“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cordova, Alaska
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I got a room package here for one night while we were in town and it was amazing! The room was great, the only part we didn't like was that our window was staring into apartments windows so people could see right into the room but that is most places downtown. Great location! We loved that we could walk everywhere that we wanted to go! The staff was very friendly and great to work with. We got a couples massage at the spa and it was amazing! We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely recommend it to anyone in Seattle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfect location for the hotel in downtown Seattle. Walking distance to Pikes Place and the waterfront. Downtown location perfect for getting to the space needle from the monorail. Clean, nice hotel. Lovely pool and spa.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review. We love that we are just a 10 minute walk to Pikes Place Market and an even shorter walk to Nordstroms and the Monorail. Since your comfort and happiness are our number one priority here at the Hyatt at Olive 8, it's wonderful that the room and amenities helped you relax and have a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in the past year. Great hotel. Lovely rooms, facilities and friendly effective staff. Salt water pool and lovely steam, sauna with adjacent spa. I think the hotel price reasonable, although I probably would have been a bit annoyed if I had to pay for Wi Fi. The first time it was free and the second time I had a conference. Attractive, clean and friendly with nice amenities.

• Stayed January 2013
Pasco, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Very pretty, great location. Within walking distance of great restaraunts and shops. The rooms were very clean and beds very comfy. Will definantly be staying there again. There was a fee every night for parking, but It seems in seattle you pay that at almost every hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel offers a traveler the benefits of a perfect downtown Seattle location for shopping, sightseeing, and gluttony; a clean and comfortable room with all the expected updated amenities; perfect bed with an abundance of pillows and fresh linens; the best cup of coffee from a hotel cafe encountered, well, ever; and free umbrellas for those frequent rain showers you'll likely encounter during most of the winter months. The hot tub, sauna, and fitness center were almost always quiet and free of many other guests too, which made relaxing there a private, privileged experience. The staff in the cafe, Dusty and Greg, were AWESOME --- just so kind, courteous, and professional. They acknowledged my partner's and my wedding day at the Seattle courthouse with a tone of happiness and celebration that will sustain us when we return to the politically unenlightened State where we live. (They also tried to remember our coffee orders from previous visits --- another sign of their outstanding service.) These are some of the hotel's major strengths, which definitely would bring me back again. The only downsides had to do with the bathroom and the hotel's restaurant, Urbane. Bathroom: the somewhat flimsy sliding door on the bathroom, while attractive, was not very private feeing; the incomplete shower door (the glass stopped halfway down the length of the shower and was wide open after that) allowed none of the accumulation of steam and warmth that I usually want in a nice shower; and the lack of a fan were just not very good ideas, design-wise. Restaurant: Pretty good food but marred with poor, inconsiderate service. I would recommend many other restaurants in the vicinity before I would recommend this one, unfortunately, but at the same time would recommend a stay at this hotel and patronage of the hotel's cafe with great enthusiasm! Maybe I will become a fan of Hyatt establishments after all!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I participated in an event here recently and everything was wonderful, from the food & beverage to design and execution. In particular, the tech guy who managed the AV portion was very friendly, knowledgable and flexible.

Room Tip: I did not stay as guest, so some of the items are not reviewd.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in the middle of January and got a great deal directly thru Hyatt's website. Special thanks to Andrew and Peter at the front desk and concierge - when I first checked in I was given a room on the 7th floor right by the elevator, even though I asked to be higher up and in a quiet room. Upon asking, I was moved to the 16th floor and as far from the elevator as it gets. I had no issues at all with hall or neighboring room noise.

This hotel is 5 minutes from Westlake and about a 15 minute walk to anywhere in the city. I made it off my plane, got my bag, took the light rail into town, walked to the hotel, checked-in, and was in my room in about an hour. There are several restaurants in the area, good shopping, bars, etc. It's an easy walk to the market and waterfront, and the Monorail stop is about 3 blocks away which will take you straight to the Space Needle (if you want to do the typical tourist thing)

The hotel is very modern both in the common areas and in the rooms. My room's view was to the northeast - and although not much of a view looking into other high-rises - it was still cool being on a high floor (17 is as high as it gets). The bed was very comfortable and it was easy to adjust heat/cold on the thermostat (all LEED certified and controlled by your room key). The bathroom was clean and bright and I had plenty of good pressure hot water. There's a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room - pretty standard. I used the pool (which has music playing underwater), hot tub and steam room every night I was here - all were excellent. I didn't use the spa or fitness room but saw them both and they looked nice. The restaurant and bar area on the main floor was packed every time I passed by, so I never stopped to check it out. Room service food was good and delivered quickly, but ridiculously overpriced, as expected. I ordered a chicken sandwich one late night while working and with a glass of juice it came to more than $30. The next day I walked (literally) across the street to Subway and got the same thing for $10.

My only two complaints are - one, no free WIFI - and two, weak TV channel lineup. The lack of free WIFI is enough to drop this hotel to 4/5 stars instead of 5 stars. It's really a shame considering most major hotels in the country offer complimentary internet access - even Hyatt Place by the Space Needle provides it for free. As if it wasn't enough that you have to pay for internet access - the connection options are tiered - $10 for 24hrs of "barely broadband" or $15 for 24hrs of 6Mbps. For anyone here on business - consider the difference of $5. I could barely stay connected to my VPN on the cheaper tier. The channel lineup isn't as big of a deal, but still, disappointing for such a nice hotel. Maybe 25 channels total - all basics, no guide. There's an input box on the desk that you can plug your laptop into and pass video to the TV - I wish I had known. Bring an HDMI cable.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again. The location is unbeatable and the rooms are very comfortable. Just try to score a discount - it'll help balance out the nonsense of paying for internet

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!