“Sleep-plus in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sleep-plus in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great hotel! The location is superb - right off of a major shopping area and close (if you enjoy walking) to many of Seattle's attractions. The room was clean, large, and modern. The hotel offers two Happy Hours daily (one in early evening and the other late night). Since we arrived around 10:00pm, we took advantage of the $4 drafts and reduced price bar food ($2 sliders, $4 decadent mac and cheese, etc.). It was a perfect way to take the edge off. A wonderful breakfast was included daily in our room rate - Urbane Restaurant offers a selection of local and traditional fare (highly recommend the omelette with smoked salmon and the tall stack of blueberry pancakes). The presentation is wonderful and the taste is sublime. Service was friendly and efficient. We did take the light rail from Sea-Tac to hotel. It was simple (took time to get from terminal to rail platform) and cheap ($2.25 one way). We would have used it on the return, but the light rail's hours of operation didn't work with our very early departure time. On the last night, we had a group of partiers next door who were obnoxiously loud, but we did not let that spoil our two perfect days in Seattle. When we return, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

959 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you ever need to travel to Seattle for business or holiday the Hyatt at Olive 8 is a really good hotel. Close to everything, with good facilities the hotel was fine except for Room 662. This pigeon hole they called a room was more a laundry cupboard than a room you would expect at a Hyatt

Room Tip: change if you get 662
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First, let me say this is my very first review on TripAdvisor. My colleague and I stayed here while attending a conference. I had reserved the premier room with 2 queen beds. I was promptly greeted upon arrival by the valet staff. The front desk staff was just as friendly and helpful. The room was on the corner and was huge! There was a panoramic view of the streets surrounding the room. The bed was so comfortable-like sleeping on a cloud. The pillows were super soft and cozy. Plus, there was plenty of room for our suitcases. We thought we would need help getting our "presentation" to the Convention Center (2 blocks away) and asked the concierge for suggestions. He offered to take it over for us on a cart! How is that for customer service?! The housekeeping staff was just as helpful and accommodating. The only complaint I have was about the last night of our stay. Our "neighbors" decided to have a "party" complete with loud music and talking, laughing, hollering. We hoped they would quieten down since it was 2:00 AM but the noise went on until around 3:00 or 4:00. When I checked out, the lady asked me about my stay. I told her it was outstanding except for that one incident (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hotel itself). She became very apologetic and actually "reprimanded" me for not calling the front desk so they could alert security. :-) She apologized numerous times and even took care of the valet charge for me because of the incident. I was absolutely blown away by this. She did not in any way have to do that. Hyatt Olive 8 truly went above and beyond for us. I always try to stay at Hyatt properties while traveling because of the quality of the rooms and the service. However, this hotel brought excellent customer service to a whole new level. They deserve the "Best Hyatt Hotel Award!"

Room Tip: Premier Rooms are at the end of the hall and offer panoramic views. Make sure to request a higher fl...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in Seattle for a teachers' conference and this was one of the hotels offered when I registered. It wasn't my first choice but I am so glad that I stayed here and not the other hotels offered. Everyone working at the hotel was welcoming and nice. There were two times that I rode in the elevator with people working at the Hyatt. Both times, they asked if I was happy with my room and the service. They asked if there was anything that I needed. I was very impressed with ALL of the employees. One morning, I bought a coffee and a banana at the market on the first floor. The person working behind the counter gave me two bananas for the price of one because he thought that they were charging too much for just one banana. My room was clean and comfortable. I didn't mind the lighting system. It was convenient because the lights that were on when I left were the ones that turned back on when I put the card in the slot. I ate at Urbane, the restaurant, twice during my stay. The service was excellent and so was the food. My family visits Seattle often. I will recommend they stay at this hotel everytime they go to Seattle.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I liked the sleek, modern design and environmental responsibility at the brand new Hyatt at Olive 8. It is located in the theater district of downtown Seattle, within walking distance to Seattle’s most famous attractions, shopping, the convention center, restaurants and the historic Pike Place Market. Unlike the Grand Hyatt with lots of groups, it is a lot more personal and cozy.

They offer a nice SPA with excellent service and a well equipped gym with a lap pool . I have used a suite upgrade award and enjoyed the spectacular view on the 17th floor. When back in Seattle, I will definitively return to Olive 8!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I found this hotel almost by accident, and couldn't be happier I did. I was planning a romantic weekend away, with intentions of proposing to my girlfriend. I contacted the Hyatt through facebook, who put me in touch with the concierge at this hotel. He was very helpful (even when I contacted him months in advance with my initial questions), he assisted me in planning/booking the night & offered suggestions I hadn't even thought about. He even found us in the lobby when we came down to meet our car & pointed us in the right direction, when he had never formally met us.
Our room was beautiful, we thoroughly enjoyed the corner room with large windows (as others have commented, the view is nothing to write home about given the downtown location - but we enjoyed people watching & didn't mind the bit of a view we did have. It's not wall-to-wall buildings downtown, it was nice to have time to check out the area from our room). I also liked the 'green' features of the hotel - I work in a LEED certified building at home, so I was more than happy to stay at one on holidays.
The staff were very attentive, we called down to ask for a bathrobe after midnight & had one delivered to our door within minutes by a very friendly gentleman. Our bag was left behind by the airline due to a close connection with our flights, and the staff were very helpful getting it to us in time to make our reservations for our big night.
The location is excellent, we were easily within walking distance of virtually anything we wanted to do. We didn't need to rent a car, as we were two blocks from the light rail station - a quick 40 min train ride from Sea-tac delivered us almost right to our hotel for $2.75 each, compared to the hassle of renting a car & then parking it downtown. I also enjoyed that they had umbrellas at the desk for guests, like us, who didn't have one for our travels.
If I had to come up with anything I wasn't excited about, the only thing I could name is paying for wifi ($9.95 or $14.95 for 24 hours), and that wasn't anything to get upset about.
I've stayed in many hotels all over the US, including a few in Seattle, and this hotel was easily in my favorites. It was clean, the staff were all awesome to deal with (especially Chuck - thanks for everything), and I couldn't really have asked for a better location for our purposes for the weekend. I will definitely stay here again when we return to Seattle in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The focus of downtown Seattle's activity has moved, block by block, northward over the past century. Recent construction and current commercial vitality puts this hotel right at the vital core of the city, within an easy walk to most everything.

This is accommodating accommodation. Two comfortable chairs are set flanking a marble table at exactly the proper distance and angle for easy TV viewing and coffee/martini sipping. The work station has an easily adjustable chair and convenient desktop level outlets and inputs for all electronic devices. The space is thoughtfully arranged for ease of movement and a sense of expansiveness.

The bed and pillows are superb, inviting you to indulge yourself on the occassional grey morning. The bathroom is very commodius with a large shower and contemporary fixtures. It's a bright room with ample magnification. A nice touch is the dimmer which allows subdued light to filter through the translucent, sliding door--No bumping around at night.

The finest of materials have been used everywhere--lots of mirrors, chrome, granite and marble. The rooms are harmoniously warm-neutral. A tasteful, restrained and, ulttimately, elegant hotel.

Locals tell me the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast among the city's best.

The only drawback is Hyatt's eagerness to overcharge for every extra--the cash machine in the hotel charged 10%. Internet is pricy.

As a Philadelphian, but 60 year resident of Seattle, I would not consider any other hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!