“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Wonderland Package
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed in Seattle a number of times and were very happy to find this hotel! Great location and great price. The rooms were spacious, clean and had a full kitchen. The breakfast was slightly above average compared to other hotels, where the breakfast is included. Walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You have to pay for parking, but that is the case for most hotels in the downtown area. We stayed for 2 nights and had to request to be moved for the 2nd night, as we were on the 4th floor, but on Boren St side, which meant we ended up being street level so it was VERY noisy. Requested to be moved and right away they moved us to the 9th floor, which was much better.

Room Tip: Request to be on the higher floors, due to street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Vedder12,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay. We definitely appreciate the kind words you had to say about our associates and our offerings. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The location is very good. Close to shopping and capital hill neighbourhood. However the room was small and it smelled. It may have been smoke from the smoking floors. No fridge or microwave in room. I wasn't able to check in until 3pm.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Speedy688,

I'm sorry that your room did not meet your expecations and thank you for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor. We do have a limited number of rooms that are non-suites, which are sold as non-suites. I'm not sure if that is what you booked for your stay and I'd certainly like to speak with you if you would like to contact me to speak further about your stay. I do hope you give us another chance the next time you are in town.

San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice Hotel, I was in for just one night, nice rooms, great staff, but the breakfast wasn´t as expected. Also for some people the sound of the city could be a problem since rooms aren't sound proof. A great thing is that you have Pike Place Market really close, and if you like shopping you will find plenty too. Near you can find a monorail that can take you to the space needle for less than $3.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Juan A,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm happy that you liked the hotel overall and I'm sorry that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations. I'd like to know more so that we could address the reason why we missed your expectations. Feel free to contact me if you wish to provide more detail. I hope you do so and that you give us another chance the next time you visit Seattle.

Yakima, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, this time I was there four nights. Although the room was in fact, a suite, not a small room as others described, the bedroom very badly stunk like dirty, unwashed bodies! (I actually had someone else come in and they, too, immediately noticed the terribly pungent dirty body smell.) It appeared to be coming from the pillows. I found the one that smelled the least and moved the others to the living room. The smell was better, but not gone. I reported it as I left for a meeting and was asked if I minded if someone came and checked. If someone checked, I was not notified and the smell remained. I was asked if I wanted to move to a new room, but I wasn’t certain it would have been a suite and really liked the rooms location.

The maid left an already used bottle of conditioner - which the front desk offered to replace when I brought it to them. There was also hair in the sink and on the edge of tub, which I removed and didn't report. The drain in the shower was so slow that my feet were covered with water by the end of every shower - which were approximately 4 minutes in duration!

On my last night, not only did I still have the nasty smell in the bedroom (which I actually reported one more time to a different desk clerk and again, to my knowledge, no one replaced the pillows and I did ask for clean bedding on day three - but new sheets and pillow cases did not eliminate the smell.) but there was a VERY strong cigarette smoke smell coming from the heat vent near the kitchen. I reported that and was told someone would come "spray" the room. In fact the room was sprayed with something while I was out of my room. It did smell better, but only until the spray wore off. The vent once again emitted a strong cigarette odor as soon as the spray had dissipated. I already decided reporting problems wasn't worth the effort , reporting the return of the cigarette smoke would only bring someone to spray again, and more fortunately and thankfully, it was my last night (and last visit to this Homewood).

I have stayed at a couple of other Homewood Suites in the Seattle area that were very nice, this wasn't one of them! The entire stay wasn’t terrible, thus the “Poor” instead of “Terrible” rating. It was close to the Convention Center, easy to get to, the breakfast was nicely served, and overall, the staff was friendly, even if they weren’t very good at removing the terrible odors in the room.

I thought the parking fees AND the tax on the parking fees were a bit steep!

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
J W,

It is apparent from reading your review that we completely missed the mark and did not provide you with a stay that met your expectations. I'm very sorry that this is the case and I do hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Given that you do travel often to Seattle, it would truly be a shame if this is the final impression of our hotel. I believe us to be capable of a much better experience and I hope for another chance.

Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the hotel. The room was neat and clean and very spacious. Room service was also good. Would have liked the hard/soft adjustable bed like they have at Hilton Garden Inn.

The hotel is also at a great location - very close to the restaurants, mall, movie theaters, broadway, businesses etc.,

The breakfast was ok - very limited variety, and almost repeated everyday with the same items.

What I did not like was the check-in and check-out process. It took me almost 30 minutes to check-in, and 30 minutes to check-out (had to just stand and wait at the reception desk because the system was slow down (both times), just one person at the desk to cater to multiple guests (both times)). My key also died 3 times and you cannot use the elevator without the key - so it was very inconvenient again.

At least for guests, the parking should be free or subsidized. It was the same for hotel guests or non-guests. Also, for Hilton Honors Diamond members, it should surely be free.

They should also have a heated pool that operates year long.

Very expensive for lack of some various basic amenities.

Overall an average experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
thatami,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and spacious. I'm sorry that you felt that parking should be complimentary at our location. We believe we charge a very competitive rate for our downtown Seattle location. Also, please accept my apologies for your check-in and check-out experience. That certainly fails my expectations for my property and is, I believe, an unusual experience at my property. I hope you will give us another try and find our hotel to be more enjoyable in the future.

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The folks at this hotel really get it - take good care of your customers and they will come back. The customer service at this hotel was about the best I've seen anywhere - so much so that I'm filling out this review. :)

The accommodations were perfect - everything about this stay was seamless and comfortable. Compliments to Hilton and this particular hotel for understanding that people do have choices and caring to make it a place customers will return to. Perfect stay in every way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
stringer5,

We really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for passing along your experience for others to read about. Please come back and see us again soon.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

What I liked least about this hotel was the fact that I only stayed for two nights. Honestly I can't say enough good things - the staff, the room, the facilities, the food, the LOCATION - all top notch.

Many hotels have one or two nice people at the front desk, but never have I been at a hotel where everyone treated you, like another reviewer stated, like royalty. Genuine kindness and concern - not the fake kind of niceness - and we can all tell the difference. Shout out to Christalyn(sp?) - she was the epitome of how providing outstanding service will drive people to come back to your place of business, or maybe even write a glowing review!

The location is close to the convention center and the downtown area. Walking distance to many excellent restaurants, bars, and coffee shops - this is the trendy/artsy part of Seattle and it is really hip and fun.

The room - I had a junior king suite, which had a very nice sized kitchen, a large living area, and a large bedroom with a super comfortable king bed. 2 flat screen TV's and everything was clean and updated. In fact the whole hotel has just a really bright, nice look and feel to it. Oh and complimentary wi-fi also comes in handy.

Dinner along with beer/wine is served M-Th and it is complimentary. I did not take advantage of this, but it looked and smelled great. Breakfast in the morning was decent.

What was really great was that I did not have to spend a fortune - the price was competitive and only slightly higher than the Hampton Inn where I have stayed in the past. Well worth the extra few dollars in my opinion. Only downside was that if you have a car with you, it's going to be expensive to park it there as they only offer valet parking at $32/night.

I would definitely 100% stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Carl M,

We never get tired of hearing about great service! I'm glad we were able to provide that for you during your stay - we've certainly done our job here. Thanks so much for the feedback and please come back and see us soon.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!