“Close to Convention Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
University Place, Washington
“Close to Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We booked a one room suite for SakuraCon at the convention center. We had a 3 minute walk, very convenient. Parking garage was tight but had a valet option. We got our room very early - the staff was very pleasant. Free breakfast buffet - nice seating area. The room was nice - on the courtyard side, so no exposure to street noise. A small balcony, but too cold to use. We were fishbowled with other apts, condos and hotels, but this is downtown Seattle so...
Our room was very cold. A call to maint got a response in about 7 minutes. He was helpful and friendly and fixed the problem right away. We had a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, two burners and a microwave. Cupboards were stalked with dishes for four. The bathroom was huge, and well laid out for morning preparations. Master had a big screen (as did living room) and a nice view of courtyard.
Overall, the stay was great. My only negatives were the fridge and heating were older, so the off and on noise throughout our stay was noticable. And the sleeper sofa in the living room was a huge disappointment - mattress was super thin. We ended up putting the mattress on the floor rather than fight with the bar in the back.
We will book here again for next year, but will try for a two queen size beds.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Hello WATravelers005!

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back when you next come to Seattle!

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

I usually do not write a review while currently staying at a hotel (day 3 of 6), but I'm sitting at the hotel computer, so I thought, why not.

I'm a Hilton person, so I wanted to stay at a Hilton property. Used my points, so the stay was free. If I had to pay for this room, I might not have stayed.
While the staff was great, the room itself was not.

Even though we were on the 9th floor, it was extremely noisy outside. We were not facing Pike, but you could hear a LOT of traffic. They do have inside courtyard rooms, but that was not originally offered. The next day, I went down to the front desk to ask about anything facing inwards and they offered up another room. It wasn't as big as the first room and my wife decided not to move, so we stayed in the noisy room. Again, staff was trying to accommodate, so I'm not blaming them.

Another problem with the room was the condensation in the windows. You wake up and there is a puddle of water on the window sill. I travel all the time and have never seen that.

Breakfasts are fine and my boys are enjoying the billiards room. Wife likes the fitness room. If it wasn't for the noise, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Since our property was originally built to be condominuims, our rooms all have different layouts. It is our goal to make sure every guest is satisfied with their room and I am very sorry that the rooms available were not to your liking.

I am glad to hear that you got to take advantage of our billiards room and fitness center as well as our hot Suite Start breakfasts!

Thank you for your feedback and for your brand loyalty and I hope that you give us another chance if you come back to Seattle!

Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The enjoyed th location, continental breakfast, and rooms. It was very hard to talk to a manager that would do anything, I booked two queens and they moved me to a king suite, I needed that extra bed!! I was not happy about it, but every time I called they said a manager was never there. I wa very dissapoibte with their customer service when I was there too...Hire nice employees that love people. But other than that, the room and facility was perfect. A very good continental breakfast!!! Just makes the day so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2010
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Hello WestCoast Love-

Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel.

It is upsetting to hear that you had the type of experience that you mentioned with the staff at our hotel. This is certainly not the experience we strive to provide our guests and I am truly sorry to hear about your dissapointment. We will use your comments as a learning tool to ensure our staff is able to provide nothing less than excellent customer service to our guests.

I am, however, very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the complimentary Suite Start breakfast.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our property if you return to Seattle

Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband had a conference in downtown, and we (his 6-month-pregnant wife and our 22-month-old toddler) traveled with him. We liked everything about the hotel. The breakfast was excellent (although a bit crowded). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was very spacious (huge!). The bed was comfortable. Very nice place to stay at even with a growing family. Only thing I would change: I would put out the high chairs (don't keep them in a separate room for employees) so that families don't have to request it every time they want to eat there. With a morning crowd and a fussy toddler this would be nice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Hello LambandLion-Fish!

Thank you for your terrific review of your recent stay at our Homewood Suites Downtown Seattle.

We really have a great location and relaxing accomodations along with the excellent guest service from an experienced team of associates.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Seattle!

Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Spacious suite, fully functional kitchen, hearty breakfast and weekday dinner to boot, what's not to like.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
On behalf of my entire team, thank you for your great review on our Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Seattle.

With all of our value added amenities including Suite Start hot breakfast buffet, Welcome Home managers reception, and complimentary Wi-Fi access, whats not to like!

Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Terriific location in central Seattle, close to Conv center, hospitals and short walk to Pike St Market.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your great review on our Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Seattle.

With our superb location on the seam of downtown Seattle near the retail and theater districts, you are sure to enjoy all that Seattle has to offer.

Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Great location aided by the hotels free 'on demand' shuttle to various locations around town. Basically the hotel delivered on everything they promised, with one exception.

Their sound proofing on rooms facing the freeway is less then required. Simply put, I think the quality of their glazing is poor, too much noise is allowed in from outside. I was on the 8th floor and it still sounded like the window was open ! It didn't cause me to lose any sleep, but I can imagine it would be a problem for others. I have stayed in many, many other hotels which were located in far noisier locations, but my room was much quieter.

Breakfast is perfect, the free evening snack with wine or beer was great if you come back from work having skipped lunch. I was always greeted when returning to the hotel, which is a nice touch.

The condition of the room fixtures and fittings, in my room, was excellent. Comfy bed, great pillows (Not those ones than deflate when you put your head on them), large refrigerator, microwave, breakfast counter, clean carpets, in short, just like a new home.

As I said, 'Almost Perfect'.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

It's great to hear you were able to enjoy all the value added amenities we have to offer including our Suite Start hot breakfast buffet and Welcome Home reception.

Greg Dietl - General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!