You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geln Rock, United States
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was very happy at this hotel. NIce clean accomadations and decent breakfast. Centrally located in Seattle and close to Pikes. Hotel staff was great. Some local hidden restaurant gems up the street. Just ask the staff for reccomendations, you will not be disappointed

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Daniel P,

We appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and the helpfulness of our staff. Thanks so much for staying with us and we'll see you the next time business takes you to Seattle.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
La Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place is just simply awesome definitely my home when I am in Seattle. The 800sf. Suite is like a small luxury apartment. The bed is magical and the Views from the rooms are to die for. Not to mention a roof top pool/lounge and spa!! Brekfast and Dinner every day and a great staff. Can't beat a place like this for the price. And if that wash't enough talk about LOCATION right off Capitol Hill, and a short walk to all downtown activities such Pikes Market and Space Needle.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ramon Q,

Thank you for the great comments - our outdoor pool is not quite on our rooftop, but we do get great comments about the quiet location of the pool and the fantastic game room that goes out to the pool. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

we arrived Thursday April 17th 2014 and were expecting a two queen bed room. i was told two different things when confirming my room and got a small room with a fold out couch and a bed which was not either of what i was told.then we went downstairs to dinner and was a little disappointed with the dinner but it was alright the cookies were good. the decor of the halls are fairly unpleasant. the bed was pretty comfortable to me but was not good for my boyfriend who has a really bad back and the fold out made my sister hurt in the morning.when breakfast came we were very sad to find that all the food was fairly tasteless and unpleasant- that goes for all 3 mornings Friday, Saturday and Sunday- some of the dishes and pans in the room were left dirty for our stay and our room was gotten into by someone. who took our frying pan and went through some of our stuff. the view from the 6th floor was fairly pretty but the sounds travel well through the single pane windows and did not stop any of the traffic noise.
overall i was pretty upset for being charged more than my originally told price and having such good reviews slashed.i think i will be finding a new hotel for my groups next travels

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
CosplayJaz,

I'm sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay but I do hope you give us another chance when you come back to Seattle in the future.

Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just returned from 5 days in Seattle. This was our first time staying in the Homewood Suites, but not in a suites type hotel. This was a great stay. We liked the proximity to the tourist areas and did not feel it was too far to walk on any given day. It cost us about $46 from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at 1230 and I had asked for an early check-in, but was not anticipating it as it was so early. However, we got in early and they had our room ready! That was a pleasant surprise. The room (828) was on the side facing the city and had an okay view. The room was nicely decorated and the kitchen was big enough for us. The only downfall in the room was the couch. It was ripped in several places and the cushions were damaged. Not a great look. The bathroom is on the small side, but still well appointed. The best thing about the whole place was the full size fridge. We hate trying to load up a college dorm fridge with milk and water, so this was great. The noise from I-5 was loud if you went onto the veranda, but otherwise, it did not bother us too much. We could not figure the fireplace out, so just left it alone. There was a timer on the wall, but that did nothing. We were about 1 mile from Pike Place Market and the walk was pleasant, even with a 7-year old. The breakfast is decent with a good mix of cold and hot food. We liked the mix of the hot foods with eggs, meat and hash browns most mornings. The hash browns were always a little hard, but everything else was okay. The breakfast area gets crowded but the attendants working always moved quick to clear tables. My daughter asked if they had waffles and we thought it would have been nice to have a waffle maker. The weekday welcome home dinner was about the same with a varied menu and some choice, but not enough to satisfy us. The gym was sparse with 2 treadmills, a elliptical, bike and some weights, but the machines were on the newish side. The laundry on the 8th floor was just one washer and one dryer, so we never did find a time that it was open. There is a market 3 doors down from the hotel that has everything you might need and a deli that closes at 7pm for sandwiches. Overall, this was a great stay for us and would certainly consider this hotel again when visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Room 828 faces the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shamiedog,

Thanks so much for the detailed description of your stay and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it overall. Please accept our apologies about the couches: we will be receiving our new couches in less than one month. We look forward to your return visit.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Overall, my husband & I had a very positive stay at the Homewood Suites.

