“Can't bit the price!!” 5 of 5 stars

2327 2nd Ave., Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Bloomfield, MI
“Can't bit the price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Perfect if you travel on budget!. Four of us stayed there while visiting Seattle. Very clean room, bathrooms, free wi-fi and breakfast. Very friendly staff. Each room has different paintings done by local artists. Location is half way between Space Needle and Spike Market. You can walk everywhere. Many bars and restaurants around. Unfortunately there is also many homeless people around the block. Make sure to ask for room not facing street. (constant loud noises through the night...I'm a heavy sleeper and it was still bothering me)
If you love sushi WASABI bar/restaurant is a MUST. Located only 3 doors down.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street. Also it is worth to pay little bit more for a bathroom in your room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the City Hostel last weekend and I was very impressed. I had never really stayed at a hostel before but they made the whole experience very easy and pleasant.

Pros:
- Very nice building - great lobby, breakfast room, mini movie theatre, and outdoor garden patio with hot tub
- Rooms are fine and there is great artwork in each room
- Nice (and plentiful) bathrooms with tubs and showers
-Very central location in Belltown, which is an easy walk to most sights in Seattle
- Great value, we paid around $30 each per night for a bed in a four bed co-ed dorm
- In-room lockers and luggage storage for after you've checked out
- Very clean
- Friendly and helpful staff

Cons:
- Breakfast - included so it's pretty much a positive either way, but the food wasn't great, compared to other continental breakfasts I've had
- Because it is so central and located on a street with lots of nightlife, it was a bit noisy... someone also had chickens living in the alley outside our window who liked to greet the day

Anyway, overall, it was a really great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend City Hostel.

• Stayed September 2011
Beijing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

wifi was not work till 2nd day, bed pad has some stain/bed bugs,lots of homeless around......but everything is ok for the price, friendly people and nice cozy atmosphere.

Room Tip: more than 4 public bathroom each floor, bedroom w restroom in is not must. plant of kitchen ware,get...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a private room with ensuite room 301 at City Hostel, a noisy location at night. Good to be with young travelers as we are 63. Every room painted by a different Seattle artist, ours with classical drawings of rubenesque nudes. Wasn't sure about the apparent abortion scene on the ceiling! Breakfast area painted all black, too gloomy at start of the day. Great friendly service with internet and library, a supposed theatre although nothing was showing. Hostelworld quoted a price but we were charged another $30 bucks on to for taxes!!!
handbasin too small to clean teeth at and spa water was very hot so no-one used it!
Good location in downtown close to space needle park. Sqeaky bed head wasn't good.

Room Tip: Excellent kitchens fo cooking in. young travelers will love it.
Wien, Österreich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in a 4-bed dorm and it was great. The room is, in contrast to many other hostels, very spacious, lockers were in the room, even a sink was in the artistic decorated room.
There were lots of bathrooms, a kitchen in every floor, generally the Hostel was kept very neatly and clean.
Breakfast was average, nothing special but nothing to complain.
The location of the hostel was very good, just in the middle of town. Only thing is that at nights there were a few creepy people running around.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
All in all, that is how a hostel is supposed to be!

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

This place is very conveniently located and has a great feel to it. It's kept very clean and you need a key card to get into your room and the building itself. They have a library and free computers, and more bathrooms than I have ever seen in a hostel. Staff was friendly. My only complaint is that our street-facing room was VERY noisy until about 2 am (there is a nightclub nearby, apparently), so if you want a quiet room, ask for one in the back (it's a long building). Other than that, highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This was my first visit to a hostel, and it was more than what I expected. My husband and I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. My worry before we got there was that there wouldn't be enough bathrooms. I was wrong. There were at least five bathrooms on the second floor where we stayed, and I never had to wait to shower in the morning.
The hostel is located central to all the major attractions like Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and Seattle Aquarium. The area felt safe, a lot of homeless people but also quite a few cafes/bars with outdoor seating so you there were always tons of people around.
The bed was comfortable and room clean. The private room has a double bed, a dresser and bonus-a sink and mirror so you can brush your teeth without leaving the room. The only drawback was the lack of air conditioning. The room did have a large fan in it though. Luckily Seattle was bug-free for the most part so we could keep the window open.
Breakfast was simple and good. Cereal, toast and fresh fruit every morning, as well as coffee. There's also a large container of water to fill your bottle for the day.
I read an earlier review complaining about the staff, and I have no idea what there was to complain about. I found them so friendly, wishing us a good day every time we left, and greeting us every time we walked in the door. Every question we had was answered in way that made us feel like we were among friends. The service was absolutely top-notch, better than most hotels I've stayed at.
We would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive alternative to a hotel.
Oh and I must say I appreciate the free wifi!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to City Hostel Seattle? Share your experiences!