“Awesome day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 209 Activities in Seattle
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Seattle Bites specializes in only one tour - our historical and food walking tours of Pike Place Market. We are known for our LARGE and unique food offerings made especially for us while taking you behind the scenes and sharing the fascinating history of the 100-plus year-old Pike Place Market.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
“Awesome day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This tour is really fun, informative and full of delicious food. Marla is really awesome and passionate. Recommended.

Fort Lauderdale
“Food, fun and a little bit frozen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Since I can't blame Seattle Bites for the weather, I have to rate this tour 5 stars. It was windy, rainy, and very cold. And we had a blast. It was great to have an overview and history of the market, and the amount of food surprised my group of six. We came after a big breakfast and I would not advise that! There were a lot of good sized samples. Our guide, Marla, was a doll. I have weird ears (not in looks, but evidently in design) I can't wear regular earpieces, they just fall off. Marla was patient and we ended up using a bandaid to keep in on. I'm sure it was annoying, but she had a great sense of humor about it and everything else. I would do this again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Second time to do this tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I did this tour for the first time about 3 years ago and had such a good time that I was excited to do it again on a return trip to Seattle with my family. The three of us did it and all had a great time. I love the education mixed with the "noshing". :) After the tour, we spent several hours working our way or literally eating our way back to the start, hitting our favorite tasting vendors from the tour and then some.
Marla was a lovely tour guide always looking out for us when the wind or rain would spike and kept the tour at a perfect pace as well as having great interaction with her tour guests and the vendors.
You can't go wrong with this tour!

Dublin, California
18 attraction reviews
“Food + History + Fun Tour Guide = Perfect Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I decided at the last minute to do this tour. It was $40 per person, and well worth every dollar. We were in a group of eight people (including ourselves) with our tour guide, Marla. We were given a souvenir bag and a receiver so we could hear Marla over the loud noises of the market. We tried salmon flatbread, crepes, clam chowder, Indian food, fresh salmon, chocolate pasta, pickles, fresh fruit, and more. I enjoyed having someone show me around the market place and point out places to go while giving enough history to keep me interested. (I'm not much of a history person). After the tour, we went back to some of our places and purchased items from the stores. Because of the tour, we were given a discount! The only part of the tour that I found gross was the gum wall. It's cool and gross at the same time. Everything else about the tour was excellent.

Vancouver, Canada
“Market Place Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Fantastic!
What a great way to see the market place and learn some history while having fun. Truly a
fun tour for all ages. I liked the ear piece they offer to everyone prior to the tour, so that even when your at the back of the pack you can still listen to the tour guide like there right beside you.
lots of tasting and walking make sure to wear comfortable shoes and hydrate during the summer months. Tipping after the tour is customary, but not necessary, so make sure to caution for $5 a person in your group and to offer after the tour. Have fun.....we did!