“Classy Modern Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orangeville ON
“Classy Modern Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 in July 2012. It was pricey but definitely worth the stay. The rooms were modern, tasteful, comfortable and quiet. Not much of a view from our room but that is to be expected when you are in the middle of high rise buildings. The pool and hot tub were great with early and late hours. We didn't use the fitness centre, but it looked very well equipped. We ended up including the breakfast package with our stay, even though we thought it was a little pricely. We like the convenience of eating at the hotel. We were SO glad we did. The food was AMAZING, not matter what we ate. Just thinking again about the salmon omelete makes my mouth water. Even the coffee was fantastic. I would go there to eat even if I wasn't staying at the hotel. The location of the hotel was good ... we walked to everything so we didn't need our car the days we were in town. We used the valet parking which was expensive but convenient. There is a parking lot across from the hotel if you don't want to pay for valet parking. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again if I return to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! Things were terrific from the moment we arrived. The staff was friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The food and cocktails were fantastic - try the clams with saffron! Our room was large, super clean, and perfectly located next to the Paramount Theater, the light rail, and, an easy walk to the waterfront. We were also impressed that the Olive 8 recycles and makes it easy to be energy efficient.

My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After I got past the shock of the crazy parking fees, the rest of the stay was amazing. The rooms are new and fresh. They have a great modern feel and are really comfortable. The facilities are beyond compare for this price range. Saline pool (with under water spa music), huge hot tub, steam room and sauna with free lockers.

There is also a full service spa that you can take advantage of as well. Another thing that stuck out was their commitment to "Green". They've made many efforts for in-room energy efficiency, recycling, and water runoff retention on property.

Would definitely stay here again when in Seattle!

Room Tip: Request a room over looking the "courtyard" for a quieter room. Courtyard is really just...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Waddell, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Can't say enough good things! Had a fantastic stay here for our trip in Seattle.

Location: The hotel is a short walk from the light rail which we used to get to our baseball game at the SafeCo stadium, as well as getting to the hotel from the airport. It was also a short walk to the monorail which took us to the Seattle Center that had the space needle. We walked to the pier, pikes place market, and throughout beautiful downtown. We had not problem with getting around just using our feet and a double stroller. No need to rent a car.

Rooms: We had a 4 year old, 3 year old, and 5 month old with us and the hotel was quite accommodating. They brought us a crib which came with a little pack of baby shampoo, lotion, diaper cream, and a rubber duck for our room. The bathrooms were clean as well as the rooms. Beds were VERY comfortable and we slept great! The view was nice.

Pool: Pool area was very clean and had an awesome locker room that had shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, razors, q-tips, hair ties, pretty much anything you could need! The whirlpool was nice and there was hardly anyone there so the kids could laugh and play and carry on.

Food: We ate at the restaurant there (can't remember the name) and it was DELICIOUS! Also had drinks at the bar, and the bar tender treated us very well.

Hospitality: The icing on the cake was when we had gone out for an evening walk, we came back to our room to find a bottle of Champaign as well as milk and cookies for the kids!!! Not sure who was more excited... my husband and I or the kids! :) The staff was always very nice and one of the nights a friend and I went down to the sauna (after it should have closed) and the staff just continued to clean the rest of the locker room and didn't ask us to leave or were rude when we tip toed out at 11pm. (Thanks guys! My friend and I had a bit of girl talk to do!)

To sum it up, I was worried that this hotel would be to "fancy" for children, but the staff treated us very well and we felt more than welcome to be there! Would definitely recommend it and would love to visit again. Next time I would love to check out the spa!

If I HAD to make a complaint I would say the rooms were smaller than I expected and the television had limited channels. Doesn't even matter though... the rest more than exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I come to Seattle several times a year. This hotel is always our first choice. We like their attention to recycling and energy efficiency, without compromising comfort and style. The rooms are well-appointed, but not luxurious. Great downtown location and friendly, efficient staff. Nice indoor pool too!

• Stayed October 2012
Overlea, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel was perfectly situated to the Hertz rental location we utilized, the light rail, the ferry, and downtown attractions. I had read previous reviews about noise coming through the walls and I was concerned about that, however, it was perfectly quiet during our stay. I didn't hear any activity from the adjacent rooms. The room was very clean and the bed incredibly comfortable. The staff was both accomodating and pleasant. I had read complaints about checking in taking a long time, however, we had no issues. Another plus for me was that this hotel didn't come up as having any bed bug complaints within the past 12 months - I now check hotels for bed bug reviews prior to booking. Overall, I was very happy and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Perfect location. Within walking distance to Pike Place, Ferry service, Metro, which takes you to and from Sea Tac, & Bus service was right out the front door. Breakfast was delicious! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt At Olive 8? Share your experiences!