“Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great Hostel, Great Location, and Nice staff!! I would stay here again!! I was in dorm with it's own bath and 4 beds total. It was nice, great people at the front and lite breakfast in the morning....I stayed 2 nights....much better than the American hotel (HI International) that I refused to stay at again because of it's location! This was a safe place, befter location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights over the Canadian long weekend in August with family that included two young children. We managed to get a room to ourselves, which was fantastic for obvious reasons.

Hostel is close to most major attractions & sights plus the downtown core. Even walking from the football stadium at the other end of town didn't take long. The area immediately around the hostel is undergoing major gentrification and felt pretty safe. The hostel itself had great security.

Didn't use the cooking facilities. Breakfast in the morning was basic but good. The bathrooms were kept pretty clean for a hostel and the amount of patrons using them. Carpets in our room could've done with a clean. Staff were incredibly friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Cape Porpoise, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here before and after our cruise to Alaska. It was convenientd provded ease of access to th NCL cruise ship. The staff is helpful beyond expectation. It is spotless. tat dingy. Great value!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Marcos, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had reservations about making reservations here. Namely, because when I think of hostels the word "youth" goes right in front, and youthful is no longer my forte (46); and the thought of a communal bathroom always makes me a little nervous. However, I spend very little time in my room as a traveler, and this was such an affordable place in such a great location. So, I reserved one of the private rooms and reassured myself that it was only for a couple of nights. As it turned out, it was a great place to stay.

The folks that work here are about the friendliest people I have ever encountered. They let us stow our luggage before we checked in so we could go out and see the city, and they really made us feel welcome. Our room was just as cool as it could be. It had a little sink with hot and cold water, clothes rack to hang your stuff, a little desk, and about 1 billion faces painted on the wall by a local artist - very unique. Our windows opened (actually opened) and we were able to look down on the street at all the people hanging around. Made me wish I WAS a teenager out staying in such a cool place, seeing the world for the first time and meeting people from all over.

I never lacked for a bathroom or saw anyone coming in and out of them. Our room was right by a very large bathroom with a bathtub/shower/toilet - not a communal bathroom at all - just a shared one. Water was nice and hot. And it was very, very clean. Everything was very very clean.

Had the complimentary breakfast the next day and thought it was just as good if not better than any other complimentary breakfast I've ever had. The hostel is in a great location. My Orca card was wasted because we were able to walk or bike to anything that we wanted to see. I guess we were also a little worried about whether it would be noisy, but I thought that our room was fairly quiet and peaceful. I could hear the people on the street every once in a while, but nothing that kept me awake.

Should I ever need a place to stay in the city again, I wouldn't hesitate to try here first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place is the bomb. I had such a great time! The staff was super friendly- mary, Natalia, Christian, Ari, jamil... you all rock. I loved that this place was a work stay hostel because it was a nice mix of Americans and other tr even if the travellers left, the were This place is the bomb. I had such a great time! The staff was super friendly- mary, Natalia, Christian, Ari, jamil... you all rock! I loved that this place was a work stay hostel because it was a nice mix of Americans and other travellers, so even if the travellers left, there were still familiar faces to chill with! It was a great community feeling. The hostel is also impeccably clean, I was definitely impressed. They hosted a few events like bbqs and pub crawls, which were also a ton of fun. I overall had a great time thank you so much!

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay with a definite "feel" of Seattle. Located in a great spot in Belltown with easy access to both the downtown area, as well as easy to explore other neighborhoods. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. The rooms were my favorite part! Art galore and put together with a great eye for color, composition and lighting. I had a private room and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the people who stayed here. Lots of really really great restaurants nearby, well worth a visit. I would highly recommend this to those traveling solo/young couples/groups of friends.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs. Since it is a hostel, walls are thin and it can get loud.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I came here with the intention of just staying somewhere between sightseeing.

However, the friendliness and courteousness of the staff could not be faulted, I witnessed them phone over 8 different hotels in trying to get a couple a room.

Rooms were wonderfully painted by local artists and, although functional, were perfect for my needs.

Bathrooms and showerrooms were cared for and clean and the free breakfast showed a level of attention to needs that you might find in a higher end hotel.

In short, I was amazed by this gem and will certainly use it next time I come here

• Stayed July 2013

Been to City Hostel Seattle? Share your experiences!