Our room was perfect.... It was the corner suite on the top floor. Very clean, very spacious! The kitchen was big and fully equipped with great amenities. Our living area had wall to wall windows and a fireplace and a balcony. It was so easy to just relax and feel at home when we were not walking around Seattle. The bedroom was a tad small - but just fine and our king bed was very comfortable.
The gym in the building is pretty basic but sufficient... we used it everyday. It had 2 ellipticals, 2 tread mills & a bike. Full rack of dumbbells and some mats.
The breakfast every morning was a nice add on... As was the free beer & wine in the evenings. ;)
And the Avis car rental that SHARES the hotel parking lot was a major bonus!!! This was so convenient on the two days that we ended up renting a car.

The negative things that I must call out:
The check-in process was a disaster. Our room was not ready when we arrived.... Nor as it even ready at 4pm - which is their policy. I got the sense, during our 7 day stay there, that this was the norm. I saw other people on different days trying to check-in and having issues.... This is really bad hotel business etiquette.
I also found that the front desk staff was not the most helpful or willing bunch of people. Again... Bad hotel business etiquette.

The location is great.... You can walk to EVERYTHING!! And the restaurants in Seattle are totally on-par with NYC dining.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
cpfp22,

We like perfect - so thank you. I do want to apologize for the issues you encountered at check in as well as the friendliness of our hotel staff. I will be working with our team to improve this and I hope that our guests do not see this as the norm. I promise we will improve and thank you for letting us know you had this issue.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is our first time staying at a Homewood Suites. I think I will only be using them in our future travels from now on. The location of this particular one was great because it was within walking distance to a lot of restaurants, shopping (Westlake and Pacific Place), Pike Place Market, SkyView Observatory and Seattle waterfront and transit stations.
The whole room was clean and the bed and pillows were really comfortable. Our couch had a little rip in the middle, but we always sat on the ends so it didn't matter.
The only thing about the room we stayed at (#640) was it was noisy from the street traffic on Boren Ave at Pike St. I thought at first that the sliding door was open when we first came in, but nope...it was closed. In our bedroom window, there looked like a gap between the window and the frame. You can definitely hear the sirens when they are passing by. It was a challenge trying to watch TV cause we had to turn it up really loud.
Even with the noise issue though, I would stay here again. Since we were tired most nights from all the walking we did, we slept like a log and didn't get bothered by the noise.
The staff was friendly and the free breakfast (everyday) and dinner (mon-thurs) were great. The 24/7 complimentary coffee is a definite plus. We're still dreaming about the sausage they served for breakfast. :)
Budget and Avis Car Rental office was next door which was convenient for us since we rented a car for the weekend to drive to Vancouver.
A little grocery store was also next door, but we only used them once during our whole week stay to buy water.
The gym had a bike, 2 treadmills, 2 stair/elliptical machines, a set of dumbbells, medicine balls and a bench. The gym had a water cooler and disposable (I think they were disposable) headphones (too bad I couldn't use them cause the jack couldn't fit through my lifeproof case). They also had wipes to wipe down the machines before and after use. Homewood needs to put a sign on the machines to wipe it down after use. If it was there, I didn't see it. There was a couple that was working out when I came in on one of the days and they were dripping sweat (as they should be) on the treadmill and the stair machines. They used the bench and the dumbbells. They did not have the decent courtesy of wiping any of the stuff they used before they left. Gross!
There was a laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer on our floor 3 doors down from our room. It cost $1.50 each for washer and dryer or do the super wash for $0.25 more.
The one thing I find odd in this hotel was the stairs. So we stayed on the 6th floor. We took the stairs down, but it only went as far as the 4th floor and the door exited out into the hallway. I'm sure there was another door for the stairs to keep going down, but shouldn't the stairs have continued all the way down in case of an emergency. Hmmm...
For the price and the cleanliness alone, I would stay at this place again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
maps2soto,

We appreciate the time you took to describe in detail the hotel offerings and services provided. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. We do have new couches coming next month, which will resolve the condition issue that you mentioned. Thanks for your patience with that and for determining that our brand is the only one for you moving forward. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Wenatchee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

By far the worst Homewood Suites that I have ever stayed at. The facility is old and hasn't been updated. To make matters worse, the cleanliness of the room left much to be desired. The room I initially was assigned wasn't much bigger than the closet in my house. It lacked a kitchen and separate lounge area. The room I next received had a queen bed (I had reserved a King) and was next to the freeway with intolerable noise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ray F,

I am very sorry that your stay was terrible. I'd like to have the opportunity to speak with you some more about the specific issues you had in the room (other than the size of the bed and the freeway noise). Please contact me if you have an opportunity and please give us another chance. I don't believe that your experience is typical of our property.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!