check in was fast. It's modern, staff was helpful with requests, nice indoor pool and hot tub. I didn't care about the "green hotel" certification stuff I mainly just used the room to sleep in and I was gone all day so if that's the stuff you're into go for it. My room had a "refrigerator lite" which is just a really low powered refrigerator that's only good enough to chill a drink. The outside illuminations look cool. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!