“Modern luxury” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Guelph, Canada
“Modern luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay of 3 nights in this hotel - very modern but pleasantly so, well equipped for the current traveler with electrical outlets in all the right places! There was a fridge - perfect to keep my water and snacks cold, and a coffee maker with good quality coffee - again, perfect for an easterner who needs her coffee early in the morning.
The location was great for Convention Centre and many many dining options. I was traveling on business so I suspect that I would find it a little too expensive for my private budget (especially if I had to pay extra for internet - it was free with my reservation due to the meeting I was attending), but I was very happy with my choice.
I had also booked a room for a meeting at the hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and with a nice view. However, the cost (including a phone line but not Internet) was quite high; and the service was rather less than stellar: even though we called in for assistance, no one showed up. My credit card was also charged an extra amount almost two weeks after I checked out, apparently for the "difference" in real costs, which I so far refused to pay.
A lovely hotel, but watch your step and bill with any extras!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Monte Nido, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Regrettably I spent only one quick night here, but I loved it.
The staff was friendly, the food was good, the rooms were nice and big.
I noticed no bath, a trend I see more and more, but the bathroom was still nice.
Would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We're happy you had a good stay, however brief it may have been. It is always a goal of ours to make sure that all of our guests are accomdated and delighted no matter how long the duration of their trip might be. We would love to welcome you back if you get the chance to visit Seattle again.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent four days in Seattle over Memorial weekend. We found the Hyatt at Olive 8 was a great hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel is very green with great amenities and an upscale restaurant. The room in the hotel was very comfortable and very modern with a very nice bathroom and shower area, including a smoked glass sliding door for the bathroom. The location of the hotel was excellently centered in the city and very close to all the touristy area's, and only two blocks or so away from the West Lake Link Station and the monorail to the Seattle Space Needle. We could not have been any happier with our entire experience with the hotel and in Seattle generally.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at the Hyatt at Olive 8, we try to do everything keeping the "Green" idea in mind while still maintaining the luxury of an upscale hotel. We are happy that you experienced this and that we helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent three nights here and were overall pleased with our stay.
Pros:
-Location was fantastic! We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go!
-Concierge was helpful with umbrella loaning and directions for getting to where we needed to be.
-Room had a nice city view and was both clean and spacious.

Cons:
-There were literally only two towels in the bathroom which for the two of us, wasn't enough. (I like to have one for my body and one to wrap around my wet hair while I get ready and my husband can make do with one.) We called and asked for extra towels to be brought up along with a tooth brush (I'd forgotten mine!) and they brought up the toothbrush but not the towels. And for washcloths, I do not like to re-use mine, I prefer a clean one each use. With only two washcloths, this wasn't possible. I had to re-use the one I washed my face with the night before when I showered the next morning and I hate that.
-The toiletries were never refilled/replaced during our stay. We ran out of shampoo and body wash on the second day.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay here and would very likely return again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for couple of nights, we checked in a little early, even though room was not huge, however it was clean and bathroom was topnotch............internet was free.........location was great 5 min walk from monorail and LINK.............i would definitely recommend anyone coming to seattle for a vacation to choose this hotel........especially for its location.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a beautiful, new high rise hotel in a decent stretch of downtown Seattle. It's close to the train, attractions, and great dining options. What sets this apart from the plethora of lodging options is the salt water lap pool and adjacent restrooms that contain saunas and steam rooms. It's all calm and restorative, like having a spa visit wrapped into your hotel stay. And, if you want to go a step further, they DO have a spa for massages, facials, etc.
Everything else about this hotel is nice - immensely comfortable bed, tasteful decor, and a great restaurant/ bar. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: After staying here twice, I found that prices drop a week or two before a set date. It's awesome...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It's so wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love that we are able to offer our guests a relaxing getaway from traveling and work with our wonderful facilities. The heated saline lap-pool and full-service organic spa help us cater to that very goal. We look forward to helping you relax again during your next visit to Seattle.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I chose to have my wedding reception at the Hyatt Olive 8. I couldn't have made a better decision, other than my choice of bride, of course! The entire team at the Hyatt - right from Catering to Banquet to Front Desk to Room Service - are all top notch. They took care of my wedding party like they would their own, all of us thoroughly enjoyed the world class gym and swimming pool, and we have a lifetime of memories etched in our minds thanks to the hospitality we received.

As a consultant, staying at hotels is part of my job description. I am yet to receive such exemplary service in my two years of traveling. Big props to Kelli Peterson, Chef Greg, Chef Ryan, and the banquet team led by Darren and Luke. The team accommodated my decor requests, learned how to cook Indian food, and even let me into their kitchen to explain the nuances of Indian cooking. My one regret is I didn't get to taste what are being described as the tastiest samosas on the West Coast at my own reception! :) As regrets go, that's a minor one to have...

I chose the Olive 8 because its LEED certification appealed to my sensibilities. In the future, I will stay at the property because I cannot think of a better place to stay in downtown Seattle. It's walking distance from everything you want to do - eat, shop, socialize, drink, party, entertain yourself, educate yourself (the library), et al. In the words of the departed Roger Ebert: 5 Thumbs Up!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! And Congratualtions on the wedding! We are so happy that we could share such a wonderful occaision with you and make it that much better. It is such a joy for us to be able to delight our guests and exceed their expectations. We would love to welcome you back to the Olive 8 on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!