“Great location, great gym” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great location, great gym”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

All in all, another example of Hyatt's consistent classy execution. The hotel has a great location for business and for tourism. It is about a two block walk from Nordstroms and other major shopping locales. It is about a 15 minute walk to the Pike's Fish Market.

The gym was a real standout, definitely one of the nicest that I have seen in a big city hotel. Large and spacious with lots of equipment and a nice view over downtown Seattle.

The bathroom was large and well lit with a great shower. No tub though, I assume that would violate their green commitments.

You definitely cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It's wonderful that our location gives our guests easy access to great shopping and entertainment. We are happy that we can provide the wonderful amenities like the 24 hour fitness center and the heated saline lap pool that helps our guests maintain their daily routines but also helps them relax. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Porto San Paolo, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked this Hotel since the fedback on trip advisor was poisitive, but we had a very bad exoperience:
1. everything was not incuded (not even WIFI connecctoin) that now days you get free even at Holiday Inn Express

2. My husbunds AARP was n ot recognised, since they said there were no available rooms

3. The only way to park here is by means of "Wallett Parking" and this costs 30 extra dollars.

Just to make it short, as I said, stay away from this Hotel!

Room Tip: Stay away from this Hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review; your comfort and happiness is our number one priority here at the Hyatt at Olive 8. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your stay was anything less than perfect. We are a full service hotel with numerous amenities such as Valet parking and Wifi all priced comparably with other full service hotels in Seattle. AARP is an honored rate when available and booked in advance and prior to arrival. We also proudly offer parking and internet inclusive packages for guests looking for those options. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations and we always appreciate any feedback that will help us grow and improve. We hope this will not deter you from choosing Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay of 3 nights in this hotel - very modern but pleasantly so, well equipped for the current traveler with electrical outlets in all the right places! There was a fridge - perfect to keep my water and snacks cold, and a coffee maker with good quality coffee - again, perfect for an easterner who needs her coffee early in the morning.
The location was great for Convention Centre and many many dining options. I was traveling on business so I suspect that I would find it a little too expensive for my private budget (especially if I had to pay extra for internet - it was free with my reservation due to the meeting I was attending), but I was very happy with my choice.
I had also booked a room for a meeting at the hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and with a nice view. However, the cost (including a phone line but not Internet) was quite high; and the service was rather less than stellar: even though we called in for assistance, no one showed up. My credit card was also charged an extra amount almost two weeks after I checked out, apparently for the "difference" in real costs, which I so far refused to pay.
A lovely hotel, but watch your step and bill with any extras!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Monte Nido, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Regrettably I spent only one quick night here, but I loved it.
The staff was friendly, the food was good, the rooms were nice and big.
I noticed no bath, a trend I see more and more, but the bathroom was still nice.
Would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We're happy you had a good stay, however brief it may have been. It is always a goal of ours to make sure that all of our guests are accomdated and delighted no matter how long the duration of their trip might be. We would love to welcome you back if you get the chance to visit Seattle again.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent four days in Seattle over Memorial weekend. We found the Hyatt at Olive 8 was a great hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel is very green with great amenities and an upscale restaurant. The room in the hotel was very comfortable and very modern with a very nice bathroom and shower area, including a smoked glass sliding door for the bathroom. The location of the hotel was excellently centered in the city and very close to all the touristy area's, and only two blocks or so away from the West Lake Link Station and the monorail to the Seattle Space Needle. We could not have been any happier with our entire experience with the hotel and in Seattle generally.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at the Hyatt at Olive 8, we try to do everything keeping the "Green" idea in mind while still maintaining the luxury of an upscale hotel. We are happy that you experienced this and that we helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent three nights here and were overall pleased with our stay.
Pros:
-Location was fantastic! We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go!
-Concierge was helpful with umbrella loaning and directions for getting to where we needed to be.
-Room had a nice city view and was both clean and spacious.

Cons:
-There were literally only two towels in the bathroom which for the two of us, wasn't enough. (I like to have one for my body and one to wrap around my wet hair while I get ready and my husband can make do with one.) We called and asked for extra towels to be brought up along with a tooth brush (I'd forgotten mine!) and they brought up the toothbrush but not the towels. And for washcloths, I do not like to re-use mine, I prefer a clean one each use. With only two washcloths, this wasn't possible. I had to re-use the one I washed my face with the night before when I showered the next morning and I hate that.
-The toiletries were never refilled/replaced during our stay. We ran out of shampoo and body wash on the second day.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay here and would very likely return again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for couple of nights, we checked in a little early, even though room was not huge, however it was clean and bathroom was topnotch............internet was free.........location was great 5 min walk from monorail and LINK.............i would definitely recommend anyone coming to seattle for a vacation to choose this hotel........especially for its location.